Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else set for 4/20 or there abouts?

I was sleeved on 4/22. Things have gone pretty well. I've been back to work for a week now and my pain is pretty much gone. I was on Clear Liquids the first week, then full liquids for two weeks...only 1 more week and then I get pureed!! I'm doing well getting my Water in, but getting my Protein in is a struggle. Hopefully that will get better when I move to the next stage.

Omg!! Best news ever....

I just had my 2 week follow up appointment and ive been cleared for soft foods!!!!

Hallelujah!!!!!!!! I was so sick of eating things that resembles cat food!!

I'm doing MUCH better. Still struggling with some foods. My doc wants me to move on to soft but I can't keep them down if it isn't super saucy or in a Soup. I'm having a hard time with meds: theoretically, I don't have to crush them but I have to or they make me retch, like bad bad retch. Yuck.

Weight is fallling off like Water. It's very surreal. I'm used to weight loss being a misery I have to fight ever oz to get. It kinda doesn't feel very real.

Omg!! Best news ever....

I just had my 2 week follow up appointment and ive been cleared for soft foods!!!!

Lucky you!! How much weight have you lost, if you don't mind me asking? I know we aren't suppose to focus on the scale number but I'm averaging about a pound a day. I feel it's all in my face and not my body lol. I guess I need to just be patient it'll be easier when I notice differences in my size clothing though.

I forgot to weigh myself the day of my surgery so the closet starting weight I have is that week before I was 221. Now I'm down to 207. When I first started the program 4 months ago I was at 237 but lost the first 16lbs on my own just by limiting my carbs and sugar.

Sent from my SM-N920T using the BariatricPal App

Omg!! Best news ever....

Lucky you!! How much weight have you lost, if you don't mind me asking? I know we aren't suppose to focus on the scale number but I'm averaging about a pound a day. I feel it's all in my face and not my body lol. I guess I need to just be patient it'll be easier when I notice differences in my size clothing though.

I forgot to weigh myself the day of my surgery so the closet starting weight I have is that week before I was 221. Now I'm down to 207. When I first started the program 4 months ago I was at 237 but lost the first 16lbs on my own just by limiting my carbs and sugar.

Sent from my SM-N920T using the BariatricPal App

I've lost 17 pounds.... i thought it would be much more than that.... but i remind myself that i tried losing that by diet and exercise and lost barely anything.

I know from when i had the band, i didn't lose much the first month, most of my weight loss occured month 3... so i have to be patient

Thats amazing rate of weight loss....

Whats your secret?

I wish i could lose that fast... but i know that ill be a slow loser.... 1. I had the band and 2. I had a really clean diet prior to wls.. so i know this slows it down

I was sleeved on the 20th. I've had very little pain, no nausea, I've been going to the bathroom ok, and I'm on to the baby food consistency this week. I've admittedly been cheating a bit and just chewing thoroughly before swallowing. I'm having a little trouble getting in all my Protein and Water but I feel good so I'm not stressing it too much at this point in the game. I lost 23 lbs on my 2 week pre opp diet, gained 6 in the hospital due to fluids. Now I'm down 32 lbs total. I'm in sales so I opted to take more time off work so I've been home and will take the rest of May off. I literally cannot WAIT to start actually seeing the weight loss! I'm so impatient!

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App

Hello group. I was sleeved 4/20. I'm 38 yrs old. I've stalled. My face broke out and I haven't gotten my period this month. My hormones are out of whack and the headaches have started. I can eat anything without problem though. Cheated a little. Not much. Trying not to worry and stay positive and focus on Protein and Water. Where did my butt go? I want my booty back!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hello group. I was sleeved 4/20. I'm 38 yrs old. I've stalled. My face broke out and I haven't gotten my period this month. My hormones are out of whack and the headaches have started. I can eat anything without problem though. Cheated a little. Not much. Trying not to worry and stay positive and focus on Protein and Water. Where did my butt go? I want my booty back!!

I hit a stall all last week too. Finally emerged from it today. I think my stall is mainly because I'm just sitting at home recovering. I took May off to recover. I think once I'm more active it will get better. Same problem with breaking out and also didn't get my period this month (though it's been a bit weird last several months due to weight fluxuation). I can also eat anything and have cheated a little but not much. I'm finding I'm hungry and trying to satiate my hunger w Premier Protein shakes when I can. I made a trip to trader Joe's today and picked up some noms. I'm down 38lbs total so far (27 of that from pre opp diet). I can't wait to REALLY start losing!!

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App

I am so happy to see that I am not alone! I have been stalled all week and getting discouraged. My head hurts constantly, I feel puffy, & I have not been able to lose in days. Looks like that is somewhat normal maybe? Let's not get discouraged, we can do this!

Yesterday was the first day for DAYS that the scale moved. The veterans all say to stay off the scale.. but seriously.. I cant. I want know all this pain, emotional Roller coaster, and expense is worth something.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

Same here! At first the scale was so rewarding because I was seeing it move every day! And then this week happened....

I was sleeved 4/22. I'm down 30 lbs (lost 10 pre-op). I was on liquids the first 3 weeks, started pureed foods last Friday and at my 1 month check up tomorrow I should go to soft foods.

It's been an interesting ride so far. The weight fell off the first couple weeks and has been slow this last week or so. However, I'm in clothes I have not worn in 2+ years, so that's making me happy :-). Also, since going to pureed my energy is way up. I'll be starting back at my gym on Monday and was wondering if I'd make it through the hour workout, now that my energy is back I'm excited to get back to it.