Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Aug/Sept Exercise Challenge

WELCOME, PigsRFlying, Brandi, Karri, ilovefood, Jezaamphilyn, arielle, Rosie and Chris! So glad to have you join us! :clap2:

Hey, Karri. I was banded by Dr. Neal too! He and the staff are all so wonderful!!!

OK >

I commit to at least 20 minutes of 'something' every day - from walking the dog, elliptical, golf or curling (yes its almost that season!)

Hey how does one get that sparkly crazy ates thingy into your signature?

Curling? WOW! I've seen it on TV but never tried it. It looks like a good work out!

I think all you have to do, for the sparkling sig, is copy someones else's and paste it into your signature. If I'm wrong, you should start a new post on it. I see lots of people asking.

42 minutes this morning.

15/21 days of mindful exercise

Good job, Becky! I bet you are losing weight and getting tone. You are very inspiring!

... confirmed my suspicion it was a flair up of gout. I have had this problem before, when doing high Protein diets. So I am going to have to start the walkng again in a few days.

Jim, I'm sorry to hear you're hurting. Like you needed that right now. I wish you a speedy recovery! :eek:

I am so excited. I finally convinced my DH to take family walks in the evening. I will be doing my elliptical in the morning and walking with my family at night. I want to get up to an hour of exercise a day.

It's so much easier when you have a buddy to walk with, especially DH. Great goals! That's about what I'm shooting for too.

It is so easy to exercise at a hotel, very convenient.

Good job! It does seem convenient to use the hotel's exercise room, though most of us never get around to actually doing it. lol

* ~ * ~ *

:typing: Wow! I don't log on for a few days and the message boards are just exploding with posts. I'm so glad to see everyone doing well and even getting in on the exercise challenge! I will be posting about the awards later this week, so be sure to check back.

Today's mindful exercise is a walk with the dog, as soon as I'm done with this post. :dog:

:clap2: Everyone is doing so good!!! Way to go Crazy Ates!!! :boxing:

Kathy,

Yes, Dr Neal is fantastic and so is his staff. I live almost 6 hours away from the office so when I called to schedule the consult, Michelle scheduled my surgery for the very next day so that I wouldn't have to travel back up there again. That's right less than 24 hours between consult and surgery, but it was nice cause I didn't have the time to get nervous! Thanks for the challenge it has motivated me! I didn't want to walk tonight, but I felt sheepish:guess not posting after only being here for 2 days.

30 minutes 1.65 miles:clap2:

Crazy Ates Aug/Sept Exercise Challenge

3/21 Days of Mindful Exercise

Kathy,

Yes, Dr Neal is fantastic and so is his staff. I live almost 6 hours away from the office so when I called to schedule the consult, Michelle scheduled my surgery for the very next day so that I wouldn't have to travel back up there again. That's right less than 24 hours between consult and surgery, but it was nice cause I didn't have the time to get nervous! Thanks for the challenge it has motivated me! I didn't want to walk tonight, but I felt sheepish:guess not posting after only being here for 2 days.

30 minutes 1.65 miles:clap2:

Crazy Ates Aug/Sept Exercise Challenge

3/21 Days of Mindful Exercise

Good job! I'm so glad the challenge is helping.

The biggest reason I signed up to be the Exercise Challenge chair is to keep me motivated and ACCOUNTABLE. I, of all people, need to keep plugged into this thread and keep my exercise going! How silly would I look if I didn't participate in my own challenge.:car: It's definitely working for me, even if I'm at a snail pace compared some of our participants B)

I only had 3 hours to Dr Neal and made two trips, but he's TOTALLY WORTH IT! They are so great at working with out-of-towners. Did you have the surgery in Bremerton? Where do you live-- Canada, Oregon, Idaho?

I walked for one full hour today. Yippeee! I can really tell a big difference in the way I feel on the days I walk. It is very energizing, both physically and mentally. Keep up the good work everybody. I think it is going to make a big difference in the speed at which we lose.

17/21 days of mindful exercise

I live in Central Oregon. Since I am a self pay I spent a lot of time doing research and found that even though Dr. Neal was a bit more expensive, the aftercare included in the price and the friendliness of his staff over the phone made the choice a no brainer. I could have been banded less than 20 miles from my home but I just didn't feel comfortable with the staff their. They were kinda grumpy. It should say a lot that I would travel that far when there was someone in my back yard

4/21 Days of Mindful Exercise

I live in Central Oregon. Since I am a self pay I spent a lot of time doing research and found that even though Dr. Neal was a bit more expensive, the aftercare included in the price and the friendliness of his staff over the phone made the choice a no brainer. I could have been banded less than 20 miles from my home but I just didn't feel comfortable with the staff their. They were kinda grumpy. It should say a lot that I would travel that far when there was someone in my back yard

4/21 Days of Mindful Exercise

I was in the same boat. We have a great lap band surgeon close by, but the staff were so cold and the Dr's reputation was that she was the same. When Chris, a local bandster I met on this board, told me about Dr Neal I called the next day and made my appointment. You are absolutely right-- all after care, including any additional surgeries, for one price; plus a great staff! No brainer! Dr Neal even called me at the hotel the night of the surgery and gave me his home number, just in case. WOW! The nurses at his office and surgery center called so much in the first few days to check on me it was almost annoying. LOL Did you have Karen as your pre-op nurse? She and her husband were banded by Dr. Neal too.

Great job on the exercise! Moving will help us heal and lose weight!

A 62 minute walk today. Every minute counts!

18/21 days of mindful exercise

Stellar Becky! You are doing so fabulous! You've just about got this challenge wrapped up! Go, Becky! Go! :cheer2:

O.K. Crazy Ates, we have two weeks and three days left in this challenge. That's plenty of time. I know many of you are doing your mindful daily exercise. Please pop in and keep in touch for your support and others. Keep up the great work everyone! :clap2:

The nurses at his office and surgery center called so much in the first few days to check on me it was almost annoying. LOL Did you have Karen as your pre-op nurse? She and her husband were banded by Dr. Neal too.

Did you have yours done in Olympia or Shelton. Karen wasn't my pre-op nurse. I don't remember the ladies name at the center, but they didn't have much of a sense of humor. My brother and I were cracking jokes and they didn't seem to appreciate it much. The one nurse asked if I was worried at all, like I should have been. I had less than 24 hours between approval and surgery, I didn't have time to be worried!

Didn't post yesterday : 35 minutes 1.75 mi

Today: 20 minutes :cry 1.1 mi

7/21 Days of Mindful Exercise

Band Chick, thanks so much for starting this thread and keeping it going with all of your encouraging comments. It does make a difference.

I got in a 45 minute walk today.

20/21 days of mindful exercise

Did you have yours done in Olympia or Shelton. Karen wasn't my pre-op nurse. I don't remember the ladies name at the center, but they didn't have much of a sense of humor....

That's too bad. I went to Bremerton surgery center. Everyone there was wonderful. It was the farthest distance, but the quickest I could get into. Turned out to be worth it.

Good job on the exercise!

Band Chick, thanks so much for starting this thread and keeping it going with all of your encouraging comments. It does make a difference.

I got in a 45 minute walk today.

20/21 days of mindful exercise

Thank you, Becky! It's so good to know that it helps. :hug:e

As promised, here's a sneak peek of the award for this challenge:

sept%20ex%20award.gif

This will be available as a web image, printout for iron-ons or scrapbooks; as well as coffee cups, mouse pad, t-shirts, tote bag, etc.

Because we're worth it! :first: