Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When will I feel better or even remotely better?

My sleeve was at 9am on 10/6. I was discharged the same day... I have been home since Thursday night and I'm in so much pain I'm scared I'm going to strain my abdomen every time I move. I'm crying a lot because I miss my 22 month old who's with his grandparents for a couple days while I recover. I'm sick of Isopure and would kill for some good old fashioned chicken broth. I don't know why I randomly still feel hungry yet not. There's always gas trapped in my chest I want to burp but it won't come out.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I got sleeved on Wednesday, September 28 and spent the night at the hospital. I felt pretty awful until that Saturday, and then I started to make a turn for the better. We got out of the house and went to Sam's Club and Target. I was worn out after we returned, but I felt better.

It has gotten progressively better every day since then. We made a point to get out of the house every day to do something, and the next Wednesday (10/5), I started a daily sojourn to my spa and back for tanning, etc. which is a mile from my house each way. That wears me out still, but it has gotten less tiring every day that I have done it.

I was amazed at the rate at which things improved. I hope this is also the case for you. Good luck!

My sleeve was at 9am on 10/6. I was discharged the same day... I have been home since Thursday night and I'm in so much pain I'm scared I'm going to strain my abdomen every time I move. I'm crying a lot because I miss my 22 month old who's with his grandparents for a couple days while I recover. I'm sick of Isopure and would kill for some good old fashioned chicken broth. I don't know why I randomly still feel hungry yet not. There's always gas trapped in my chest I want to burp but it won't come out.

You should be able to have broth, ask your doctor why you can't.

A lot of people seem to feel they need an abdominal binder to hold things tight, ask about that too.

Oh, and the best thing for gas is walking, walking, walking.

Edited by laceemouse

The abdominal binder has been a life saver for me. Without it my stomach feels too heavy and like I'm going to bust a stitch. My sister just made some homemade broth for me to freeze. It's delicious. So much better than store bought. Try broth and decaffeinated tea. It'll help the gas pain. And when you use the bathroom if you can just rock back and forth. That really helped to move the gas in the right direction...out lol. I just had my first Protein shake and i hate that i have to keep that up. It's hard getting in the Water. I just keep sipping on things lol. Had my surgey 10/5/16. I went home the next afternoon. It's gotten better but that gas pain will probably take a while to settle. Hope you're doing ok. You'll start to feel more like yourself soon. I was up talking and walking around my house with

family today. It was really nice feeling almost normal again.

Sent from my SM-G925T using the BariatricPal App

Buck up kiddo, you're past the worst part and it will get better from here. I had a pretty easy experience compared to some but I definitely remember the pain getting in or out of bed, not to mention coughing which was the worst! After a couple of days I noticed I felt better each day. I would walk up and down the hall and noticed that I could go farther every day too. That really helped with the gas, which was the major source of my pain I think. Once that was out of my system after a few days it just felt like I had been punched in the gut but I was on the mend.

Feel better. Get those fluids in, walk a little, have faith. You'll do fine. Soon you'll have your little one back with you too!

For me, it was about 2 weeks to feel really better.

Best of luck stick to fluids!!!

I also had my sleeve on the 28th but wasn't released for five days because of a slight kidney blood count.... So coming home same day I'm sure was so hard... I know how hard it must be to be away from your baby... but... Things are going to get better really soon.. Important to drink and move as much as you can.. That gets everything moving along to help healing process..please call dr about drinking broth etc.. Also should be able todo sugar free Popsicles/fudgicles... Be patient it will be so worth it in the future and yes... so much healthier and happy!! Smile!!

Walk as much as you can and take your pain meds if you need them. Why can't you have chicken broth? It is considered a clear liquid.

My husband who is a chef says there is no Protein in it. But I've put my foot down and am getting broth tomorrow because I'm force feeding myself Isopure and Water and the pain of throwing up is much worse than I imagined. My guide from the doc allows for it starting tomorrow.

Buck up kiddo, you're past the worst part and it will get better from here. I had a pretty easy experience compared to some but I definitely remember the pain getting in or out of bed, not to mention coughing which was the worst! After a couple of days I noticed I felt better each day. I would walk up and down the hall and noticed that I could go farther every day too. That really helped with the gas, which was the major source of my pain I think. Once that was out of my system after a few days it just felt like I had been punched in the gut but I was on the mend.

Feel better. Get those fluids in, walk a little, have faith. You'll do fine. Soon you'll have your little one back with you too!

I get up and walk around the house like 4 or 5 times a day... i should be increasing this each day right?

The abdominal binder has been a life saver for me. Without it my stomach feels too heavy and like I'm going to bust a stitch. My sister just made some homemade broth for me to freeze. It's delicious. So much better than store bought. Try broth and decaffeinated tea. It'll help the gas pain. And when you use the bathroom if you can just rock back and forth. That really helped to move the gas in the right direction...out lol. I just had my first Protein shake and i hate that i have to keep that up. It's hard getting in the Water. I just keep sipping on things lol. Had my surgey 10/5/16. I went home the next afternoon. It's gotten better but that gas pain will probably take a while to settle. Hope you're doing ok. You'll start to feel more like yourself soon. I was up talking and walking around my house with

family today. It was really nice feeling almost normal again.

@@Torriluv87 when did you start using the abdominal binder? I ordered two diff kinds from Amazon and they arrived today. And how long do u wear yours for in a day?

I woke up in recovery with it on. Ive only taken it off to clean myself. It's really handy. I keep it on all day as tight as comfortable cause i think it helps me release some of the gas. I don't know what size it is but it's big lol.