Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Keto Help Needed

Question for those following the Keto Diet. I'm curious as to how much fat you consume.

I'm getting in roughly 600 to 800 calories a day, 19 to 25 carbs, 75+ Protein, and roughly 30 grams of fat.

I've had some say that's too much, and others tell me it's way too low.

Any thoughts/advice?

Please and thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

the one thing i like about Keto is it doesn't have to be precise to work. i was low carb for the first about 5 months. then i started increasing my fat. (at will, no counting) and my weight started coming off again. i have no idea how much of anything i consume and i know that's not the recommended way so don't do what i do but im down 85lbs and the the tweaks have worked for me. low carb, high fat, low sugar :) (p.s. im strict on the sugar i don't even do carrots or corn or beets) good luck!

the one thing i like about Keto is it doesn't have to be precise to work. i was low carb for the first about 5 months. then i started increasing my fat. (at will, no counting) and my weight started coming off again. i have no idea how much of anything i consume and i know that's not the recommended way so don't do what i do but im down 85lbs and the the tweaks have worked for me. low carb, high fat, low sugar :) (p.s. im strict on the sugar i don't even do carrots or corn or beets) good luck!

Great. Thank you so much, and congratulations on your success!!

Some people say as much as 70% fat i put mct oil in my coffee to up my healthy fats

Sent from my GT-I9195 using the BariatricPal App

I'm curious what the ratio should be as well! I also am around 600-800 calories per day, and on MFP's daily nutrition goals I am at 50% Protein 30% fat and 20% carbs, (80g Protein, 30g fat, 50g carbs) but looking at that, I'm not sure it's right :/

Edited by swizzle

@@swizzle

Unfortunately all the macro calculations I have found are based on me eating 1,900 calories a day with no way of setting them to my actual daily consumption.

If I find anything out for sure, I'll let you know.

@@Andrea72 thats something else i forgot to mention- we can't use everyone else's chart but we can try to use the percentages. i literally try to add fat anywhere i can. coffee with heavy whipping cream, bacon and scrambled eggs whipped in cream with cream cheese filling and avocado etc lol. load up on that fat and see how ur body responds and go from there! :)

Thanks @pr_pitbullgrl.

I have been using full fat everything that easily gets me to my 30grams, but now that I've upped my workouts, my once Tasmanian devil energy level quickly diminished to a sloth crawl.

I thought maybe it was my fat, but like I already mentioned... some said I was already consuming too much.

Oy!!

I will up my intake and see what happens.

Thanks again.

@@Andrea72 yes i hear ya. it's all kinda trial and error for us i think we (our bodies) react differently than non sleeved peeps. ive felt much better since upping my fat. much more energy. of course i stopped being a cardio bunny recently and now im gonna start lifting more so stand by on that verdict lol

Edited by pr_pitbullgrl

@@Andrea72 haha i'll hurry ;)

I don't follow a Keto diet but I have a cousin (non-WLS) who is doing so. 30g of fat is definitely not Keto. Her fat intake is the highest (more like 60-70% of her diet I think). Her Protein is "moderate" and her carbs are less than 30g daily. I don't know her total calorie count but it is more than we take in. My point just being that if you are wanting to do keto, your fat is too low.

For what it's worth, at 1 year post-op, I am about 1200 calories with 115g Protein / 45-50g fat / 80-85g carbs. Some here are able to do higher carbs once in maintenance. My NUT says my carbs and protein should be equal (but I have never really followed that).

Thanks for the info @@Daisee68

Two weight loss Drs from the past both had me on it and back then I did have way more fat.

I was trying to go by my old paperwork and those calculations, however I wasn't required to get in as much Protein as I am now.

I think I'm going to do as @@pr_pitbullgrl mentioned and not stress too much over the calculations.

60 to 70 % of my diet takes away all the Protein I'm to be getting in.

I don't think it would be that bad if I could eat more, however I'm killing myself just trying to get in those 600 to 800 calories.

The hospital appointed NUT gets on to me all the time saying I'm not getting enough carbs. On the average of 19 grams. However she was the same one that told me to eat cake and ice cream two weeks out because I wasn't getting enough calories.

I don't put much stock in her advice, training, or knowledge. Lol

Only edited to say what I wrote sounded much better in my head, so I hope it all made sense.

Edited by Andrea72

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 11:16 PM, swizzle said:

I'm curious what the ratio should be as well! I also am around 600-800 calories per day, and on MFP's daily nutrition goals I am at 50% Protein 30% fat and 20% carbs, (80g Protein, 30g fat, 50g carbs) but looking at that, I'm not sure it's right :/

Hi there please can you give me your diet plan for Keto , ie what you eat for meals and Snacks and portion size please. Thanks Sam