Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I never really connected the red head part but yes, I love all the NCIS and Gibbs just makes me weak in the knees. lol

It's ok to be scared. We all had this moment and had to weigh the consequences against the benefits. If you haven't written down your top ten reasons for doing this, please do. It helps to center yourself, this is a life long commitment, but also is a life long benefit.

In my case, my number one reason was to see all my son's senior moments. Even if it was hot, extreme temps play a number on my heart. I had excess sweating to the point it would make me sick. I'm proud to be counted amount the cold blooded now and I don't fear any football game, or outdoor event.

I am thankful my sleeve reminds me not to sacrifice my health for one more bite or a piece of cake. It was the right decision for me.

After all your hard work, you have earned the right to do this for yourself.

I just have to ask, is your nickname because you're a redhead who watches NCIS?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

It's ok to be scared. We all had this moment and had to weigh the consequences against the benefits. If you haven't written down your top ten reasons for doing this, please do. It helps to center yourself, this is a life long commitment, but also is a life long benefit.

In my case, my number one reason was to see all my son's senior moments. Even if it was hot, extreme temps play a number on my heart. I had excess sweating to the point it would make me sick. I'm proud to be counted amount the cold blooded now and I don't fear any football game, or outdoor event.

I am thankful my sleeve reminds me not to sacrifice my health for one more bite or a piece of cake. It was the right decision for me.

After all your hard work, you have earned the right to do this for yourself.

I just have to ask, is your nickname because you're a redhead who watches NCIS?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

My surgery date is March 29. I'm also terrified. But comparing where I am in life right now with where I know this surgery will bring me, I know I am making the right choice. My neuro-surgeon was the doctor who finally suggested it .After multiple spine surgeries , his diagnosis was my back is "wrecked " and more surgery is not warranted. I also have numerous other health issues and am missing out on a lot of life. I prayed I'd never have to have another surgery, but I know this is going to be life changing in a positive way. I asked myself if I could/wanted to live basically house bound for the next 20 years. Ask yourself if the life you are living will be ok for 10, 20, 30 years . If the answer is no, then you will have your decision. If you are ok to go on with the same lifestyle, then you are not ready.

Best of luck regardless of your decision.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

This is a major surgery, so yes, there is a chance that you will die, for example from anesthesia or a pathological infection. However, those risks are relatively low to begin with, and get a lot lower if you have a strong surgical team. And as someone else pointed out, you can also die from a heart attack, stroke, kidney failure, liver failure or cancer - and those risks are strongly elevated for the obese. So long as you have a good surgical team, I think you should try to think positively and stay the course.

*Hugs* I know this feel. Mine is coming up in May, but I know the anxiety. It WILL be okay.

Reschedule it if your not sure.

Pray.

Think about why you began the journey in the first place.

I was in a fitting room yesterday and left crying because an Xtra large maxi dress didn't fit.

I'm so done with that kind of humiliation.

I'm tired of not wanting to take pictures with my children because I hate how fat and disgusting I look. I'd rather die and fit in a regular sized casket then to place the burden on my family to have to pay for a larger casket.

My date is 24 March. I am not scared yet. I figure que sera sera !

What will be will be. !

I can assure you the surgery is a breeze. It's no big deal. Now, the plastics is what scares me. Plastics can set you back months. The sleeve is just a couple of days of not being able to do much. The only pain I felt was similar to being punched in the stomach, meaning very tolerable. Pulling out the drain was the most painful part of my experience.

And for those scared about anesthesia, I had no idea they even started it. I remember lying on the table and then then next memory was waking up in a dark room. I still thought I had yet to have my surgery. So it really is no big deal.

I was a nervous wreck before surgery too. Take a deep breath and hope for the best. For me... I was like do I really need to do this..... is it worth risking my life???

What kept me going was my family. I thought about my kids. I want to see them grown up and having their kids. I do not want to give up on myself and I knew that I have better chances of living old to see them grown if I took a chance on this surgery, than if I didn't. It's worth it. You can do it!

I know everyone's outcomes are different but I didn't have any complication. I was off pain meds after day 3 and have been progressing with the diet they gave me ever since. I am not hungry all the time even though I'm on a liquid diet. I never even threw up. I was able to drink surprising amounts of fluids the day after surgery. I even thought... is this right??? Good luck tomorrow and I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Feeling better? Best wishes. See you on the other side of surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck man. You can do it. See you in the other side. You can tell me the same thing next week.

I got sleeved three weeks ago. The surgery took 20min. under full anesthesia. You will have some pain for the next 2-3 days which is normal and you have to take some pain killer.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Fears are normal... very normal.

In hindsight, i would say most of us worry about the wrong things though. :)

Hang in there, I found looking at success stories and before and after photos very helpful during those nervous times. Speedy recovery!!!

Welp you left us with a big cliff hanger here Fireman and I'm on the edge of my seat in suspense, did you go through with it? If so I hope you pulled through and everything went okay.