Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This can not be correct! (Bra talk)

Lol, I am so not good with bra calculations. I eventually got fitted in Dillards one day because nothing in VS fit me correctly. Technically my band size is a 32, but then I end up with like a G cup, however if I go up to a 34, I can fit in a DDD and if I got up to a 36, I can fit in DD. Interestingly despite the 32 being the right band size, I am way more comfortable in a slightly looser, bigger cup, 36 than I was in the 32's. I feel like finding the right bra is this huge process of trial and error.

If you're looking though, Wacoal, which is a brand I had never heard of until recently has AWESOME bras. They are so comfy. Amazon has them way cheaper than department stores, but you can always try them on in the store, figure out your size, and then order online.

What you can wear varies so much on the construction of the bra. Most of my frustration this year has been bra based. It is hell

Forget it ... the girls are a lost cause here!! I once had beautiful, full, 44DDD ta-tas that I was quite proud of. Now I have nothing but smooshed, flat, pancakes that hang like sad puppies. In a 38DD now, and literally have to pick them puppies up and tuck them into the cups. A friend wanted me to be fitted professionally, but I just laughed and asked her how I was gonna hold them up to be measured properly otherwise they would be measuring my bellybutton and not my chest! :P

The hubby tells me if I don't like it I can have them fixed. Honestly, I could care less ... they may have been pretty once, but my boobs don't define me. I'm more stuck on losing this last 23lbs that doesn't seem to want to budge!

I'm SO scared of losing my boobs, and my butt. I feel like those are the sexiest things about me - albeit, the butt could stand to be about 20" smaller, according to the measuring tape!

I was always the girl with the great rack, so I put a lot of "feeling attractive" into that. It makes me quite nervous, even though the rest of me will look way better.

Yes on the wacoal bras!!!! I'm now a 32DDD and love my wacoal bras!

Lost them all and has to get them put back where they belong and get implants... Which I never would have imagined back when I was a 42G!

For sports bras I agree get the ones that are band and cup size and come up higher. I run in my moving comfort Juno and rebound racer ones right now, but I also like panache and the ultimate run bra.

Kindafamiliar.... here is a list to broaden your boob vocabulary. .. lol

1) Breast

2) Teat

3) Tit

4) Mammary

5) Boob

6) Hooters

7) Yabbos

8) Golden Bozos

9) Milksacks

10) Titties

11) Yumyum Bags

12) Grab Bags

13) Fun Mountain

14) Winnebagos

15) Airbags

16) Norks

17) Lady Pillows

18) Bristols

19) Jubblies

20) Ta-tas

21) Knockers

22) Puppies

23) Dugs

24) Möpse (pl. of "Mops", German for "pug dog")

25) Balcony

26) Chest

27) Bust

28) Bumpers

29) busters

30) sweater puppies

31) the twins

32) rack

33) sweater kittens

34) sweater meat

35) weasels fighting in a gunny sack (refers to sweater clad woman jogging)

36) Bewbd

37) Jugs

38) Knobs

39) Melons

and mine have been called basketballs - but only by my semi - jealous sister :P who said she liked her softballs lol

This calculator doesn't seem right. I've been wearing a C cup for many years and it says I should be a DD/E. I'm sorry, but there's no way my boobs can fill that. I simply do not have the boobage.

Edited by perforce

Barely 4 weeks post-op here, I know someday I'll revert back to a B cup and it won't be perky as it was 10+ years ago. [emoji20] I self payed for my WLS, now I'm saving up again for implants in 2 years. The advantage would be that I won't need painful tissue expansion. bmi.png

I finally bought new bras and a sports bra this weekend and I feel so much better!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches