Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not trying to sound mean, but that is the point. For any number of different reasons we all decided that we need help to reach our goals and lead a happy healthier life. Speaking for myself I loved to eat way too much in fact. My sleeve has helped me realize I can eat a heck of a lot less than I was, and be satisfied and health.

What you need to ask yourself, What have I ever got the easy way was worth anything?

People may think this surgery is the "easy way" to lose weight. It is anything but. The trick to the whole thing is not just changing what your eating. It`s about changing the way you think about eating. Now you eat to live, you do not live to eat.

You need to get help with emotional eating. Your sleeve will work for you in limiting your intake now but it does nothing to control head hunger and you'll be able to eat more eventually. It's important to change your eating habits before then.

yup - most of the battle is in our minds and emotions.

but for the first time I am not hungry and feeling the need to eat 3 plates of food. I am full after a small amount. so if I want to eat after that I have to ask myself "why"? in looking that monster straight in the eye we can get the answers we need to make long term changes in our eating habits, so that as we are able to eat more we can choose to eat appropriate amounts.

We have surgery on our stomachs, not our brains. Of course you FEEL the same as before. Your feelings are in your head. It will take a long time for your brain to catch up to your new physical reality.

We have surgery on our stomachs, not our brains. Of course you FEEL the same as before. Your feelings are in your head. It will take a long time for your brain to catch up to your new physical reality.

No...i guess i thought i would be different some how, like i wouldn't get hungry or have cravings or hunger pains. But i feel no different, I had no pain.

Sent from my SM-G920P using the BariatricPal App

I am now 5yrs out and still do not feel "hunger". I actually had to set my cell phone alarm to remind myself to eat.

Everyone's journey is different. In some ways, I am lucky because I don't feel hunger, but in another way I don't enjoy the "ceremony of food" any longer. I don't enjoy socializing while eating (I'd rather be somewhere else--doing something). Eating to me is just something I have to do to live.

Soooo, if I see something that I used to crave, I know it will taste yummy if I eat it. That is when I have to stop and think, "why do I want that? Am I hungry? No. Will it taste good. Yes!! Is it time to eat something? No. Then I can rationalize (I'm a very "black or white person") not eating it.

I schedule all of my eating times--Snacks included. If it's not time to eat---I don't.

Kinda sat at times, but it's better than being morbid obese. :)

Prayers going up.

At 21 months post-op, my "hunger" is usually still head hunger too. It's mostly when I'm bored. When I am active and doing things, I really have to remind myself to eat. If I go more than about 4 hours without eating, my only real symptom of "hunger" kicks in. I become "hangry".

I am now 5yrs out and still do not feel "hunger". I actually had to set my cell phone alarm to remind myself to eat.

Everyone's journey is different. In some ways, I am lucky because I don't feel hunger, but in another way I don't enjoy the "ceremony of food" any longer. I don't enjoy socializing while eating (I'd rather be somewhere else--doing something). Eating to me is just something I have to do to live.

Soooo, if I see something that I used to crave, I know it will taste yummy if I eat it. That is when I have to stop and think, "why do I want that? Am I hungry? No. Will it taste good. Yes!! Is it time to eat something? No. Then I can rationalize (I'm a very "black or white person") not eating it.

I schedule all of my eating times--Snacks included. If it's not time to eat---I don't.

Kinda sat at times, but it's better than being morbid obese. :)

Prayers going up.

This is the most helpful thing i have read this far. Thank you. It got me thinking maybe i should do just that. Set an alarm to eat, then i won't need to think about it. If start to feel hungry or crave I can just tell myself "alarm hasn't gone off" and think of something non food related. Thanks again, i was beginning to feel judged not helped.

At 21 months post-op, my "hunger" is usually still head hunger too. It's mostly when I'm bored. When I am active and doing things, I really have to remind myself to eat. If I go more than about 4 hours without eating, my only real symptom of "hunger" kicks in. I become "hangry".

Lol hangry! I used that word a lot during pre-op wt loss. Didn't expect to have so much of it post-op.

@ No one is judging you. I'm working with a therapist on emotional eating - pre-surgery. I have found it very helpful. This is a struggle that most of us go through.