Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When will I feel better or even remotely better?

broth is good for getting liquids in too... Instead of just Water.

I tried adding Protein to my warm Soups and it clumped up pretty bad. I read that you cannot heat up Protein powder

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

If it's homemade broth, starting with bones, there will be a little Protein in it, but not enough to really count. Broth sure does count as a liquid, though, and is a great relief from all that water!

The trick to adding protein to hot fluids is to make sure the Fluid isn't over 130 degrees Fahrenheit. I usually heat the liquid in the microwave for a few minutes and then check the temp with my instant-read meat thermometer (the kind you stick into meat and get an immediate reading- NOT the kind that you leave in meat while it's cooking). If the liquid is under 130 degrees, I stir in the Protein Powder and it's fine.

My powders are mostly good as long as under 140. I would echo Alex as the broths are good for liquid and Protein mix base.

The anesthesia really messes with our heads for a while after surgery. Take that into consideration as well

67 no Pain, no pills no restrictions. You should call your doctor.

So just as an update! I'm now done with day 5 post op. Still having issues with hydration so continuing to try and try. If not then will most likely have to go to ER to get IV tomm. The pain oddly feels like it's actually getting worse in my right side. It's almost a sharp pain. Any idea when that should start to improve?

So just as an update! I'm now done with day 5 post op. Still having issues with hydration so continuing to try and try. If not then will most likely have to go to ER to get IV tomm. The pain oddly feels like it's actually getting worse in my right side. It's almost a sharp pain. Any idea when that should start to improve?

Im having a sharp pain in my right side too. I feel like it's coming from my largest incision, which may be where they pulled my stomach from. Which i hear is the worst one to get over and the longest to heal. I figure it'll get worse before it gets better but im keeping an eye on it.

Getting Fluid in is pretty hard. Expecially because when i think i can take more or im going slow enough i start burping and get horrible pain in my chest and have to burp but can't. That's frustrating as hell. Definitely keep your doctor in the loop. Im bad with that at times but I'd rather be paranoid than end up with a serious complication. Be careful dear. And feel better. Hopefully it'll get easier. For both of us

Sent from my SM-G925T using the BariatricPal App

Im having a sharp pain in my right side too. I feel like it's coming from my largest incision, which may be where they pulled my stomach from. Which i hear is the worst one to get over and the longest to heal. I figure it'll get worse before it gets better but im keeping an eye on it.

Getting Fluid in is pretty hard. Expecially because when i think i can take more or im going slow enough i start burping and get horrible pain in my chest and have to burp but can't. That's frustrating as hell. Definitely keep your doctor in the loop. Im bad with that at times but I'd rather be paranoid than end up with a serious complication. Be careful dear. And feel better. Hopefully it'll get easier. For both of us

That's 1000% exactly what I'm going through... the burp hurts the worst when it's just stuck. And I feel like it happens so often! Thank u so much!

I think it happens because i don't pace myself and give myself enough time between sips. Learning process. I've been straining a bit also which i know isn't good. And I've been moving more so the areas are probably a bit irritated. Just take it easy. But Definitely check in with your doc to make sure everything is ok. I see my surgeon Thursday for my first post op (almost said pre op. Still getting used to being post op). So excited to get these staples out.

My sleeve was at 9am on 10/6. I was discharged the same day... I have been home since Thursday night and I'm in so much pain I'm scared I'm going to strain my abdomen every time I move. I'm crying a lot because I miss my 22 month old who's with his grandparents for a couple days while I recover. I'm sick of Isopure and would kill for some good old fashioned chicken broth. I don't know why I randomly still feel hungry yet not. There's always gas trapped in my chest I want to burp but it won't come out.

Hello i got sleeved on9/13 i had a leak so they went back in on 9/15. That being said i feel the same way you do about feeling hunger pains and not really being hungry. I also feel the gas. I take gasx for the gas that helps alot. Also i drank alot of very warm broth and herbal chamomile tea.

Sent from my SM-N930P using the BariatricPal App

Edited by roxyanet

My sleeve was at 9am on 10/6. I was discharged the same day... I have been home since Thursday night and I'm in so much pain I'm scared I'm going to strain my abdomen every time I move. I'm crying a lot because I miss my 22 month old who's with his grandparents for a couple days while I recover. I'm sick of Isopure and would kill for some good old fashioned chicken broth. I don't know why I randomly still feel hungry yet not. There's always gas trapped in my chest I want to burp but it won't come out.

Hello i got sleeved on9/13 i had a leak so they went back in on 9/15. That being said i feel the same way you do about feeling hunger pains and not really being hungry. I also feel the gas. I take gasx for the gas that helps alot. Also i drank alot of very warm broth and herbal chamomile tea.

So I ended up in the ER last night with a fever and dehydration despite the fact that I had gotten in my 64oz the ER doc seemed to think I was still dehydrated from surgery but I'm on day 6... I'm still always nauseous and I think I may have a UTI according the to the ER doc but he didn't think it was bad enough to need antibiotics. They did a CT to make sure there weren't any leaks. They gave me 2 liters of IV Fluids and discharged me. But today I am having pain in my lower pelvic area as if I do have a UTI. Prior to surgery I was on Zoloft for postpartum depression... I haven't gotten back on it yet because I'm afraid of the pill. But tomm will be a week so I will try. I'm scared and sad and having a really hard time.

So I ended up in the ER last night with a fever and dehydration despite the fact that I had gotten in my 64oz the ER doc seemed to think I was still dehydrated from surgery but I'm on day 6... I'm still always nauseous and I think I may have a UTI according the to the ER doc but he didn't think it was bad enough to need antibiotics. They did a CT to make sure there weren't any leaks. They gave me 2 liters of IV Fluids and discharged me. But today I am having pain in my lower pelvic area as if I do have a UTI. Prior to surgery I was on Zoloft for postpartum depression... I haven't gotten back on it yet because I'm afraid of the pill. But tomm will be a week so I will try. I'm scared and sad and having a really hard time.

Yes im in alot of pain too and keep getting told the scan show nothing anymore wrong just some blood leftover from my leak. Are you going ro bathroom regularly because thats the problem I'm having now and its causing lower abdomen pain thats really sharp.

I was sleeved on 10/31 but wasnt released until 11/2. Im shocked they sent you home the same day. I use Gas-X extra strength for the gas issues and trust me it does wonders. I have no gas issues and i am 6 days out.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using the BariatricPal App