Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgeon in Baltimore, Maryland?

The American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery) has a list of surgeons on their site.

I am the database coordinator at Hopkins Bayview - our website is The Johns Hopkins Center for Bariatric Surgery if you'd like more information on our program! We have several wonderful surgeons.

Good luck,

Lisa

HI Chris,

There are several places in Baltimore. I went to GBMC and saw Dr. von Rueden. I work at Hopkins and I try not to go here only because it creeps me out to see my doctor at the place I work..I know childish!! Hopkins has a great program so does GBMC and St Agnes.

I know several people who have gotten either lap banding or rny at all of the above and have had a lot of success. I'm only 3 weeks post-op and I've already lost 20 pounds.

Good luck on your search.

Thanks you folks! I actually am a professor at Hopkins and I don't think I would care if I saw my doctor in the halls. Anyway, I work at the East Baltimore campus so that is unlikely. lisaeaton, do you think that you could email me privately? I don't know how to PM you. Thanks! (my email is mczink@caninesports.com)

Dr. Steele at Bayview did my band. She is fantastic and I'm very happy. Down 39.6 pounds in a little over 2 months! There's a fantastic support group at Bayview as well...meets first Thursday of every month for bandsters.

Steph

I was banded in Montgomery County at Shady Grove Hospital by Dr. Greene. I have been very happy. He has several patients who come down from Baltimore.

Does your facility do fills for other Drs. (surgery performed in USA)

I will be living in Maryland part time after the first of the year

The surgeon I used does have some patients that he does fills for that he did not perform the surgery on.

The American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery) has a list of surgeons on their site.

I am the database coordinator at Hopkins Bayview - our website is The Johns Hopkins Center for Bariatric Surgery if you'd like more information on our program! We have several wonderful surgeons.

Good luck,

Lisa

Hi, I wanted to thank you for the link to the ASMBS. I was able to find a link to the website of the Dr. I'm seeing tomorrow. They had a lot of great information on theirs site so I got a got head start on what to expect.

Hi, I wanted to thank you for the link to the ASMBS. I was able to find a link to the website of the Dr. I'm seeing tomorrow. They had a lot of great information on theirs site so I got a got head start on what to expect.

That's awesome! Good luck with your doctor.

There are several places in Baltimore. I went to GBMC and saw Dr. von Rueden. I work at Hopkins and I try not to go here only because it creeps me out to see my doctor at the place I work..I know childish!! Hopkins has a great program so does GBMC and St Agnes.

I know several people who have gotten either lap banding or rny at all of the above and have had a lot of success. I'm only 3 weeks post-op and I've already lost 20 pounds.

Good luck on your search.

Hi GWhite,

I am a patient of Dr. Von Ruden's. I had my first appointment last month. How did things go with his office, your surgery, how are you doing? He said I am a good candidate for the lap band. Just following the steps to get approved by my insurance.

Lea :)

Hi Lea,

So far I've had a good experience with Dr. von Ruden's office. I'm down about 27 lbs in about 8 weeks. They have been very patient with me. I one of those "impatient" people that wishes that I could drop the weight in 5 days!! But all in all everything is going well. The day of surgery went smoothly. The nurses and the docs were great. I had a lot of jitters about getting knocked out. But like I said it went really smoothly for me. I was in and out in the same day. I do have to say one thing that Dr. von Ruden's goal isn't to get you in and out the same day if you're having problems. I know another guy got banded the same day I did and he had to stay in over night because he was having problems with the anesthesia.

GBMC also offers a support group just for banded people. It meets once a month.

I have 100% NO regrets doing this. I wish I had done it sooner! Please feel free to e-mail me gwhite6573@yahoo.com if you'd like to chat more.

Have they given you a surgery date?

~Gail

I was banded by Dr. Singh at St Agnes, they do a lot of procedures there and handled all the paperwork with ease. I agree, I work at Univ of MD Med Ctr and I don't have any health care where I work (When I lived in Calif and worked at USC I once had confidentiality betrayed by MD to my boss!!!!) Good Luck!