Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone starting weight at 200 lbs? Help :)

No My weight has come off really well... And the insulin resistance is gone because of the surgery it was the best thing I have ever gifted myself

So may I ask what was you total weight loss?

My surgeon had said the surgery will cure the insulin resistance, looks like he is right .

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them"

Einstein

Edited by nyteacher125

@@asolanom, I love the responses you got, and my story is very similar. I'm 5'4", age 56. At the beginning of my bariatric process, I started at 223 lbs with many co-morbidities and conditions: insulin resistance, PCOS, arthritis, GERD, fatty liver, high BP, high cholesterol, pre-diabetes (and meds galore). For insurance purposes, I had to complete 6 consecutive months of weight loss and checking in to report at my surgeon's office & be weighed, showing months of progress. On my own at the beginning of the pre-op process, I adopted a Paleo / Mediterranean way of eating that I love. During my pre-op months, I lost about 26 lbs. During this time I reversed my pre-diabetes and some of the other issues were showing improvement, too. I recently had my sleeve surgery on 5/16/16 weighing 197. I'm 19 days post-op and weigh 187 lbs today. I'm now off the statin drug (yay!).

The most rapid weight loss was during the pre-op and post-op mandatory liquid diet. I don't care about losing weight that fast, I don't think it's the healthiest thing to experience very rapid weight loss and extremely low calories. I'm glad to be cleared for foods and back to eating some of my super-healthy high quality whole foods again. :) Going forward, I'm not worried about losing weight a little bit slower. Having real, nutritious food fuels me to take long walks and move all day. Even after this short time since surgery, I'm feeling like a new woman. My resting heart rate has dropped into a very healthy range already. My BP is very well under control now and I'll be getting off of at least one BP med very soon. The health aspects make me so thrilled, I could cry! I'm just filled with joy. I'm looking forward to the big picture of my life, my whole future, not overly focused on the number on the scale and stressing about it from one day to the next. After all, this was a major surgery and having some swelling for several weeks after is just natural. I've learned to be very forgiving of myself, not compare myself to anyone else, and just embrace my own journey. Best of everything to you. Follow your own path, keep your eye on the prize, and enjoy! No two of any of us are the same. Vive la difference!

So may I ask what was you total weight loss?

My surgeon had said the surgery will cure the insulin resistance, looks like he is right .

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them"

Einstein

I have lost 147 pounds so far and it is still coming off... about a half a pound to a pound a day give or take. I have had a few stalls.. Which freaked me out a little. But it has been worth it. was a little rough in the beginning. and a little scary. But the results have been nothing short of amazing to me.

@caridickerson... Fabulous work... Looks like you kicked insulin resistance in the booty... Go girl

Einstein

What's the rush? This is a life long journey - losing is the first step... maintenance lasts forever. Weight loss surgery is just a tool it's not an easy fix.

the rush for me is that I'm a out of control diabetic age of 60. I don't want to rush senselessly but for me, time is everything

Im starting at 222. Have my last dietician appointment on 6/13. Been a long journey. 7 months with the dietician. Hoping to have surgey in July. Would love to go sooner but nearly impossible with vacay schedules this time of year at work. Good luck and be patient its a long process.

Sent from my SM-G920P using the BariatricPal App

With weight loss surgery, you have to view weight loss as a percentage, not a number. You will not lose a set number of pounds, but you will lose a % of your excess weight. Most people lost about 65% of their excess weight. If the ideal weight for your height is 126lbs, and you weigh 200lbs, your excess weight is 73lbs. You can except to lose about 65% of that (more if you strictly follow your plan).

Most people lose 5% of their overall body weight in the first month. For you, that would be around 10lbs. For someone weighing 300lbs, that would be 15lbs. Then following that, you can expect a loss of probably 1-2lbs a week.

I'm only 17 days out. I started out around 200, and weighed 195 on the day of surgery. I weigh 177 today. I'm so grateful to have had this surgery and I haven't had one second of regret.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Do you mind me asking your height? I am at your starting weight and having sleeve surgery on August 1. You are doing awesome!!!

I weighed 201 at my initial 4 hour meeting- I am

Self pay and don't have to go to Mexico ( someone above said that I

Think) anyway- I have had the same concerns as you, but my doctor thought it was the best idea. It's painful when people

Tell you that you aren't big enough to do this surgery. My doctor certainly thought so. Good luck. My surgery is august 15

I weighed 201 at my initial 4 hour meeting- I am

Self pay and don't have to go to Mexico ( someone above said that I

Think) anyway- I have had the same concerns as you, but my doctor thought it was the best idea. It's painful when people

Tell you that you aren't big enough to do this surgery. My doctor certainly thought so. Good luck. My surgery is august 15