Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Emotional purging before surgery...

Not sure that's what it's called but omg! I have cried n cried today about stuff that happened yrs ago. Told my husband I can't believe I let all the stuff happen that did, that he made me feel worthless and I let him do it.

That I still to this day don't feel I am good enough and that I am trying to make sure to do everything right so he won't leave. That I allowed myself to become this way so big and just feel like a whale.

I think I have lost it today, what's going on? I usually hold all that in, the way I was raised I guess always to be strong.

By the way, we have been getting along great, no problems and it was cheating on both our parts. Just don't know what happened today to bring all of this up. Maybe it's because my last app is next Wednesday and it's nerves kicking in.

Just wondering if it's happened to anyone else before surgery?

Edited by betterme38

Are you on a pre-op diet?

I know when I first get "clean" from sugar, etc., my emotions are very raw. Also, as we rapidly lose weight, our hormones get wacky and we can experience a lot of emotional ups and downs (we store a lot of hormones in our fat).

Be gentle with yourself and realize that it will pass and things will get better. Crying is ok. Journaling is a great way to "dump" all of your uncomfortable feelings and emotions. Take a walk. Take a bath.

Just try really hard not to take it out on your loved ones.

When we remove our usual coping mechanism (food), we need to learn healthier ways to cope with stress, and uncomfortable feelings and emotions. This is where a good therapist, support group, and even a 12-step recovery group like OA (OA.org), can be invaluable.

@Inner Surf Girl, no haven't done that yet but have started eating cleaner less chocolate sweets n bread trying to get ready for the pre-op. Lord help me I will have everyone I love ran off lol (so not funny though) ????

Yes..this should be fun lol (not really) lol Thank you, I appreciate that and I'm gonna join that group ASAP lol ????????

@@KristenLe, yeah and with the husband as he did n I knew he would he said things too so maybe it will be better to just rip the stiches n let it out.

Hell what we've been through it can only make things even more better.

Thank you

So I went home and apologized perfusly to the husband and he hugged me n said there was nothing to be sorry for. He wasn't mad and he knows I'm gonna be emotional, he is such an amazing man I am really blessed to have him. Couldn't stop apologizing though lol I felt so bad. Feeling so much better now though ???? a good cry n release does wonders ????

☆Jeni☆

I know what you mean about emotions. I had a hysterectomy 7 years ago and this week I felt like it was pms all over again. I cried in boxing Class I was so emotional. Just 3 weeks to go and eating just Protein and veges already has caught up. At least there's no surprises post surgery huh? ????

@@mrsg-boat, I had a hysterectomy in 07! Yes the emotions are crazy off the charts ups n downs lol. Poor hubby n kids :-( it will get better though, lord it has too.

You only have 3 weeks left? So exciting!! I have my last visit next Wed I can only imagine your excitement!

Yes it is all consuming for me at the moment. I'm in New Zealand and it's a very different process here. I've had all my assessments done last month over 2 days and my date was booked. I've only been asked to lose 4kg 2 wks pre op but already lost 18kg. Very excited!