Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELLO, any oldies out there? I'm almost 63 and want to live.

hi, everyone. I am 60 years old and had my surgery on May 31 of this year. I feel great, Glucophage is reduced and will be eliminated next month, high blood pressure pill, also. I cried when the doctor told me this because I feel I would never get off of them. what a relief. I have about 50 lbs to go and no one said this was easy, it's not. You don't really have that Thanksgiving Day full feeling, it's more like it hurts feeling. The band is like a screwdriver, you couldn't very well turn a screw without it. oh, well. it is still hard, you don't get that satisfaction of chewing and enjoying full, you feel oh, I better stop or I'll pay the price feeling. I think you know what I'm saying. I need this policeman inside, otherwise I would have too many Thanksgivings. lol. I don't think we're too old, it is fairly new here, maybe just six years here. so it's now or never. everyone is doing so well.

Hi from former FatAttack, I just got me a new handle. This sounds a little more cheerful.

IndioGirl55, going to that over 50 thread now. Thanks

Hi from former FatAttack, I just got me a new handle. This sounds a little more cheerful.

IndioGirl55, going to that over 50 thread now. Thanks

LOVE YOUR NEW NAME - SO MUCH BETTER

NEW Mexico SUNSHINE ???

SEE YA ON THE MATURE BOARD OR SHOULD I SAY MATURE BROAD'S BOARD ;)- I DON'T THINK WE HAVE ANY GUYS THERE:confused:

Hi NM Sunshine. I will be 60 in a couple months; I had my lapband surgery July 20, 2007. I have lost 20 lbs with the pre-diet and since being banded. I have high blood pressure (going down), diabetic (sugars going down), CAD - 3 stents, and a right knee replacement (weight loss so far is helping with the knee pain). My insurance required a one year diet beforehand - hell I could be dead in a year!! so I self-paid. No regrets so far!!

Thanks Boomer46

CrochetGranny, I'm afraid that I am going through a real hassle with my inusurance. For months now my doctor and I have been trying to get my insurance to approve a new blood pressure medicine to replace the Ace Inhibitor I was taking. I got angioedema from it and am lucky to be alive. Still no approval!!!! I can just imagine the hastle I will go through trying to get the LapBand surgery approved. So, I'm looking at self pay and a Mexico doctor..........

Hi Nicnak...As in everyone case..we are all different. I found that being in a support group at first was what helped me the most. My Dr. sponsored a group and we met every week. Now we meet once a month at someones house. We bring different recipes and ideas. I never joined a gym whichj works for some, but not for me. I just love to walk. AND, I have weights stuff ing arage and I go out early in morning and turn on my music and get with it. I also ride my bicycle. I have to admit that the exercise kind of went down the drain for a bit and I am gettign back on track now. I had Tummy Tuck almost a year ago and ahd soem complications. LAst thing on my mind was exercise...so am back in the swing of things. The thing you always have to remember is that the band is JUST a tool..you still ahve to make changes in your life. BUT, if it will work for me it will work for most!.. I thank God for this chance at changing my life and hopefully living a healthier life for as long as HE gives me!..Good luck and if you want to pick my brain..here I am..haha

hugggggggggs to all

deb

NMSunshine.. You might check into my Dr in Colorado for your lap band surgery. He charges $9950 for the whole works and the covers 3 months aftercare and fills.. Since you are close by in NM, it is another option besides Mexico... Just thought I would pass it along.. There is a link to his web site below my signature..

PS. It's good to see you over at the over 50 thread and your new handle..

I've just begun my Quest into banding. They say the break-off age point is 65. I'm almost 63 and need to move fast. Us 'oldies' want to live and know that the excess fat will shorten our lives. I've been checking all the treads and everyone is below 50. But us 'grannies' have our own unique problems. And we face the potential of death from fat. 63 may sound old, but I want to live as much as I did in my 30's. I want to think of death as something that hits during the 90's.

:car:

Hi FatAttach,

I was banded on August 1. 2007. I am 60 years young. They say 60 is the new 40. We will see. I am willing to try.

My Mom was 96 this year. I lost her in March. She was active and in great health until 2004 when she was diagnosed with dementia. She never had a weight problem. I gained almost 15 pounds from the time she died until the day of my Surgery. This is a new journey for me some days are harder than others but it takes time to adjust to this new life style.

Best of luck to you on your journey.

Munch

Hi FatAttach,

I was banded on August 1. 2007. I am 60 years young. They say 60 is the new 40. We will see. I am willing to try.

My Mom was 96 this year. I lost her in March. She was active and in great health until 2004 when she was diagnosed with dementia. She never had a weight problem. I gained almost 15 pounds from the time she died until the day of my Surgery. This is a new journey for me some days are harder than others but it takes time to adjust to this new life style.

Best of luck to you on your journey.

Munch

P.S. Forgot to tell you I have lost 14 lbs since Aug 1.

I've just begun my Quest into banding. They say the break-off age point is 65. I'm almost 63 and need to move fast. Us 'oldies' want to live and know that the excess fat will shorten our lives. I've been checking all the treads and everyone is below 50. But us 'grannies' have our own unique problems. And we face the potential of death from fat. 63 may sound old, but I want to live as much as I did in my 30's. I want to think of death as something that hits during the 90's.

:)

I was banded 23 jul in Austin. I was 62 and just had my 63th birthday yesterday. My surgeon was not supprise about my age when I asked him if I was too old to have wls. He had done several my age. The surgery was'nt too bad. A little sore, but most of that was gone after 8 days. It is a little tough now, because my band has not been filled yet (healing stage)and so they say, you are in bandster hell. Although many bandster have lost a lot right after surgery, so it all depends. Best thing for us oldies is to start walking as soon as you can after the wls. After 7th Sep (my first fill) I will be going to Curves. They say we oldies will loose a little slower, but we will get there and hopefully no more joint pain, sleep apnea, high blood pressure and swollen ankles etc.etc. We need to do what is best for US and I think you have the right attitude so you go girl!!!

Welcome and good luck. Yvette.

hi, i am 66 and was banded on 6/4. I have lost 30lbs, have had 2 fills but not feeling restriction yet. I am struggling right now to diet until i get another fill