Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Positivity Thread

I was sleeved 8/22 and while still in the hospital I went on thredUp and bought 4 pairs of size 8 jeans. I only paid $17 and I'm currently a size 16 - but I will fit into those jeans!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I went to the theatre today which is something I love but used to dread cos those seats are so small! Usually my big bum means my knees are shoved into the back of the seat in front of me when I sit - not today! My first tangible moment of weigh-loss appreciation. It was wonderful!

Jo x

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Ps, this is a great idea for a thread Rosie x

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Here's to the first of many upcoming theatre trips, there'll be no stopping you now. x

I threw a huge bag today full of baggy clothes that are too big for me! :)

I was also shocked that I was able to fit perfectly in a size 16 jeans! :)

I'm so proud of myself of doing the surgery abroad by myself while also working on my master's dissertation! :)

I'm also proud that I still didn't give in all the terrible chocolate and junk food temptations! :)

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm proud of you too. Well done LuLu. :D

Today I was faced with immense pressure. Not only was Haagen-dazs half-price but so was my absolute favourite ice-cream, Mackies. A large 2litre tub for £2 - I would have been in ice cream heaven and was positively dribbling and drooling BUT I resisted, came home and had some strawberries. I'm really pleased with myself.

There's a popular boutique store near the campus where I teach that (controversially) only carries small sizes. It mainly appeals to teens, but in the window I saw a gorgeous, age-appropriate dress and decided to try it on. It fit perfectly. AND as a bonus the girl ringing me up assumed I was a college student and was going to give me the student discount. Haha. That was a blissful feeling for many reasons.

@@RosieCheeks I love salt & vinegar chips! This appeared on my FB feed today - I thought it looked good for when you might have that S&V chips craving.

http://www.sugarfreemom.com/recipes/salt-and-vinegar-zucchini-chips/

Sorry to crash the UK thread (again!). :-)

That's interesting, might give these a try. We call Zuccini an 'aubergine'.

By the way, feel free to 'gatecrash'; 'the more, the merrier' as we say here in Blighty.

There's a popular boutique store near the campus where I teach that (controversially) only carries small sizes. It mainly appeals to teens, but in the window I saw a gorgeous, age-appropriate dress and decided to try it on. It fit perfectly. AND as a bonus the girl ringing me up assumed I was a college student and was going to give me the student discount. Haha. That was a blissful feeling for many reasons.

I bet you were walking on air, well done.

On Sunday my friend and I went to Cheshire Oaks, a large retail outlet park, and I managed to walk all the way round, in and out of most shops and I didn't get short of breath once, nor did I have to sit down; my friend couldn't believe it. I haven't used my inhaler for over a month and feel almost 'normal'. I've gone down from a size 26/28 to a size 16. My Karen Millen coat is still on target to be worn this winter.

On Saturday I walked to my friend's house, wait for it.... drum roll...... 1.5 miles away!!!!!! I didn't even die on the way! I've not walked that much since about 1975.

How you doing LuLu?