Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any So Cal Sleevers?

@@joy4you who is your surgeon??? I was a relatively slow loser and my skin is not that bad!

My surgeon is the Director at Marina Del Rey Hospital, Dr Jeremy Korman, an excellent surgeon and pioneer of this surgery. It's my insurance that is requiring me to have surgery at Cedars. I do love Cedars so it's all good. I'm excited!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@ Clementine Sky, thanks for the info. Makes sense and I hope I lose slowly enough to not have loose skin. I want to lose 85-100 lbs. and I'll be happy with slow weight loss because I'm not going anywhere, so it can come off steadily. I will try everything to prevent it. I'm sure weight training helps too.

Shelliluv, congrats! How are you doing?

@@joy4you

I'm doing really good thank you. I've been extremely lucky to not have any real issues ( other then the dreaded constipation). I've learned tons from the members of this board and will be eternally grateful for their posts and guidance. you will do great Joy!

GSV surgery date 9/19/26

I'm in Culver City, VSG is scheduled for 11/10 at Cedars. I would love to be in touch with someone local . I have less than 30 days to go and I'm a little panicked that I haven't lost any weight since my initial consult in July. I am now gearing up for the pre-op diet, and am starting now so I can have some more time to get used to new new relationship with food. I'm nervous about loose skin. Any advice on what, if anything, I can to help prevent or minimize it? I'm 5'7, weigh 255. Eeks!

You'll be in good hands at Cedars. I was just there yesterday afternoon to see my endocrinologist, and have always had a positive experience. I had surgery in Mexico because my insurance wasn't going to cover any of the costs, but would have had it locally otherwise (though I had a terrific time in Mexico).

I don't have any loose skin. Losing s l o w l y seemed to help the most in regards to my skin having time to adapt and minimizing hair loss. It's not as satisfying when you step on the scale and don't see the numbers changing as often, but it has its perks. I think your age, how long you've been at your current weight, and other factors contribute to whether you'll have loose skin, in addition to the rapidness of weight loss.

One of my favorite places for low carb is Pampa's Grill in Culver City. We usually go after work and pick up dinner to have at home later.

@@"Clementine sky"

that's awesome that you don't really have loose skin. what's the secret to your success? are you working out?

GSV surgery date 9/19/26

I'm in Culver City, VSG is scheduled for 11/10 at Cedars. I would love to be in touch with someone local . I have less than 30 days to go and I'm a little panicked that I haven't lost any weight since my initial consult in July. I am now gearing up for the pre-op diet, and am starting now so I can have some more time to get used to new new relationship with food. I'm nervous about loose skin. Any advice on what, if anything, I can to help prevent or minimize it? I'm 5'7, weigh 255. Eeks!

You'll be in good hands at Cedars. I was just there yesterday afternoon to see my endocrinologist, and have always had a positive experience. I had surgery in Mexico because my insurance wasn't going to cover any of the costs, but would have had it locally otherwise (though I had a terrific time in Mexico).

I don't have any loose skin. Losing s l o w l y seemed to help the most in regards to my skin having time to adapt and minimizing hair loss. It's not as satisfying when you step on the scale and don't see the numbers changing as often, but it has its perks. I think your age, how long you've been at your current weight, and other factors contribute to whether you'll have loose skin, in addition to the rapidness of weight loss.

One of my favorite places for low carb is Pampa's Grill in Culver City. We usually go after work and pick up dinner to have at home later.

@@"Clementine sky"

that's awesome that you don't really have loose skin. what's the secret to your success? are you working out?

GSV surgery date 9/19/26

I took advantage of our SoCal weather and started biking to and from work and whenever possible, though the distance is not that significant. I live less than a mile from work. It does help, though. I haven't worked out with strength training or swimming, though both are supposedly excellent for helping to minimize loose skin. I joined a gym in September and have gone once due to my schedule, and just wanting to come home after work instead of going there. *hangs head in shame for the waste* I really haven't done anything other than lose slowly. I've had lengthy stalls - months long at times - that have been frustrating, but also beneficial because they've slowed down Hair loss and loose skin. It took me a full year to reach my goal. I did stop taking daily showers, because my dermatologist told me it was drying out my skin too much, and started using richer lotions and body oils for moisture. (I take them every 3rd day and spot clean in between). I don't know if that was a factor at all. I primarily use The Body Shop's or Trader Joe's body butter and Neutrogena body oil, so they're certainly not high-end brands. On my face and neck I use old-school Oil of Olay night moisturizer, just the plain kind, not the one for aging or skin tightening.

I was only at my highest weight for about six weeks before having surgery. From what I've been told the longer you're at your highest weight, the more likely your skin will have adapted to it and become loose when you lose a substantial amount. The other factors are your age (I'm in my 30s, so not a spring chicken but still have a lot of elasticity), and how quickly you lose. If anything, my skin actually looks tighter than before because of the biking. I do need to do something about my upper arms, not because there's any loose skin, but because they're lacking any tone.

thanks for the great tips . obviously it's working for you! it definitely gives me some good ideas which I appreciate very much (=

GSV surgery date 9/19/26

hi joy, i'm also in culver city but am doing surgery at ucla. nice to meet you -- drop me a message if you ever want to meet up for a coffee and a chat.

I'm in Ventura and sleeved in April by Dr. Thoman in Santa Barbara. I had a band from 2001 -2013 and loving my sleeve!

I'm in Oxnard and Dr. Billy in Ventura did my sleeve 11/15/16

You all are well on your way to your surgery dates. If not already had them. I am still at the beginning of the process, adventure. I am waiting to be enrolled in the 24 week classes that Kaiser makes you attend before even getting your surgery date. It seems so far away. but looking at your posts above, I have a new found vision of getting there.

I’m in Orange County and having my sleeve surgery on Monday (10/23/17)! Yikes! I’m going through Kaiser’s program. I did all the required classes and am all set to go. If anyone has an questions with Kaiser’s process feel free to ask me. My surgery will take place at Kaiser’s hospital in Harbor City. My surgeon is Dr. Belzberg.