Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeve to bypass revision tomorrow! Need advice and success stories

Tomorrow can not get here soon enough. Im nervous, excited and scared. I'm nervous that I'm making a mistake (first surgery went well...perhaps I won't be as lucky) - excited because I have hope that I will lose weight and get rid of the acid reflux, and scared that nothing will change or get worse.

I'm embarrassed I have to be here again. :/

My husband is supportive but doesn't really understand...food needs to be my enemy and just for fuel...it's hard to eat right when all he wants is meat and potatoes and I have to make it.

Anyways, searching for folks that have been successful in a sleeve to bypass situation..looking for all the advice I can get.

Hi I just wanted to say no need to feel embarrassed. I hope its not too personal but why are you getting a revision is it because of the acid reflux. I'm thinking about the the sleeve but Ive started to see a lot of people talk about really bad acid reflux and I'm getting scared. My husband was supportive at first of my decision to have surgery but now he's like there's risks and you wont enjoy food anymore... Anyway I just wanted to welcome you and wish you the best the luck!

Hi I just wanted to say no need to feel embarrassed. I hope its not too personal but why are you getting a revision is it because of the acid reflux. I'm thinking about the the sleeve but Ive started to see a lot of people talk about really bad acid reflux and I'm getting scared. My husband was supportive at first of my decision to have surgery but now he's like there's risks and you wont enjoy food anymore... Anyway I just wanted to welcome you and wish you the best the luck!

I still enjoy food!! The first few weeks are admittedly a bit rough, and most people lose their sense of hunger the first few months, but at some point, you feel normal and your hunger comes back. I enjoy food just as much as I did before - I just eat a lot less of it!

Thanks :) after the sleeve, life was great for about 2 years, but the I started getting horrible pains in my abdomen turned out it was acid reflux. Self medicated it and started eating soft carbs, long story short, gained 50lbs in a little more than a year. (Had lost 90lbs with the sleeve) so yes on acid reflux but I also need a reboot.

I hope all went very well! I'm also thinking about a revision, but there's so much to consider - and my original surgeon doesn't perform revisions, so in addition to the surgery considerations, I'd need to find a new surgeon. Keep us posted on your new journey - best wishes!

So 7 days out from revision. Had a hiccup a day and half later with a kink in my bowels causing everything, basically Water and Jello, to not go through me and coming back up. It was scary but I wasn't sure if I was overreacting.. was it just dumping? Almost same symptoms but after hours with no relief went to the ER. The tubed me, running it down my nose to the top of the bypass getting the acid and water out hoping it would unkink on its own. The tube friggin suckeddddd. But it worked not perfect but after another day and a half I was home again.

I'm hungry or head hungry, which sucks and can't wait to get to soft food stages. Definitely more intense than the sleeve in everything, pain, recovery.

Still hoping and aiming for the best, only time will tell.

So 7 days out from revision. Had a hiccup a day and half later with a kink in my bowels causing everything, basically Water and Jello, to not go through me and coming back up. It was scary but I wasn't sure if I was overreacting.. was it just dumping? Almost same symptoms but after hours with no relief went to the ER. The tubed me, running it down my nose to the top of the bypass getting the acid and Water out hoping it would unkink on its own. The tube friggin suckeddddd. But it worked not perfect but after another day and a half I was home again.

I'm hungry or head hungry, which sucks and can't wait to get to soft food stages. Definitely more intense than the sleeve in everything, pain, recovery.

Still hoping and aiming for the best, only time will tell.

Hey how's r u doing with your revision ??????

Sent from my Z981 using the BariatricPal App

I am having sleeve to bypass revision this Friday, 10/28! I was sleeved in January, 2012. I had great success for the first two years. Then between bad food choices and medication that causes weight gain, I gained it all back plus some. My acid reflux is bad and I have a hernia. I wasn't scared at all before but I must admit I have some fears this time around.

I am having sleeve to bypass revision this Friday, 10/28! I was sleeved in January, 2012. I had great success for the first two years. Then between bad food choices and medication that causes weight gain, I gained it all back plus some. My acid reflux is bad and I have a hernia. I wasn't scared at all before but I must admit I have some fears this time around.

I can't add you from her but can u try to add me on your end ????? I hope everything goes perfect for you on Friday and you'll be in. My prayers. I have my upper g.i for Nov 8th but I called the hospital today looking for a sooner date. It's been a serious battle. I lost 100lbs and gained back 30 in the past 2 years between the death of my father and sister 9 months apart and a miscarriage and divorce life happened. But I never gave up I still workout and eat as clean as possible ugh I just know there's light at the end of the tunnel and I have to be grateful for the progress I've made and for Bariatric pal still being here 4 years later .

So let's see... I'm about 5 weeks and a couple of days from revision. Definitely harder than the sleeve but can't really pinpoint what. It seems that I was further along with the sleeve, meaning eating more of a variety. This time around Protein is hard to get in and hurts! I keep trying...chew really soft chicken but just a bite can cause pain, so lots and lots of Soup. Mainly miso, lentil, bean and vegetable. So bored with it. I did slip and take a bite of my hubbys PB&J sandwich and unfortunately it was delicious and went down easily... I don't, at least it doesn't seem like it, the dumping for sweets. :/ had a teaspoon of honey as I was dying to get another flavor into me, no issues. I'm down about 18 - 20 lbs, and just started back with yoga. Pain from surgery completely gone except when I have that one bite too much. Still fighting head hunger...maybe forever...

So let's see... I'm about 5 weeks and a couple of days from revision. Definitely harder than the sleeve but can't really pinpoint what. It seems that I was further along with the sleeve, meaning eating more of a variety. This time around Protein is hard to get in and hurts! I keep trying...chew really soft chicken but just a bite can cause pain, so lots and lots of Soup. Mainly miso, lentil, bean and vegetable. So bored with it. I did slip and take a bite of my hubbys PB&J sandwich and unfortunately it was delicious and went down easily... I don't, at least it doesn't seem like it, the dumping for sweets. :/ had a teaspoon of honey as I was dying to get another flavor into me, no issues. I'm down about 18 - 20 lbs, and just started back with yoga. Pain from surgery completely gone except when I have that one bite too much. Still fighting head hunger...maybe forever...

So good to hear from you and glad u are doing well and out of pain !!! Head hunger sucks !!! Is it extremely easy to get full with bypass opposed to sleeve ??? Im sure it is but I wonder how different the restriction feels..

I'm about 6 weeks post op band to bypass. I'm eating regular food now (low carb of course) this is the best thing I ever did. Am mad at myself for not doing it sooner. I swear the recovery was easier than I remember the band being. Zero regrets here and down nearly 40lbs from my high weight 8 weeks ago.