Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Called the hospital today and they said to up the PPI to 80 mg per day and wait 3-4 days. I'm kind of relieved they didn't tell me "come in immediately".

In addition one of our surgeons palpated my stomach and did an ultrasound so we could rule out any really scary stuff for now.

Are you a nurse by any chance?

Your medical vocabulary is way about me lol

I'm glad you didn't have to be admitted either hopefully what he suggested will fix your issues

Sent from my SM-G920T using the BariatricPal App

I'm doing great. My head cravings have started, but I'm doing good nonetheless. I am having a little trouble drinking my Protein now, though. I've tried a few different brands and flavors. They all make me so nauseous. Not nauseous like, ohhh I'm tired of Protein. I mean nauseous like I'm trying not to throw up because my stomach hurts. Is anyone else having this problem with protein?

I've been dealing with some head Hunger also.

Are you on pureed are soft foods now?

I'm on pureed but I'm not going to lie today I ate a fried egg with some grits not exactly on my pureed diet....but I felt like I was eating normal again...it felt good.

Yes, @@Pup, I will be on pureed until July 7. That's when my next post-op appointment.

Fried egg? You didn't get sick? I think it's the oil they don't want us eating. I have a non stick pan that I can easily fry an egg on. So I don't think it will matter. Thanks for the idea by the way, I hate scrambled eggs.

I've been eating my refried Beans with cream cheese. Cottage cheese goes down very well. I also boil a small potato and have it with a tiny bit of i can't believe it's not butter. I mash it with my fork, of course.

What else are you eating?

I am on a soft food diet and it is so much better! I had smoked salmon last night and it was so good! It feels good to chew food. I finally made it to work for a full day today! It is nice to get back to normal even though everyone is commenting on how much I am not eating. I am looking forward to the point I get more energy. Although I think these blood clots might keep me down a bit longer.

Yes, @@Pup, I will be on pureed until July 7. That's when my next post-op appointment.

Fried egg? You didn't get sick? I think it's the oil they don't want us eating. I have a non stick pan that I can easily fry an egg on. So I don't think it will matter. Thanks for the idea by the way, I hate scrambled eggs.

I've been eating my refried Beans with cream cheese. Cottage cheese goes down very well. I also boil a small potato and have it with a tiny bit of i can't believe it's not butter. I mash it with my fork, of course.

What else are you eating?

I didn't use any butter oil to fry my egg..... just the slightest bit of spray.

pureed some salmon and pureed chicken, ham, scrambled eggs, I even have to puree my cottage cheese, refried Beans, split pea Soup, broccoli... and I've had some cream of wheat. Not much else..... I have some cravings and I have some a head Hunger but I haven't really eaten much other than that.

July 7th is a significant amount of time to stay on pureed...every doc is different.

It's funny, if I'm out and about shopping, running around during the day I don't think I'd ever need to eat, it's pretty much when I'm home I feel the need to eat.

Have you tried egg salad or chicken salad? I am going to make that. I also saw a recipe for ricotta bake that looked good.

I have the ricotta bake in my oven right now lol. I can't freaking wait for it to get done.

Have you tried egg salad or chicken salad? I am going to make that. I also saw a recipe for ricotta bake that looked good.

I have the ricotta bake in my oven right now lol. I can't freaking wait for it to get done.

@@Pup how was it? I've been hearing good things about that

Sent from my iPhone using BariatricPal

Hey ladies I've been MIA btwn these blood clots...shortness of breath...and just this grey cloud over I didn't want to push my negativity on you all...I, like some of you ladies just don't feel like myself anymore...idk if it has to do with the eating or the illnesses but I'm just so tired all of the time so I'm actually restarting my anti depressants to see if it'll give me a boost...I hope you all are doing well... I'm down 23 pounds so that was definitely some encouragement

Edited by yescres07

Hey ladies I've been MIA btwn these blood clots...shortness of breath...and just this grey cloud over I didn't want to push my negativity on you all...I like some of you ladies just don't feel like myself anymore...idk if it has to do with the eating or the illnesses but I'm just so tried all of the time so I'm actually restarting my anti depressants to see if it'll give me a boost...I hope you all are doing well... I'm down 23 pounds so that was definitely some encouragement

Hang in there. You'll get past it eventually. I am having a very "blue" day today, so I understand. This too shall pass!

Hey ladies I've been MIA btwn these blood clots...shortness of breath...and just this grey cloud over I didn't want to push my negativity on you all...I, like some of you ladies just don't feel like myself anymore...idk if it has to do with the eating or the illnesses but I'm just so tired all of the time so I'm actually restarting my anti depressants to see if it'll give me a boost...I hope you all are doing well... I'm down 23 pounds so that was definitely some encouragement

It's very common to feel this way post-op. Your hormones are all out of whack. You may also want to check your Vitamin levels to be sure you aren't deficient as that can affect your mood as well. Hoping you are doing better soon!

Oh and make sure your BP is not too low.

Edited by KristenLe

I think I have reached the 3 week stall. I have been the same weight for about 4 days. Has anyone else had a forever long period? I have a IUD and haven't had a period in two years. All of a sudden bam here it is for the past few weeks. Plus the blood thinners I am on make it worse...like clots....sorry if this is TMI.

@@yescres07 did you have clots in your lungs? I had two in my lungs but is was the one in my portal vain that sent me to the hospital. I didn't have pain meds at home so I think that is what sent me to the ER faster or who knows what would have happened. I can still feel tightness in my chest sometimes but I get around a lot better. Before I knew about my clots just walking up stairs made me sweat. I thought I was just weak from not eating.

I think I have reached the 3 week stall. I have been the same weight for about 4 days.

Aw, don't call that a stall!

Don't get on the scales every day. That's a surefire way of driving yourself crazy. I won't weigh myself more often than every two weeks or so (so she says and looks at the scales :lol:).