Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Biggest Loser - good or bad?

I LOVE this show and have watched it regularly since it first aired..... although in seasons past I watched it while eating crap! It gives me motivation and focus..............

Sure the 10lb a week losses are not REAL world stuff but it is still motivation for me........

Those wanting to go on the show and have their lives exploited... well.. it IS giving them a chance to get out of their comfort zone and time for them to re establish themselves.. and heck some of them change their careers (like Drew who is now a public speaker)

Last night............ Neil......... he will be voted off soon.

Last night............ Neil......... he will be voted off soon.

I missed last night... but read the recap on NBC.com. Why wasn't Neil voted off if he purposely gained 17 pounds!?! I don't get that.

I don't care much for the show. I think it is unrealistic to devote as much time to exercise as they do. Plus it isn't good for your body to lose more than 1 - 2 pounds per week. When these people get off the show, will they really commit to 5+ hours a day of exercise - what do these people do for jobs and money? It's ranks about the same as the "Fad Diets" that end up hurting people with yo-yoing their weight more than it helps them.

Neil didn't get voted off because the blue team wouldn't vote for him and they all viewed Jez as the bigger threat.

No.. it is not realistic to think that they can continue the 5 hours a day exercise routine, but a lot of them DO change their habbits.... (thinking Marty and Amy) and Pete too.. I think now both head physical fitness youth organizations....

:)

Tracyinks

You Look Great....

I Had Been Watching Your Pict Change....keep Up The Great Work

I know he was just "playin the game" but darn it I was so hoping they'd bust his @ss and kick him off after that stunt.

And what about Amy and her trainer. I am so with her on switching trainers. I couldn't believe it when the trainer had the audacity to say "come back and talk to me about this... It's the least you owe me!" WTF! After she practically demanded the other teammates vote Amy off last week I would have laughed in her face for saying I owed her anything if I was Amy! Even if I understand the trainers reasoning, they really need to stay as far away from that side of the show as possible if they want to maintain a proper motivational relationship with the contestants for as long as they are there.

And what about Amy and her trainer. I am so with her on switching trainers. I couldn't believe it when the trainer had the audacity to say "come back and talk to me about this... It's the least you owe me!" WTF! After she practically demanded the other teammates vote Amy off last week I would have laughed in her face for saying I owed her anything if I was Amy! Even if I understand the trainers reasoning, they really need to stay as far away from that side of the show as possible if they want to maintain a proper motivational relationship with the contestants for as long as they are there.

i agree. amy didnt owe Kim anything. what kim did was inexcusable. 'here, vote her off, she's not losing anything'... WTH?

Maybe if all of you devoted a little more of your TV watching time to exercise you wouldn't be in this situation. You don't have the "time" or "determination" for exercise but you have "time" for TV and the "determination" to get a Lap-Band. Seriously this is an hour long show... sometimes two hours... and you are here complaining that in the real world you can't realistically do this, get real. Want to try and separate TV from Reality....try "separating" your rear from the couch your "reality" wouldn't be so large...

HAHAHAHAHA..you are ridiculous. You make a big assumption that I am not working out while I watch the show. As a matter of fact, whenever I watch BL, I ALWAYS do my hand weight program. For me it goes together. It is the only show on TV that makes me want to workout. But thanks for your inspiring words of wisdom. It is the tv 1hr a week of TV that made my butt so large. I wish I realized that before I wasted all this time getting my band.

Sorry I trudged up that old troll post. I was reading this thread from the beginning and it actually shocked me. I don't know why since there are people like that on every darn bulleting board...

Anyway, the show the other night shocked me. I cannot believe Neil gained 17lbs. What a sneak and as much as I know it is a game, I don't think it was worth it to be that underhanded. I would much rather be there with my integrity. It is not a cut throat game like Survivor or something.

I like the show. I don't think it is realistic but it still makes me feel inspired. I know it is exploitive, but I view it for what it is worth and try to get something positive out of it.

I will say, I HATE the product placement. It is so annoying and fake. "when I cook, I chew Freedent spearmint gum to keep from eating"..blah blah. Stupid!

I will say, I HATE the product placement. It is so annoying and fake. "when I cook, I chew Freedent spearmint gum to keep from eating"..blah blah. Stupid!

i agree ... the product placement is SO over the top ... it's hilarious!

i agree ... the product placement is SO over the top ... it's hilarious!

I don't like it either but think I could stomach (oops pun) it better if it meant less commercials like the old days of practically "commercial free" TV where the show actors would regularily break to personally say how great a particular laundry detergent (or cigarette) was. But to have to watch all the product placement and the same riduculous amount of commercials annoys me.

Oh and with TIVO and all the re-cap, and those commercials the show is more like 30-45 minutes (even the so-called 2-hour episodes)