Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

justwaitin2b banded in October and a bit scared

Keyboard *hugs* I can do! Date duly noted in diary :car:

I'm seeing my doctor tomorrow to start this adventure, can't wait! I've pretty much worked out that, if I can get the date, I want to do it in December, just after Xmas. I have holidays and all sorts of things going on before then and can't take extra time off work, so the 2 week break over Xmas would work out just perfect - plus give me the New Year start for luck. *crosses fingers and hopes that the doctors don't take hols over Xmas :eek:

oops........p.s. for those not sure, you click on the underlined bit in my message, and it will take you to the article automatically..... cya K

Thank you for this link! I just read it and will re-read it again and again. I', scheduled for Oct 30 and excited and scared all at the same time. I am ready to go the distance but it sounds like a difficult journey at first and so much to get used to. Thank God for this site and people like you!:clap2:

Hi Fanny,

Hope all goes well and you get yur December date! I'm having my band right before Halloween on Oct.30th!

mscas - you need to but yourself some cheap cotton undies (knickers) and draw some halloween messages on them for the surgery team........... he,he,he

Hey - just want to shout from the rooftops - I have lost 3kgs so far this week on pre-op diet (oops 6.6lbs) yeah!! yeah!!

thats with no exercise......... 4 days/3 kgs....thats wot I'm talkin 'bout............ happy dance inserted here.....

Have a great day - K

GOOD LUCK today Fanny, can't wait til you let us know how you went!! Did you get much sleep last night?

Karen - 3kgs beaudy mate - well done!

I'm down 4kgs (8.8 pds) and it's only day 9 post op.

love yus all - Rastis

Well my GP was all for the idea and wrote the referal without hesitation. It is to Dr Stephen Watson, so I'm thankful Rastis has already given him a good wrap. Unfortunately, he's booked solid till late November, so my first consultation with him won't be until 27th :) which probably means my chances of getting a late December surgery date are pretty slim. Ah well... I'll just have to keep telling myself "patience, grasshopper, patience..."

Fanny - YAY YAY YAY!!! That is awesome news - CONGRATULATIONS - I am so stoked for you!!!

I know Dr Watson will be on holiday from just before Christmas until early January. I have an appointment with him around the 6th of Jan, so at least you will know he will be back by then.

I know a girl that had her initial consult with him and was banded two weeks later, so you may still beable to have Dec surgery, but not exactly when you wanted it. I know he only operates Monday and Wednesdays as well, just thought you'd like to know that bit of info.

Thank you for the info. It probably means I can't get the dates I want, but at least I know that in advance and won't get my heart set on it. I was hoping for somewhere between 27th & 31st December, but sounds like that's not to be :) Ah well. Not sure when else I can organise it though. I have 3 weeks hols already booked & paid for in Nov, so can't change that. I have to take the week between Xmas & New Year off, as work goes on to skeleton crews then, and there's no point in me being there on my own. If I can't get it done in that break, that means having to take another week off sometime in January, which will be a little tough financially after all the holidays and Xmas. *sighs* I'll figure it out somehow, I guess.

Nah, I'm a contractor so no sick pay - if I don't work, I don't get paid. With my roster, I could probably fit the surgery in one of my 6 days off but I'm a little leery about going back up into the heat and humping luggage all over after only a few days recovery. Doing it in the Xmas break around those days would give me a good 10 days to recover, which I figure is probably the minimum I should allow. But I shall figure it out somehow. No point worrying about it until after I've seen the Doc and found out what dates are possible anyway.

WTG Karen 6.6 pounds! NICE!!! Keep up the GREAT work!

Rastis 8.8 pounds alsmot a pound a day! WTG amazing! How are you feeling?? Any pain from the port?

Fanny I know how you are feeling about wanting a certin date. I wanted any date in OCT. so I would be healed by the time my daughter has her baby in the begining of Dec. But he was booked until Mid Nov. They wanted to give me Nov 13th but I begged and pleaded and got the 6th. Here in the states you need to see a ton of Drs. and have a lot of tests done. Maybe you could have them done so when you see him you are ready? Ask Rastis what your Dr. requires. Just an thought :) Dont' worry time will go by fast. As for lifting in a week, my Dr said NO lifting for 6 weeks! And I don't get paid unless I work either, but this too we will figure out. One step at a time! Best of luck to you!

Love,

Hey Ann - I actually wouldn't beable to tell you where my port is. I have a little bit of aching from my big incision, but the doctor has said that is normal. I have been trying to locate exactly where my port is, but I can't feel anything.

I have been feeling very tired by about 1-2pm, but that could be because I have 3 beautiful children that I have to look after (school holidays here in Perth). But they are really good and when I tell them Mummy just needs to lie on the couch for an hour or so, they keep themselves occupied. Lucky me!!!!

Good luck for November 6th Ann, I will be thinking of you!