Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TACO BELL it is

I am starving and all i can think about is taco bell. AGAIN I am ruining myself. why in the world doesnt the sleeve just make you stop craving crap they need a drug for it or something. but Yeah I am going to taco bell having pintos and cheese maybe a taco and a couple of potatoes... I wish I could control myself.

Follow your plan. You can have Taco Bell on occasion and in moderation later.

Maybe have some refried Beans if you are at the soft foods stage? (from the supermarket, don't go to Taco Bell)

Hang in there, it gets better.

This is a hard journey and we all have our slip ups but please have the will power to say no. The sleeve isn't magic and you have to be mentally strong. Good luck on your journey!

Wait, you were sleeved in January and you think you're going to eat a taco? Your sleeve may be very, very unhappy with this idea. Try the pintos and cheese and see how they do. Leave the others.

You did not have surgery to keep the same eating habits. Hang in there!

It really depends on how far out after surgery you are, but I had Taco Bell on the way home from my first follow-up appointment because I was on soft foods by then. I got pintos and cheese and it took forever to eat them.

Don't eat anything you aren't cleared to eat. But I've had Taco Bell a bunch of times since I was sleeved 17 months ago. You don't have to give it up forever, just be smart about it. And don't risk damaging your healing sleeve!!!

I was sleeved three months ago. I can eat about three small bites of pintos and maybe one bite of a taco and I am full. There is NO WAY I could eat Pintos n cheese, a taco and potatoes.

KLEE

You confessed to all of us and that is a hard thing to do, so I know you want feedback and support. I understand. Take that courage and also be honest with the nutritionist (if you have to visit one) as you are here, and that will really help. Your Dr. and nutritionist will appreciate it. They need to know how to help you, don't be embarrassed or feel like a failure, ok?

I know that a lot of insurance doesn't cover counseling. But I would love to see you find a counselor in your area and on your plan. This takes so much of a lifestyle change that your life flashes before your eyes when making a change this huge. By that I mean, so many issues come out of nowhere and can take you back down on that mat if you let it.

Will you please consider finding a counselor? I have one. She is also the same faith as I am, so that makes things a lot easier, in case you follow a certain faith.

Overeaters Anonymous helps some people, too!

You're here to win it, KLEE. Try and remember that your surgery has left you with a WOUND that you need to care for. This is your baby now. You're still healing. Do you want to hurt that baby or do you want to heal that baby?

This is our personal best time, it's GO TIME. Will you let me know if you will look into counseling>? I will be waiting for you!

Ame

Edited by Amelie2016

I am starving and all i can think about is taco bell. AGAIN I am ruining myself. why in the world doesnt the sleeve just make you stop craving crap they need a drug for it or something. but Yeah I am going to taco bell having pintos and cheese maybe a taco and a couple of potatoes... I wish I could control myself.

You can control yourself.

In fact, you are the only one who can do so......and the most fundamental task is deciding what goes in your mouth.

This deal is all about learning the right habits at the beginning stages when hunger isn't a part of it.

Discipline established now is key to future progress.

All depends what you have, a regular hard shell taco is not horrible as far as the nutritional information goes, I have del taco which is similar to taco bell just better in my opinion. I just make sure I chew very well.

All depends what you have, a regular hard shell taco is not horrible as far as the nutritional information goes, I have del taco which is similar to taco bell just better in my opinion. I just make sure I chew very well.

The OPs profile says she had surgery in January. She should most definitely NOT be eating a hard shell taco yet.

I guess it is stating the obvious but a smaller stomach does not change your brain and habits. That part is up to the person. I sure wish everyone could get the right education up front so they knew what they were getting into.

Some people really have bad cravings at first. I spent so much time in anguish preparing for the sleeve, that my mindset is I would be happy if I never ate again vs being miserable morbidly obese. Of course, 4 years out, I do eat food, actually really good food, but I was so desperate to shed the weight - I rarely had the food cravings especially early on.

Alot of it really is the mind not adapting to the new reality. I was raised a farm girl where a hearty appetite and a robust frame were considered good and a sign of health (my parents were children of the depression and had an aversion to hunger).

It took me awhile to believe how little food I actually need to stay healthy - but it's true. And when you are able to change your thinking about it, it becomes so much easier.

Hang in there and seek help - this is your health on the line

The OPs profile says she had surgery in January. She should most definitely NOT be eating a hard shell taco yet.

I agree 100%, I was talking about nutritional content in general and what I do on occasion. I usually don't going looking at profiles while not a bad idea. Looking at profiles through the android app doesn't give sleeve date information. I know the desktop site has more info.

I had awful food fantasies until I was able to actually eat the things I fantasized about. I've found that when I'm wanting something I know is bad, I try to get a fair amount of Water and Protein in first... It doesn't make me want it less. But it does make me feel full after a few bites. And I call that a win. I get the thing I wanted and didn't gorge myself stupid doing it. Behavioral change takes more than time. It's graduated. Don't hate yourself for wanting. Just manage it. Good luck

I started eating Taco Bell, about four months out. The dietitian, at the time, didn't really approve. She actually yelled and told me to eat pre-packed foods, instead. Me, I don't like those meals and they usually have quite a few carbs, which I'm sensitive to. Anyway, I would eat my two Taco Supremes, and made them into a salad when I got home. I didn't eat the shells, though. I also had half of a small chili, from Wendy's, and ate pizza toppings when my husband ordered it. I didn't do it, often, though.

I think some have to understand that some of us do live, and eat, with other family members. You can't expect them to eat "perfect" all of the time. When your SO hasn't had the surgery, it's hard to watch them eating things you can't have. The first two weeks, after my surgery, I did hide in the bedroom to avoid watching my husband eat.

I don't necessarily think the VSG takes away cravings but it does take away your hunger. I don't recall the term for the hormones but that is the one that decreases, after they remove part of your stomach.

I'm three years out, and am struggling though. The magical effect of rapid weight loss stopped at two years, for me. I have regained some weight. The hunger feeling has returned, some, and I am able to eat more. I'm limiting my fast food quite a bit now. They are looking to make sure my stomach didn't stretch. Since I had the tests done, here where I live, it's taking a while for the results. The surgeon was also out on vacation when I got the results. The results I received from my PCP, were that I still had really bad reflux, and the radiology doctor didn't see any results of having had weight loss surgery. Don't know if that's because they aren't familiar with the VSG (sometimes I have to explain it to the doctors) or my stomach stretched.