Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Week 1 post op but can stomach solids...

Gasp. My heart. It is now broken.

:o :o :o :o

broken_heart_2.png

i, @ProudGrammy said in post #30

"as far as @@LipstickLady - she's a successful VET with 3 years experience

when she talks, everyone listens !!! LOL

if "someone" refers to her as a bitchhh

her response was worded nicely

oh well

enough about her

i never really liked her :lol:"

meant as a joke^^^^^^

kathy

@@LipstickLady

oh no oh no

say it isn't so

what did i do, what did i do

i was joking when i said i never liked you

eggggads i couldn't say anything mean to you (or anyone)

i always have too much SUGAR on my posts!!!

i can't say shitt if i had my mouth full

i probably misunderstood

easy to happy behind a computer monitor

this is actually coincidental to what @@Aimee-Belle said in her earlier post

grabbing my kleenex

with love to @@LipstickLady

kathy

My post-op diet was liquid first week / purée for the second. Follow your gut if you are ready follow the next step of your diet. Just be careful - I'm allowed cheese and I ate it fast - and the pain was unbearable! Best of luck!

I think what you meant was follow Dr's orders

Sent from my SM-G935T using the BariatricPal App

Gasp. My heart. It is now broken.

:o :o :o :o

broken_heart_2.pngi, @@proudgrammy said in post #30 "as far as @@LipstickLady - she's a successful VET with 3 years experiencewhen she talks, everyone listens !!! LOL if "someone" refers to her as a bitchhh her response was worded nicely oh wellenough about heri never really liked her :lol:" meant as a joke^^^^^^kathy

@@LipstickLady oh no oh nosay it isn't so what did i do, what did i doi was joking when i said i never liked you eggggads i couldn't say anything mean to you (or anyone)i always have too much SUGAR on my posts!!!i can't say shitt if i had my mouth full i probably misunderstoodeasy to happy behind a computer monitorthis is actually coincidental to what @@Aimee-Belle said in her earlier post grabbing my kleenex with love to @@LipstickLadykathy

I know, you silly goose. You adore me and I adore you back.

you're here every day all day doesn't make you 'fit for the job'

@@Aimee-Belle

what job?? what job? LOL LOL

You said I am "here every day all day"

yeah???

i am on disability retirement

coming here helps me keep busy, off the streets and out of trouble!! :rolleyes:

(but i really do have another life, i think!!)

i don't think i said anything in a nasty way in my earlier post

like i said earier, i couldn't say shittt if i had my mouth full - yeachh

most of "us" never claimed to have medical knowledge

some people put a "disclosure" before there post

most people here have no formal medical training

they never said other wise

there are many nurses here

they know medical stuff - but many/most times not applicable to WLS

you were given lots of good information

repeated, said a lot

but when the words are good - run with them

lets all "kiss and make up"

like the sleeve.............

you be nice to it, and it will be nice to you :rolleyes:

kathy

I know, you silly goose. You adore me and I adore you back

phew!!!!

now i can breathe again

living my healthy, happy life in Sleeveland USA

kathy

you're here every day all day doesn't make you 'fit for the job'

@@Aimee-Belle

what job?? what job? LOL LOL

You said I am "here every day all day"

yeah???

i am on disability retirement

coming here helps me keep busy, off the streets and out of trouble!! :rolleyes:

(but i really do have another life, i think!!)

i don't think i said anything in a nasty way in my earlier post

like i said earier, i couldn't say shittt if i had my mouth full - yeachh

most of "us" never claimed to have medical knowledge

some people put a "disclosure" before there post

most people here have no formal medical training

they never said other wise

there are many nurses here

they know medical stuff - but many/most times not applicable to WLS

you were given lots of good information

repeated, said a lot

but when the words are good - run with them

lets all "kiss and make up"

like the sleeve.............

you be nice to it, and it will be nice to you :rolleyes:

kathy

I wasn't referring to you regarding that but glad you find something to keep you occupied and off those streets bet you're a right trouble maker otherwise! ;)

I've tried several times to move on and back to topic, I've had some snippets of helpful advice and got my point across so all in all not bad :)

I've noticed that on weight loss surgery internet forums, whenever a question about "breaking the rules" is asked, the common response is not to do it. I highly doubt that anyone would encourage someone to have a few nibbles of solid foods if their surgeon still has them on liquids. No one here can tell you if your body is healed enough for solids, only your surgeon can. If you truly think you are ready, call and ask his opinion (but I think he might be a little more rude than the people on here were about you eating solids against his medical advice).

As far as "looking for support" goes, I am not positive what type of support you are looking for. No one should support you in breaking the rules and possibly hurting yourself in the process, because that would be encouraging something that could harm you, which no one should do. However, we all do understand how hard your journey is. When I was on full liquids, my family had a huge party with tons of delicious foods that I loved. I sat in my bedroom and cried because I could literally smell the pizza and Cookies. I sipped my broth because I had to. Could I have had some sliced cheese? Yes, probably. But I didn't because I did not want to start my pre op life by giving into temptation like I did my entire life. Once you start on solids, you will still crave things. It is possible to not lose weight after if you constantly give into your cravings and temptations. If you're snacking between meals excessively, you will not lose. I think the best form of support I can give you is to follow the plan given to you to the best of your ability. If you start giving into your cravings now, it will only get harder as time progresses. Use the liquids only as a chance to get your body used to not having Snacks and nibbles, when you really don't have a choice. It will make it easier when you're on solids.

"Have patience young grasshopper."

You need to follow your post op plan. It won'f be that long until you are eating soft Proteins and then onto solids.

@@provenzee

As mentioned before on this thread I feel everyone's comments regarding sticking to plan and the reasons for it are totally reasonable. Regarding the support I would personally think appropriate on here is a non judgmental ear. I would never expect anyone to support something that goes off of course/plan but that doesn't mean you can't be supportive of how someone is feeling.

Sorry to hear you had a not fun experience regarding the family party. Thankfully all the foods I am craving are perfectly healthy...I can't wait to be able to eat salad and vegetables in their normal form. It's not so much craving bad food that I was having a problem with more wanting to progress too quickly however this post is now so old it's not relevant to me as I'm on different stages but i'm sure your little insight may be helpful to someone else down the road.

I'm noticing a common thread here which is fine, however it would be nice if people gave advice in a more sensitive and empathetic way. This surgery follows 29 years of eating how I liked, I consider myself to be an educated person but let's not all try and pretend like we're all saints here. I do my best 98% of the time but there are times I struggle and it would be nice to come here and feel supported not talked to like i'm 'insane' because I ate a bit of cheese. You can give advice and educate someone without sounding like you're talking to an idiot. Because I'm not, i'm trying to cope with a very big change just like everyone else here.

Exactly!!! Couldn't be said better. 1000 thumbs up

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using the BariatricPal App

I was eating yogurt and cottage cheese the day I was discharged and eggs by day 4.... BUT... This was allowed in my surgeons plan. It is very progressive, and to be honest, I'm so grateful for that with each post I read about someone one liquids or purees that is miserable. I had no pain or complications, and most of his patients don't on this plan.

Of course though, despite my progressive plan, I always encourage others to follow their surgeons plan.

@aussiedgirl81 thanks for sharing that... I cringe every time I think of the actually surgery with them cutting, stapling and remove the stomach... He did mention the removed stomach would be sent to pathology, curious what kind of information they find out from that... How's your journey going?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Irritations, tumors, h pylori, any anatomical irregularities and even ulcers. They may do histology.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

What a powerful post. Thanks to everyone for sharing.

Sent from cyberdiva's iPhone using the BariatricPal App