Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 month long stall?

First of all, I know I haven't been 100% faithful to my plan. I let carbs and sliders sneak back in, but, that being confessed, I am not eating nearly as much, nor as poorly as before surgery. When I met with my surgeon in December, he was obviously disappointed in my 14 pounds lost since the prior appointment in October. My surgery was at the end of July. I met with the nutritionist as well as followed up over the phone. While I am disappointed in the slow loss, I am shrinking. It is so encouraging to shop in my own closet. I see my surgeon again in late March. I have only lost a few pounds since December. I added exercise to my routine this weekend in hopes to kick start something. I also plan to do a pouch test this week.

So, what I am asking is, have others had stalls this long? Will I be able to start losing again?

Please don't beat me up too badly for my stupid choices. This is not an easy journey, and I battle with food choices every minute of every day!

Thank you in advance.

Some data:

Highest weight 321 April 2015

Surgery weight 306 July 2015

Current weight 260 February 2016

I am sorry to hear you aren't doing as well as you would like. You are still losing weight and seeing positive physical changes, which is a good thing!

What does not following your plan 100% mean? Without more specific information it is hard to offer advice.

Are you tracking, weighing and measuring your food?

Are you eating slowly, taking small bites, and chewing thoroughly?

Are you eating Protein first?

What is your Protein target?

Are you getting in all of your protein every day?

Are you getting at least 64 oz of Fluid every day?

Are you avoiding starches and added sugars?

Are you taking your Vitamins and supplements as instructed?

Are you exercising?

What did your NUT advise you to do at your last visit?

Are you doing it?

Let us know. There is no reason you can't continue to lose.

Embrace the Stall!

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall

Not always weighing and tracking,

always Protein first 60-80gems,

lots of fluids, 64-96 a day,

unfortunately, chocolate keeps sneaking in when stressed,

just started exercising

Haven't been good about supplements lately, gotta fix that ASAP

NUT had me add in bran Cereal twice a day to get bowels moving, as they keep moving, I sometimes only do bran once a day, he wanted me to get more veggies and fruit, even tiny baked potato with Protein on top

I figure the slower the loss, the better overall, NUT agreed. I just don't like disappointing my surgeon

Based on what you shared I would highly recommend you track everything. That way you KNOW how much Protein you are getting. And aim for 80 grams every day.

I bet just those two changes will really help.

Oh, and definitely take all your supplements. Vitamin deficiency is the kind of thing that isn't a problem until it is and then can be very serious. Once you establish the habit then it becomes really easy.

I have been sleeved for 3 months now. I also have a hard time getting in my Fluid and taking my Vitamins. This journey is a lot harder than anyone thinks it is. I am trying to find vitamins that do not make me sick and I have ordered the multi vitamin patches but it will be at least another week before I get them. I have got to make it a priority by packing my lunch every day and also keeping a diary. I know where I am slacking and just have to make myself accountable. I know you can do this. WE all have come too far to give up now! At least you realize the problem and ready to make changes. Good luck!