Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Upper GI Series - OMG!

I had the upper GI barium swallow & an endoscopy as part of the pre-op workup for both of my surgeries.

Wait until you have to swallow that crap immediately post op. That was my only horrific experience with this process. The gastro Doctor performing the test had the bedside manner of a psycho sadist. He barked at me the whole time because I was gagging horribly and had tears pouring out of me eyes and snot bubbling out of my nose in an effort to hold it down.

If I ever see that man again, l'll junk punch him so hard his part will fall off. Seriously.

Junk punch....lol....

thunder32

My surgeon must have done the dye test while I was still "under". I am so grateful!! @@KristenLe, I hope you get your surgery date soon! I know you have done your homework and helped a lot of people...I know you are ready!

@@KristenLe

Hope you get your surgery date soon, September is not that far off.

I had to wait 9 months, was going to be sleeved last July 2015, but my sick thyroid was discovered and had to be stabilised prior the op. So, I finally had my op early March 2016.

I had the leak test Barium swallow (post op), and the only leak I had afterwards was from my behind! I could not get off the toilet. Worst runs I had for a long time, and on the day I was being discharged from the hospital!

Cleaned me out really well :(

Barium swallows are a walk in the park as compared to trying to keep down my wife's "meatloaf surprise". :)

That's what she says about your "sausage supreme"!!!

Ba-dum, tish!

ROTFL!

Barium swallows are a walk in the park as compared to trying to keep down my wife's "meatloaf surprise". :)

That's what she says about your "sausage supreme"!!!

Best comment EVER! Lololololololol....

My doctor doesn't do leak tests. So happy

Sent from my SM-N910T using the BariatricPal App

The post-op leak test--drinking toxic waste slug--is just one of the bumps in the WLS journey.

There will be many more, "put your big girl/boy panties/briefs on" moments.

The toxic slug is god awful, but since I wasn't allowed to leave until I did it---I did it.

It's one of those, "just do it" things.

Then, afterwards you get to share your horror leak test stories with all of the new newbies.

It reminds me of going to a baby shower and all of the women exchanging "if you think YOUR labor and delivery was difficult, let me tell you about my labor and delivery. I really should be in the Guinnes.s Book of Records. My delivery was soooooo painful, soooo bloody, soooo everything".

It's like a right of passage.

Good luck --seriously. The leak test is not lethal, but at that moment it certainly will seem so.

You can do it. You know it.

Be sure to post about your experience, so we all can compare yours with ours! :)

I've had many due severe complications of lapband. The worst part is it comes out like cement

Yes! How ever horrible it is going in (and it's pretty horrible)... it's much worse coming out. When they tell you to drink a ton of Water, they're not kidding. Drink, drink and drink some more. Otherwise you'll feel like you're trying to pass a cement pinecone.