Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELLO, any oldies out there? I'm almost 63 and want to live.

pacupatty..... Wow, 30 pounds gone!! That's great... Hang in there, that has got to be hard when you don't have enough restriction.. When do you go for another fill? Sorry you are struggling, but when the going gets tough the tough get going and remember to keep your eye on the prize..

Lonestar... :happybday: I love your attitude about life.. Sounds like you will be reaching your goal in no time... Good Luck and God Bless..

Showboatgirl... Congratulations on your 2nd Bandiversary.. Wow, 75 lbs gone.. It is so good to hear from folks my age that have done so well.. I can hardly wait to get going...

Hi NM Sunshine...I also love this name better! You happen to be my neighbor. I am in Colorado also and think I ahve a great Band Dr...I actually went with him to Albuquque and had a seminar for the band 2 yrs ago. If you would like more infor on him please let me know. May be closer than Mexico.

deb

I am 59 and had the surgery done last year. I know what you mean about age. I had my surgery in October of 2006 and have lost 98 lbs. I feel great. It does not matter how old we are, we should still want to be healthy and try to look good. Since that time I have had a breast lift, Tummy Tuck, and in October of this year I am having my neck done. Go for it girl, you owe it to yourself. Take care, Eureta

pacupatty, good luck on the diet

everyone thanks for the reassurance. It seems silly that they would have an age limit because it's almost a nessesity because of health reasons. Must be just some USA docs that have that age 65 cutoff.

macacoza, I will be a self pay so the surgeons over 10,000 are out for me. I live in Silver City, a small (14,000) old mining town turned into a art and retirement haven, in southwest NM. It's in the foothills of the Gila national forest and wilderness.

ABQ is about 250 miles from here, but I do drive up a lot to see my children and grandchildren. They are all in ABQ.

I've just begun my Quest into banding. They say the break-off age point is 65. I'm almost 63 and need to move fast. Us 'oldies' want to live and know that the excess fat will shorten our lives. I've been checking all the treads and everyone is below 50. But us 'grannies' have our own unique problems. And we face the potential of death from fat. 63 may sound old, but I want to live as much as I did in my 30's. I want to think of death as something that hits during the 90's.

:mad:

Hello, I'm 56 years old and I too want to live a long life. I had my surgery Feb. 26,2007

I am 59 and loving my band. You go girl we have to do what we have to do to stay young and as long as we feel good why not. Take, Eureta

Hi from former FatAttack, I just got me a new handle. This sounds a little more cheerful.

IndioGirl55, going to that over 50 thread now. Thanks

----sounds like the new name gives you more confidence!!!! I am happy to call you sunshine. Good to hear from you.

Hi I am 58 and was banded on July 20, 2007. I felt I'd better hurry before I'm too old to have this procedure done. I have lost a total of 28 pounds since pre-op diet and after banding. I have had four other surgeries, and this was by far the easiest to recover from. I feel this is the best thing I've ever done for myself. I feel blessed to be given this gift. I plan to follow all the rules to make sure it works for me even though I'm old and have yo-yoed with my weight all my life. I was a bit concerned when I didn't lose a thing the first week after surgery. I started walking and riding my stationary bike every day and the weight started going down. Hooray! I'm getting my first fill on Aug.29th. I can't wait.

had the surgery at 59--now 60 and have a weight loss of over 100 lbs--my whole family was fat--mother @ 310 ...father @ 350. mother died at 39...father at 72- just had my first grandchild...my goal is to be an aggravation to my children and to spoil the grandchild rotten and give him back to his mother to deal with!!!! Whether you do the surgery or not you will get older ( if the fat doesn't kill you!) START NOW...you will not be sorry!!

Sweetviolet , when you hit the 60’s all kinds of ailments seem to set in because of obesity. At least that was my experience.

Happyamper Good luck on surgery

Claramae thanks. Yes you got it, I do feel more confidence.

Eureta , I think obesity and the complications really does age us before our time. But I hear that it’s like quitting smoking once we make it (lose the weight) our bodies age backwards some.

Diannam yes , but I weighed 70 pds less at 56yrs. so I didn’t know what those extra 70 pds would do to me.

Robkc good luck, let me know how it turns out

Rob.... Good Luck to you and let us know how your surgery goes tomorrow.... We will all be thinking of you.... Take Care and God Bless...

hello fatattack my boss who was 64 at the time had gastric by pass and lost 100 + pounds and she looks amazing and she feels like she is 40 again she said she would do it over again and she regreted waiting so long she has her life back and health is wonderful with energy to boot. She is one of the reasons why I decided to go thru with lap band. Just to witness what it has done for her and to see her looking and feeling so good, your health is priceless.

I wish you all the luck!;)