Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Positivity Thread

I'm doing good. Left the uk and came back home two weeks ago. For the first week, I didn't feel like eating but now my appetite has increased like crazy like I can't stop eating! :-) I have no idea why. But I think because of the new acid pills + low Water intake.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm looking forward to shopping at a store where I am NOT in the largest size they carry. To not be grateful for ugly color combinations just because they fit. To not need triple mirrors to see me all. To have someone say you look "cute" instead of "nice", why you're pretty"* without gritting their teeth or acting surprised. To hear "you're how old?" instead of "you look well". And not have strange children call me Grandma cause that's all I could be.

Sent from my S55 using the BariatricPal App

Hahahaha! My God...the number of ugly colored clothes I have thrown away are unbelievable! I'm so happy knowing that I don't need to buy ugly clothes anymore just because they fit and knowing that I have a choice to create my own style! :-)

I'm so happy for these triumphs that we made! It really feels great! :-)

Keep going hard, Rosie! ????

Hahahaha! My God...the number of ugly colored clothes I have thrown away are unbelievable! I'm so happy knowing that I don't need to buy ugly clothes anymore just because they fit and knowing that I have a choice to create my own style! :-)

I'm so happy for these triumphs that we made! It really feels great! :-)

Keep going hard, Rosie!

I too hated 'fat shops' They seem to think being fat equals no dress sense and they make things in the most garish and clashing colours ever. I am enjoying shopping and dressing again and it's no longer a case of going to the wardrobe to choose from my vast range of black sacks. I'm a self-confessed label queen but have not been near any decent labels in years, whilst there are some labels I'll never get back into because they think size 14 (UK) is plus size, I'm slowly getting there. Had a browse in Harvey Nicks the other week and pretty sure I'll be back for my Christmas outfit as I no longer feel embarrassed just looking at the clothes.

Ahhh yeah! It's so great to finally feel light and able to shop anywhere whiteout feeling embarrassed. I didn't go shopping yet as I'm still losing weight. Can't wait to reach my goal weight. I'll reward myself and indulge in a few high end quality items :-p

Well boys and girlies, I've reached the SIX, yes 6, stone loss mark and feel positively ticketyboo! I wore jeans on Saturday, probably could be doing with a bit more off before I do that again but I thought 'what the hell'! I had an Irn Bru ice lolly to Celebrate, my friend found them for me (and drove the six miles home like a bat out of hell before they melted) bless him.

I'm enjoying my new life. Still not doing much exercise, I really don't enjoy it but still making an effort to walk more, use stairs etc... but I will probably have to do some sort of exercise pre-body life next year. Eating out more now and learning when I've had enough before it hurts and I feel dreadful but I don't feel deprived of anything.

How's it going with you lot?

Happy for you, Rosie! ????

My sleeping schedule is messed up. sleeping all day and staying up all night. As a result, I'm eating all night and barely moving.

I'll go back to work in week or so, therefore, I'm planning to commit and join a gym to do strength training. I also want to play tennis and learn Bollywood dances for fun :-p

Going out to restaurants is so hard. I don't enjoy it at all and it's a challenge especially when I'm out with family members or friends who don't know I had the sleeve and eventually are shocked at how little I can eat now. :-)

Lulu, this is the positivity thread, let's try keep it that way so that new sleevers can see the positive side.

My friend made me laugh the other day. Talking about my weightloss she said 'well you just look normal now'. I get what she meant, she wasn't judging but just saying it as she saw it.

I do hope she only meant weightwise though as otherwise, I've never been 'normal' in my life!

Today I got to sip up a pair of UGG boots I bought a few months ago that did not fit. Whoop whoop and only 2 weeks post op.

Wee things like this are great aren't they.

I sorted out my closet and got ride of several items that are to big now. Made me feel good tossing my size 28 pants in the goodwill bag.

Still not at the stage of buying new. I have loads of clothes in the back of my closet to recycle.

Sent from my LG-H343 using the BariatricPal App

I know that feeling!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using the BariatricPal App