Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Failing at this!!!!!!!!!!!!

okay, So I Have Had 3 Fills Already, And Still No Restriction. I Admit I Do Get Stuck Sometimes, And Pb Very Little, But Just From Eating Too Quickly. I Can Still Eat Just About Everything. I Can't Eat Quite As Much As Before Being Banded, But Still Too Too Much. I Am Starting To Think That Maybe This Just Isn't Going To Work For Me. I Am Going To Call Doc For A 4th Fill, But C'mon Shouldn't I Have Some Restriction By Now? Any Advice Will Be Appreciated. I Have Been Sooo Depressed, I Haven't Even Been Exercising. I Promise Myself To Start Up Again Tomorrow, But I Know That Exercise Alone Isn't Enough. Thanks For Listening.

I feel your pain Sweetie! I've been feeling quite similar. I've had two fills and can still eat a good bit! I am losing SO SLOWLY! But, I keep trying to cheer myself up by remembering that if I hadn't had the band, I'd be gaining weight! My surgeon told me that the first few months are trial and error and patience is key. I told him that I am NOT a patient person, but I'd try...then we both had a giggle. It's really frustrating to see people have great success right out of the gate and lose weight like crazy, when we're a little slower...but we are all very different and unfortunately you and I aren't quick starters...we will get there and we ARE moving in the right direction...no, not as fast as we'd like, but we're not gaining...we are losing...all be it s-l-o-w-l-y! Hang in there...we'll make it :)

SWEETY - Forgive me if I already asked this, but where in Texas do you live? If you are close by, maybe we could be excercise buddies and support buddies?

Sweety feelin your pain also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have had two fills, very little restriction only occasional getting "stuck" if I eat too fast. I can eat whatever I want and almost as much as before. I have put on a couple of pounds in the last 2 weeks and I am super DEPRESSED. i am also thinking I am a failure at this along with all the other attempts at weight loss I have ever tried. I feel so hopeless right now, but lots of folk have had 4 or 5 fills to get that spot so we have to keep on going. I hate this

You are not failing, it just takes time to get to the perfect spot for you. I had 5 or 6 fills before I had any restriction at all. You have to be patient with your fills, because if you go too fast that's when all the problems start happening. Each time you get a fill you have to make sure it doesn't get too tight. I have fills and 5-6 weeks later they tighten up a little more. Just hang in there!

it really doesnt matter HOW MANY fills you have had - if the doctor only gave you .1 cc ... it's the amount of Fluid you have in your band and your personal body.

everyone is different - try not to get caught up in who is doing what / who is losing what. this is YOUR journey.

hang in there, make the call if you need another fill. you can do this!

Sweety I am in the same boat. I have had two fills and do have some restriction, but that doesn't stop me from eating. I can still eat almost anything. I have only pb'd once. My weight loss is very slow. At one point I only lost 1/2 pound over a two week period. I do not weigh myself at home. I get weighed at the exercise and nutrition class I go to. I look at the rest of them and do feel like a failure. I have lost 30 pounds and have not changed sizes in clothes. My clothes were tight when I started and now they are getting loose but not falling off yet. It doesn't seem like I have lost any inches. I am not that good at exercising.

I have lost 30 pounds and have not changed sizes in clothes. My clothes were tight when I started and now they are getting loose but not falling off yet. It doesn't seem like I have lost any inches. I am not that good at exercising.

it took me a good 55 - 60 pounds before clothes were 'falling off' me. please dont get discouraged, everyone is different.

you may want to start exercising - it REALLY does make a big difference.

wow Guys,

thanks Sooo Much For The Support. I Called Doc Today, And Have An Appt. On Friday. I Have Just Been Sooo Discouraged. I Am Sorry That Sooo Many Of You Are In The Same Boat, But It Is Also Comforting To Know That I Am Not The Only One.

stef- I Am Near San Antonio. I Would Love To Be Support Buddies. I Wish We Lived Close Enough To Be Workout Partners.

musicalmomma-i Feel Ya. I Am Not A Very Patient Person Either. I Will Hang In There, But It Isn't The Easiest Thing To Do. I Just Don't Want To Be Able To Eat So Darn Much.

losing-you Are Right, We Are All Different. I Just Wish Doc Were A Little More Aggressive With His Fills. I Would Rather Go In For A Slight Unfill Than Go In Every 2-3 Weeks For Another Fill.

i Hope That Fridays Fill Will Give Me Some Much Needed Restriction. Again, Thanks To All Of You For The Great Support. I Know I Can Always Count On Ya'll.

The way I'm reading your ticket is that over a couple of months you have lost a third of the weight that you want to lose!!!!! What other summer can you say that!?!

But.....I know what you saying.....I want to lose quicker too! I debating on my third fill......some days I have all the restriction I can handle and other days....NONE! Really wacky!

It took me 5 fills before I was at the proper restriction level. I remember being able to eat an entire hamburger or subway sandwich! Keep going back until you can only eat 1/4 cup of food. It will be worth it.

Sweety how did your Friday fill go???? I had another one too, still not much change, I guess fill number 4 will be the magic one!!!! Hope you feel something in your band Marga

I have gone through a lot of trial and error to find my restriction. The doctor's office told me it is typical for a person to need 2-4 fills to be in the right place. Also, I found out that I need the thicker solution in my band. For some reason some of the saline absorbs out of the band in some people and my doctor said that it "just happens in some people and we cannot explain exactly why". The thicker solution doesn't go anywhere and I could definately fell the difference in my band! Finally after 3 fills I do have restriction and do feel like I will be on my way to more productive weight loss. I would definately get fills until you feel restriction. Otherwise, you are not getting the full benefit of the band.

wow Guys,

thanks Sooo Much For The Support. I Called Doc Today, And Have An Appt. On Friday. I Have Just Been Sooo Discouraged. I Am Sorry That Sooo Many Of You Are In The Same Boat, But It Is Also Comforting To Know That I Am Not The Only One.

i Hope That Fridays Fill Will Give Me Some Much Needed Restriction. Again, Thanks To All Of You For The Great Support. I Know I Can Always Count On Ya'll.

SWEETY......Look how close you are to ONE-DERVILLE!!!!!!!!

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!