Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What to pack for the hospital ?

extra long charger cord/extension cord for your phone

lip balm

soft cotton leisure bra that fastens in the front, no wires (if you are someone who feels better with some support while up and walking)

change of underwear

make sure whoever picks you up from the hospital brings a pillow that you can place between the seat belt and your abdomen

wear loose fitting comfy clothes to the hospital so that you can wear the same clothes home

That's about it . . . the hospital supplies everything else you need. Don't over pack!

@@Bufflehead has a good list. The only other thing that I took was a Kindle reader and a magazine. I found that I would only sleep in 1-2 hour increments in the hospital since there was a nurse waking me up every hour during the night- checking vitals, switching out IV Fluid, etc. I was glad that I brought something to read. It gave me something to do until I could fall back asleep.

I was sleeved 7/27/16. I used some loose pj pants so my bum wasn't hanging out. And my phone & charger.

My hospital supplied everything else (lip balm, Antigas meds, socks, etc)

I wore the same clothes home that I wore to the hospital. I left a pillow & blankie in the car so I was ready for the ride home.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I had really dry mouth. I bought biotine spray. Beyond what was mentioned above nothing. I overpacked. I wore home what I wore to the hospital. Toothbrush and toothpaste. Good lucking will go by quick

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I brought a robe, slippers, my cell phone, pjs, a charger, a pillow and leaving clothes with undies. I never used to robe, slippers or the pj's and barely used my cell. Everything was provided by the hospital and I spent most of the time trying to get snatches of sleep or walking the halls.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using the BariatricPal App

I brought a change of underwear and my cell phone charger. Left everything else at home. No jewelry. They provided me a gown and nonslip socks. Never used my phone charger. My wife brought my iPad but I never used it. Was too tired for much of anything. Wore the same clothes home that I went in wearing. Having the person picking you up bring a pillow for between the seatbelt isn't a bad idea.