Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anger Tightens the Band

I have a friend who is selling a weight loss and energy product, she knows that I have the band but that I got off track and started to gain again. When I told her I just needed to go in for maintenance she tried to push her products on me as well as ask me to throw a party at my house (my friends and relatives of course) so she could sell to them. I'm all for supporting my friends projects if it's something I believe in but this is another multi-level gimmick that will be out of fashion in a year or so.Long story short, she's trying to "make" me buy her stuff even though I told her I need to sample it first because it may not agree with me and I'd be throwing away money. I'll spare you all the details but she almost got me upset by not taking no as an answer - but I remembered that I haven't eaten yet and when I get upset my band feels completely closed and nothing will go down.

Moral of the story: don't let people upset you, your band doesn't like it.

Nice to see you back on the forum. I know you were gone for a while.

Thank you, it's great to be back!! I needed to return because this site keeps me accountable for my actions some how, I got off track but now I'm back in the swing of things again. I missed it here. LOL

If I may, you stated you got off track. What type of food were you eating.

Is there special eating plan ?

How many bounds a week did you lose with the band. I'm still deciding on sleeve or band

Quite honestly, I was eating EVERYTHING...NOTHING DIDN'T GO DOWN. LOL

How many bounds a week did you lose with the band. I'm still deciding on sleeve or band

I lost a total of 82 pounds, gained back some when I quit smoking but I got another fill and have lost 23 pounds in 23 days!

I can't say that there is a special eating plan, just things you'll want to avoid. Your body will tell you what it doesn't like and that might change every time you get a fill.

Hi I also done got off track been banded 6 years need to do just the liquid to ajust the band it's kind of stretched alittle HELP

Sent from my LG-H634 using the BariatricPal App

I've been banded for 3 yrs. as soon as I was banded I had 3 different medical problems that threw me right off track. Got to the whole food stage & everything blew up. Last September I decided enough is enough. Back to exercise & somewhat watching my food. January this year got back on track with food & exercise. Sorry to say I still lose weight VERY slowly (15lbs since Jan) but I have lost 22 inches-6 of those on my waist. Down 2 sizes. I rarely get on my scale anymore. I don't care about the LB's the inches are worth it alone. Still struggle with food but now I've had ANOTHER surgery (dbl. hernia) & I have no appetite! WHAT. When I remember to eat I drink a Protein drink. Seeing the doc this week to be sure I can exercise again. The moral of this story is just to keep at it. It does work.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App