Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Top heavey now and back is killing me, what to do?

Ugh, my back has been killing me lately. I went to Dr today for help and she told me that I am now top heavey and bound to have problems. It is killing me, I can't sleep tonight. I want to crawl in a ball and stay there. I can not take the pain.....

Anyone else have this problem? Chriropractor is no good. :) Not working for me. I don't want to go on meds. I have never really had this before. It is right below my bra to my mid-low back, hence it is the ta tas...yeah I said it...lol... short of cutting them off what can I do????

Maybe a back brace would help.

If you go to a gym, you could try working your back muscles/abdominals more.

I have a friend who is my age who had enormous ta-tas. She has just had them reduced and feels like a new woman. No more back and shoulder pain. She was also tired of the grooves her bra straps made in her shoulders.

I am thinking it is the way I am going to have to go. It is not getting any better. I have been laying on heating pads to make it bearable. How does Dolly Parton even walk???

If you get them reduced people will be able to tell you what colour your eyes are. heh heh

Good luck on your decision.

I would consider a reduction, it will make so much difference to everything, and you'll look heaps slimmer as well.

In the meantime, I'd be doing some upper back exercises to strengthen shoulders, neck and back and try to provide a bit more support. A back brace could certainly help as well.

Try ice, not heat. Heat can actually make it worse (even though it feels good at the moment). I'm not a doctor, but I've had back pain since I was 14.

Is your chiropractor any good? Try finding one who has an affiliation with a wellness center -- i.e. a place that does acupuncture and holistic medicine. They tend to be the best chiropractors.

And although I always seem to disagree with Derrick in the other threads, I do agree with him here. If you strengthen your core muscles, you will have more support.

You might consider a lift instead of a reduction. Usually you lose a cup size in just extra skin. I've been going back and forth between two options myself...

If you get them reduced people will be able to tell you what colour your eyes are. heh heh

Good luck on your decision.

:eek: lol...now there is a plus! :woot:

Try ice, not heat. Heat can actually make it worse (even though it feels good at the moment). I'm not a doctor, but I've had back pain since I was 14.

Is your chiropractor any good? Try finding one who has an affiliation with a wellness center -- i.e. a place that does acupuncture and holistic medicine. They tend to be the best chiropractors.

And although I always seem to disagree with Derrick in the other threads, I do agree with him here. If you strengthen your core muscles, you will have more support.

We don't have any with a wellness center here as far as I know, but I am going to look into it. I see my personal trainer today so I am going to tell her that we need to work on the back and such. She is trying like hell to get rid of my bat wings, but that just isn't working....lol....darn skin.

I wonder if my insurance would pay for a lift? They will cover a reduction because of the size. They called it "impeeding normal life functions" rotfl...

Where are you located, if you don't mind me asking? I can see if my chiropractor knows anyone who practices near you.

At least insurance would pay for the reduction of your impediments! ha ha

Where are you located, if you don't mind me asking? I can see if my chiropractor knows anyone who practices near you.

At least insurance would pay for the reduction of your impediments! ha ha

I live in Jackson, but I am near East Lansing and Ann Arbor. I have to go there a lot to get good doctors. So either of those could work as well. Thanks.

Any chance it is your gallbladder? Mine caused horrible back pain.

I don't think so, but I will mention it to me Dr. I really hope not, because I told work that it is out, that is how I got time off to get the band. That would be my luck screw up the whole lie.

This is a directory of alternative medicine practices in Ann Arbor and it seems to be pretty comprehensive:

Ann Arbor Alternative Medicine Directory

This is the only wellness center I found in East Lansing:

Creative Wellness - East Lansing, Michigan - Massage, Chiropractic, Acupuncture and other Natural Health Services

Don't let anyone touch your back if they seem sketchy. I've been to 5 chiropractors in 13 years -- some were amazing and some were complete hacks. You can always ask them for references and if they are good they won't have a problem with it.

Good luck and let us know what you decide to do.