Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I feel like I'm eating too much

Im almost 6 weeks out. I can only eat very little for Breakfast lunch and dinner. But in between esp at night ill snack on little foods. Like example

Breakfast I had half of a scrambled egg and 1 pc of turkey bacon

lunch i was only able to eat 1 slice of turkey and 1 slice of cheese

For dinner I had half a hamburger and Mandarin oranges

After that I had one deviled egg then a little bit later I had half a Protein shake. Then I had a sugar free popsicle. And then i had another pc of turkey with a slice of cheese.

Does this seem like too much? Idk what has been up with me the past couple days but I have been getting hungry at night. I'm terrified of stretching my pouch. I havent got sick so that's a good thing. Maybe I should eat for veggies and fruit as well? My dietician just told me to eat 3 means and 2 Snacks. What do u guys usually eat for Snacks?

Please help I need advice.

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

It does to me, but I have no idea really. I'm just two weeks out today and have graduated to full liquids. I won't be able to eat scrambled eggs until weeks 5-6. meat, unless it's puréed won't be until weeks 7-8.

Looking forward to hearing other responses.

VSG 6/17/2016

Are you tracking Protein grams, carb grams, etc? Do you know how many calories you are eating? Are you getting in all the recommended Protein?

It doesn't sound like too much to me, in fact sounds a little light on the protein depending on how much "a slice" is. Are we talking a thin slice of deli meat or a 2 ounce slice of turkey? Same with the cheese, are we taking a thin half ounce slice or a 2 ounce piece?

Are you tracking Protein grams, carb grams, etc? Do you know how many calories you are eating? Are you getting in all the recommended Protein?

It doesn't sound like too much to me, in fact sounds a little light on the protein depending on how much "a slice" is. Are we talking a thin slice of deli meat or a 2 ounce slice of turkey? Same with the cheese, are we taking a thin half ounce slice or a 2 ounce piece?

I track everything. I'm only getting 500 to 600 calories a day. It's also the 2 Oz maybe if turkey from deli. I didnt get them too thin the cheese is regular sliced. I use my scale and measure out 4 ounces but I can't eat all of that in one sitting so I go back and eat it for a snack. I'm just wondering if I should try to get more veggies and fruit. I know im not getting enough protein cus i cant eat that much in one sitting but I do go back to it.

Doesn't sound like a a lot to me. But from the get go, I've been different from everyone else. I am not having the same success as others, rarely feel restriction or fullness, extremely slow loser, have no problems physically eating foods that others swear they can't handle, etc. As proof of my compliance, I've been tracking everything I eat on myfitnesspal.com. I average between 700-800 calories a day, but believe me, I could eat more. I am tempted to tell my doc to go back in and make my sleeve smaller! So disappointed, but hey, what else can I do! ?

It doesn't sound like much to me. I worried from day one I could eat more than I should be able to, and still worry now at 5 months out. But I have been successful, and still lose consistently so I think it was all in my head. In order for us to get all of our Protein, we need to eat multiple times a day. Because we cant really eat big meals anyway, there is no harm in eating 5-6 times a day if youre keeping them small and protein filled.

I track everything. I'm only getting 500 to 600 calories a day. It's also the 2 Oz maybe if turkey from deli. I didnt get them too thin the cheese is regular sliced. I use my scale and measure out 4 ounces but I can't eat all of that in one sitting so I go back and eat it for a snack. I'm just wondering if I should try to get more veggies and fruit. I know im not getting enough protein cus i cant eat that much in one sitting but I do go back to it.

I don't understand why you are asking if you're eating too much if you can't get in all your protein. Clearly if you aren't eating enough protein then the answer is no.

I still have to use Protein shakes and bars to meet my protein goals at 2.5 years out. Keep after it, 5-6 small meals that are protein rich do it for me!