Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When will I feel better or even remotely better?

Buck up kiddo, you're past the worst part and it will get better from here. I had a pretty easy experience compared to some but I definitely remember the pain getting in or out of bed, not to mention coughing which was the worst! After a couple of days I noticed I felt better each day. I would walk up and down the hall and noticed that I could go farther every day too. That really helped with the gas, which was the major source of my pain I think. Once that was out of my system after a few days it just felt like I had been punched in the gut but I was on the mend.

Feel better. Get those fluids in, walk a little, have faith. You'll do fine. Soon you'll have your little one back with you too!

I get up and walk around the house like 4 or 5 times a day... i should be increasing this each day right?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Yes, walking is good but no need to push hard. 4-5 times per day is pretty good. I'll bet you feel like doing more soon. Do what feels right--maybe a little longer walks when you feel like it. For me getting up and down to walk was far harder than the walking itself... You're on track. In a week you'll feel so much better this will just be a distant memory.

Walk as much as you can and take your pain meds if you need them. Why can't you have chicken broth? It is considered a clear liquid.

My husband who is a chef says there is no Protein in it. But I've put my foot down and am getting broth tomorrow because I'm force feeding myself Isopure and Water and the pain of throwing up is much worse than I imagined. My guide from the doc allows for it starting tomorrow.

Just get some unflavored Protein powder and mix into the broth. I've been alternating that with the Isopure No-Carb vanilla so that I have a sweet and savory contrast.

Walk as much as you can and take your pain meds if you need them. Why can't you have chicken broth? It is considered a clear liquid.< /p>

My husband who is a chef says there is no Protein in it. But I've put my foot down and am getting broth tomorrow because I'm force feeding myself Isopure and Water and the pain of throwing up is much worse than I imagined. My guide from the doc allows for it starting tomorrow.

Just get some unflavored Protein Powder and mix into the broth. I've been alternating that with the Isopure No-Carb vanilla so that I have a sweet and savory contrast.

Awesome idea! Omg thank u!

broth is good for getting liquids in too... Instead of just Water.

I tried adding Protein to my warm Soups and it clumped up pretty bad. I read that you cannot heat up Protein powder

In the case of broth, I just mix it while the broth is at room temperature, and then I heat it up in the microwave. I get it warm but not super hot and it works fine.

Your baby's probably having a great time bonding with your parents! Enjoy your healing time! If you can, walk outside. Only wear the binder while you're standing/walking. Try laying on your left side, it straightens the bowel a little for easier gas passage! If you're allowed, take a shower at least once a day! Good luck!

Sent from my HTCD200LVW using the BariatricPal App

Definitely need to be adding Protein to broth. Did you get post op diet and guidance from your surgeons office?

I how you start to feel better soon, when are you going to see your doctor?

Walking had helped me. But this morning I felt run over by a truck. Every hour has become a little better. Trying to remind myself to sip sip sip lol

Really hope you feel better soon zx

I how you start to feel better soon, when are you going to see your doctor?

Walking had helped me. But this morning I felt run over by a truck. Every hour has become a little better. Trying to remind myself to sip sip sip lol

Really hope you feel better soon zx

I go back on the 24th for my post op visit and my next phase nutrition class.

Definitely need to be adding Protein to broth. Did you get post op diet and guidance from your surgeons office?

I did but it's basically a list of items... they never mentioned adding Protein Powder to broth or anything else. The other issue is prior to the surgery I had only been eating non processed and mostly organic foods. So all this diet artificial sweetener and fake chemical laden stuff isn't sitting well with me at all.

I was sleeved October 6th as well. I can't even imagine having to leave the day of. I got out yesterday. I had a rough 3 days, Terrible dry heaving. I mean uncontrollable painful bouts of nausea and dry heaving, vomiting bile. I was really scared. Thankfully the dry heaving has stopped. But I have really bad pain in some areas. I do experience a pain at the top of my stomach every time I drink something I can't figure out what this is. I assume it will pass. Also I use Isopure clear grape drink and mix it with the g2 grape flavored Gatorade. I can't even taste the Protein taste just like gatorade.

I long for the day when I wake up and just feel normal again. I know it's a process... But I can't hemp but feel regret as I go through these difficult days. I have my son at home as well... He's about 2.5 years old.

Sent from my LGLS770 using the BariatricPal App

@@Boudala,

Congratulations on your surgery!

I know it is difficult right now, but take heart. You are in what can be the toughest post-op period. The few days right after surgery can be just as you described, with a lot of abdominal pain, plus feeling gas in your chest and the desire to burp.

It makes it mentally tougher when you have challenges like missing your little son! If you want chicken broth, why don’t you have it? As long as it is clear broth, it can just count towards your Fluid requirements for the day, and it might help you feel better.

The feelings of hunger that may not be hunger are also common, although they are confusing and frustrating! Sometimes what you think of as hunger can actually be pain from your surgery wounds. It is difficult to tell.

At this point, you will probably just want to get down whatever Protein and fluids you can tolerate to try to hit the goals your surgeon or nutritionist gave you. Then you can work towards recognizing hunger and fullness as you continue to heal and are feeling a little more normal.

As others have suggested, you can use walking to help manage the pain. The more you can keep moving, the better you will probably feel.

Try to stay positive and remember that this will pass, and probably very soon. Life will look a lot better when your son is back with you and you are not hurting so much!

Good luck!