Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Killian's Gastric Sleeve Journey



Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, breprih said:

Killian how are you?

I am doing fine! So nice to be thought of!! I was supposed to have surgery October 10th, but hit an Insurance snag. Problem was, I retired from my job and had to "change over" to the Retired side of the house and it is a normal computer processing to cancel the insurance before the Retiree insurance kicks in - usually takes 2 weeks. Of course, luck of the Irish, my surgery was scheduled during that two week transition period. Ugh. Only me.

But as of today, Oct 12, my new insurance kicked in and back dated to Oct 1. So I called my Surgeon's office and they said to send over the new insurance cards and the surgery will be re scheduled....so just a minor delay. The nice insurance lady at the Surgeon's office was confident that they could re schedule a new date by the end of the month. I should hear from them tomorrow!

Thanks for thinking of me!!:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Killian said:

I am doing fine! So nice to be thought of!! I was supposed to have surgery October 10th, but hit an Insurance snag. Problem was, I retired from my job and had to "change over" to the Retired side of the house and it is a normal computer processing to cancel the insurance before the Retiree insurance kicks in - usually takes 2 weeks. Of course, luck of the Irish, my surgery was scheduled during that two week transition period. Ugh. Only me.

But as of today, Oct 12, my new insurance kicked in and back dated to Oct 1. So I called my Surgeon's office and they said to send over the new insurance cards and the surgery will be re scheduled....so just a minor delay. The nice insurance lady at the Surgeon's office was confident that they could re schedule a new date by the end of the month. I should hear from them tomorrow!

Thanks for thinking of me!!:D

Oh that is great news! Fx for an Oct. date! I'll be checking for updates!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, breprih said:

Oh that is great news! Fx for an Oct. date! I'll be checking for updates!

Have not heard from them yet. But then again it is 9:30am and they open at 9am. Lol..can ya tell I am a bit anxious?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Have not heard from them yet. But then again it is 9:30am and they open at 9am. Lol..can ya tell I am a bit anxious?

Call them :))


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, njgal said:


Call them :))

Didn't have to call them, they called me! And my new surgery date is:

10/24!

Whoo hoo!!

Back on schedule!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations! Still an October sleever then.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup! Still an October Sleever! Only delayed 14 days, no complaints here. I know it could have been ALOT worse, I have read some of the nightmares with insurance some forum members have gone through and are going through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was going to check in and see how surgery went but I see it was pushed out a couple weeks due to the insurance snag. Good luckily. It's not that far off! I hope everything goes smoothly from here on.

Mine will be done on Nov. 1.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay happy to hear about the new surgery date!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh and thank you for your Service! [emoji5]️

My son is active duty Navy going on 10 years now.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheNewMrsR said:

I was going to check in and see how surgery went but I see it was pushed out a couple weeks due to the insurance snag. Good luckily. It's not that far off! I hope everything goes smoothly from here on.

Mine will be done on Nov. 1.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using BariatricPal mobile app

Thanks for checking in on me! Much appreciated. And yes, I am lucky that I was only delayed by 14 days. I know it could have been alot worse.

And conrats to you on your surgery date! Hope all goes well!! Please post when you get out of surgery!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, breprih said:

Yay happy to hear about the new surgery date!

Me too! Just happy it wasnt too much of a delay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheNewMrsR said:

Oh and thank you for your Service!

My son is active duty Navy going on 10 years now.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using BariatricPal mobile app

Well thank you! And your son only has 10 more to go! I served in the Navy on the USS Bataan 1996-2000. The NYPD called as my service was ending so I swicthed over. Same 20 year retirement deal.

Hope your son stays safe!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I type this, I am at my PRE OP appointment!
So..stats:

SW: 260
BMI: 38%

Getting blood work done and reviewing my meds.

My surgery is Tues. Oct 24 2017

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy $h!t! my surgery is tomorrow!!

Am I really going to take 2/3 of my stomach out?

Yup.

Except, I am not looking at it as having something removed, instead I view it as having a tool installed to help me fight constant cravings.

SW: 260

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×