Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who would have thought..6 months today

Lately I have been saying to my close friends who know I have had the surgery "who would have thought...."

I have had so many firsts and happy moments I never expected since my surgery. I can truly say this was the best decision I have ever made. For those on the fence I just want to say I have never regretted this decision and am amazed everyday what a game changer it has been. I am officially 6 months today and I honestly feel like at the age of 45 my life is just beginning. I am sort of a slow loser. I started at 240 start of diet. 225 surgery March 1 and as of last mon I was 163. 5'5

Because I can say for the first time in so, so many years, I truly love myself. I love who I have become. Not because I look more like the norm (though that is a a factor) but because of the little things.

I can go up and down stairs with ease. I can run 2 miles without stopping. I am doing a 5k next week. I feel I deserve a sassy haircut! I can go on vacation and chat with a man in the jacuzzi in a bathing suit. I can order just a chicken breast for dinner and not apologize. I can Dance to my Music when I walk and not care who sees Me or has an opinion. I can experiment with recipes to make it Bari friendly and tasty. I can run a weight loss challenge and encourage others to succeed. I can look in a mirror.(which I haven't in 4 years). I can have my picture taken by myself (only 2 times but I did to send to my grandmother who is not long for this world). And I feel ok at each size. I do not worry of it is a 12, 10, 8. I care how I feel in the clothes.

I can love me! I am about 35 40 lbs away from goal but I feel good about myself. I actually feel pretty and I haven't forever! I still feel my face looks fat so I need to work on that. I can't do selfie face pic but one day I hope I can get past this. I want to grow up and be As self confident as @@Dub and post a lot of pics of myself. He looks so amazing and I love that he sees it n himself. I want to see it in myself in a picture like him. Though he is hot stuff and I will never be as hot as him :). I am really stretching myself and posting a black bar pic of myself. This is from today for my meeting post-286600-14727990949914_thumb.jpg

Happy half anniversary to me.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by goplay94123

Wow. We sound alike height and weight. I'm 5'5 and 232. Seeing your results makes me so anxious to have my surgery. Although I have a few months I still can't wait. @goplay94124 thank you for posting your story. It gives me hope. You look amazing

Thank you. I am a pretty even keel person and when I read my post back I teared up. Because I am proud I was so vulnerable and I am glad you found some encouragement in your journey.

Hi all

Can anyone tell me what I can do about a capsule I have to take night and morning which doc says does not come in liquid form

I'm having surgery 7 September 2016

I'm fretting if I don't take it I'll be sick

Any help will be appreciated

Love all these success stories every one is doing amazing well done you

Roll on next Wednesday I want to be in this club

I had a medicine in pill form. Just take it pill form. None got stuck. I am not sure if efficacy was compromised as I stopped the meds a few weeks later. Good luck.

You are doing an outstanding job of making the most or your VSG.

Look at you......in 6 months !!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing results.

See....people look at before & after photos but they can't see the biggest changes......the changes that are occurring in our confidence and happiness. You described this really well.

I am very flattered by your kind words, however, you are the one that is inspiring here. Running marathons and helping others. You have made the most of your experience and are certain to make the most at your new life. Amazing results !!!

Great job! It fills my heart with joy to read that because although i am only 2 mos in my journey I've already got a new lease on life. I feel like I missed half of my 30's but the other half I pray should be amazing!

Off to my workout...

I am a slow loser too! Surgery was on 6/27 before surgery weight was 321 and currently I am at 284. I too have so much energy and enjoy life! Always loved the outdoors and walking but enjoy it more now. I've lost a lot of inches! Good luck everyone

Edited by Ronny1

Hi all

Can anyone tell me what I can do about a capsule I have to take night and morning which doc says does not come in liquid form

I'm having surgery 7 September 2016

I'm fretting if I don't take it I'll be sick

Any help will be appreciated

Love all these success stories every one is doing amazing well done you

Roll on next Wednesday I want to be in this club

I have a chronic illness and take 15 tablets everyday with no problems, I was sleeved 3 months ago Feel free to PM me if you have any questions

@@goplay94123

Happy 6 month Surgiversary! You look great! Awesome and well done :)

My 6 months is coming up in few days time. Can't believe how quickly the time went.

And my results are great too. I just need to get over yet another stall ..... LOL, they come and they go away in their own time.

Anyway, Congratulations to you and best wishes!

I finished my 5k tonight!post-286600-14734031752061_thumb.jpg