Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

There is a good chance that you wouldnt even enjoy it. I was having a hard time with pain and pressure in my throat and chest. I just wanted something soothing and cold. I ordered vanila ice cream from mcdonalds and took two bites. I was so upset to find out that it tasted disgusting to me that i had a mini melt down.

Go on Pintrest, find a low carb high protien frozen concoction to make yourself

The act of making something good for you can sometimes help focus on better choices .

I was craving bread so I adequate a flour less protien bread.... it sucked horribly. Made a no bake protien "bar" my stomach didn't like the sweetness but the family loved it.

I enjoying trying to make new things. Sometimes it works out and sometimes not.

I ordered vanila ice cream from mcdonalds and took two bites.

How far post op are you? Or are you pre op?

I was 5 days post op. It wasnt the best descision, but i was tired of everything i ate sitting so painfully in my chest. The fatman part of me was justifying it as similar to milk and the sugar not mattering because i was barely getting anything down.

The realization that i could no longer resort to previous comfort measures, the first proof that my tastes had changed and that i had done this to myself, therefore could not blame an outside source or use an outside source for comfort, caused the melt down.

Question.... I'm still on the Clear Liquids for another 8 days. But I swear I've seen some people post about having something with milk in it. That's not allowed right?

I was going to have a sugar free fudgecicle but the first ingredient is milk so I haven't had it. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Check your program. I was allowed milk in my Protein shake for extra Protein. A fudge bar doesn't really sound like sugar free popsicle IMO. They mean the basic ones which are Water based and have sugar free flavoring added.

@@mallnut Clear liquids would not include true milk products, no. Clear is literal here...you need to be able to see through it. Full liquids include Soups and Protein drinks, and still must be of a pourable consistency.

sugar free popsicles are okay on a clear liquid diet, but not fudge pops. I had my surgery in June and I'm still in love with sugar free popsicles :)

It also depends on your surgeon. My surgeon realeased me to full liquids my second day post op and will likely give me the ok for pureed foods on my follow up on the 17th. But that is how he manages his paitents. You should follow your surgeons plans for you as he knows more about your guts than anyone.

I was 5 days post op. It wasnt the best descision, but i was tired of everything i ate sitting so painfully in my chest. The fatman part of me was justifying it as similar to milk and the sugar not mattering because i was barely getting anything down.

The realization that i could no longer resort to previous comfort measures, the first proof that my tastes had changed and that i had done this to myself, therefore could not blame an outside source or use an outside source for comfort, caused the melt down.

Yup, not the best decision at all. How are your foods sitting now? What are you eating? I had a stricture so I had a ton of difficulty eating. I feel you. At your stage, I was still on full liquids. Warm Soups were my best bet.

What are you not tolerating? What are you tolerating?

Yup, not the best decision at all. How are your foods sitting now? What are you eating? I had a stricture so I had a ton of difficulty eating. I feel you. At your stage, I was still on full liquids. Warm Soups were my best bet.

What are you not tolerating? What are you tolerating?

I still have near constant pressure in my chest, like someone is shoving their fist between my breasts. Dr office says its the acid in my sleeve and its a common issue.

Nothing seems to be irratating my sleeve (not even the ice cream) but its hard to keep sipping with the pressure. Especially when i also sometimes get the "pill stuck in your throat" feeling and am having a painful time with hiccups. The omeprozale helps, but the taste and texture of the smashed pills makes me heave. Hopefully this will resolve with liquid omeprozale.

I have been drinking premier chocolate, watered down apple juice, sugar free iced tea, hot tea with splenda, the vanilla pudding i brought home from the hospital (its good for getting powdered pills down), Jello, pureed egg drop Soup (dr ok) and broth.

Just curious, but why are you watering your protein' shake' down with juice'? That's full of sugar and no added protein'. I was allowed to blend mine with ice for more liquid' intake, or milk to thin it but nothing like juice'. Juice' is highly acidic, BTW, and could be part of your issue. :)

Have you tried strained soups' like Tomato or mushroom? Again, thin with Water or milk. For me, lukewarm was my answer. It relaxed my esophagus and was much easier to swallow.

Hopefully the liquid PPIs will help you! I was able to swallow pills' (even with the stricture) fortunately. Any reason you can't do that?

Just curious, but why are you watering your protein' shake' down with juice'? That's full of sugar and no added protein'. I was allowed to blend mine with ice for more liquid' intake, or milk to thin it but nothing like juice'. Juice' is highly acidic, BTW, and could be part of your issue. :)

Have you tried strained soups' like Tomato or mushroom? Again, thin with Water or milk. For me, lukewarm was my answer. It relaxed my esophagus and was much easier to swallow.

Hopefully the liquid PPIs will help you! I was able to swallow pills' (even with the stricture) fortunately. Any reason you can't do that?

Not watering down my shakes... watered down juice is a seperate thing. I was given it in the hospital, it was listed as part of my preop and post op plan, and i tolerate it more than crystal light and similar. I have a hard time with plain Water, and i am doing 1/4 juice to water to help get liquids down. I find that the fake sugars i was used to dont taste the same anymore.

I havent tried tomato... but allergic to mushrooms. Room temp is the hardest for me to get down, prob partially because i hated it prior to surgery.

HW 385 SW 359 Sleeved 10/5/16

lololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol!!!!!!!!!!!

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok I'm done. Just felt like being petty today as I sit here eating this piece of rotisserie chicken... on that note-- I am off to the GYM.

PS it's tough the first few weeks. Head hunger and adjusting to a new normal. It does get better. Focus on change. Right now is not the best time to think about eating cake and ice cream. Focus on meeting your Fluid and Protein goals, taking your Vitamins, getting your activity in. WHen you are on regular food you must stay away from foods that drive your hunger. CAKE, ICE CREAM, WHITE RICE, Pasta, bread AVOID them. Your body will thank you for it. Hang in there.

As for the pills surgeon said no whole pills only crushed. I would much prefer whole pills crushed is nasty.

HW 385 SW 359 Sleeved 10/5/16