Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"My Diet is Better than Your Diet" -- random rambling...

I have never heard of this show, guess I'll have to DVR it.

I made it through about 20 minutes. This show is terrible on so many levels. The diet personalities are all terrible and none of them are really TV ready.

I had this set to record on my DVR and it sat in the inbox for days... then I just deleted it. I figured if I haven't watched it yet then I don't really want to. Seems like just another TBL type humiliate the fat person type show honestly.

And then there's that other new series where the trainer gains 60 "Sympathy" pounds and teams up with someone desperately trying to lose weight. I thought, Wow... they have reached a new low trying to get viewers here. That can't be healthy at all.

<_<

Irene

It seems to me regardless of socioeconomic status, Oprah is a human being just like the rest of us. She struggles with weight just like we do.

Yes she can have a personal chef and someone to control her meals but she still must fight head hunger etc.

If she wants to endorse and own a portion of WW good for her.

It doesn't make a difference in my life.

As for the show, maybe it will inspire people to move more and eat less. Make better food choices when they eat.

As for cLEAN MAMA. Well, it seems to me I can just do my daily stuff and get it done faster without trying to do lunges while I do it and have time at the end of my day to exercise. It's really about making time no matter how you carve out the time.

Oprah is wealthy, she isn't obese like us common folk, she is "A lover of food and one to whom exercise is not a common occurrence".

I am sure there are successful weight watcher folks out there but honestly I could not take the points thing. the diet itself is okay, nutritionally sound but honestly it was a pain in my butt. the meetings where I had to pay to go and see the same fat people week after week. They would weigh in and get a standing ovation for losing 1/2 lb or 1/4 lb. I became really bored with all of that. I haven't seen the program you all are talking about so I can't comment. AS for oprah.. I am not sure why with all of her money she hasn't gotten surgery but I think she is hoping that by buying WW she will become a model for them. I wish her the best and I know she has struggled but I am extremely happy that I had my lapband and I can eat what I want but just not too much of it...

Before surgery I did a number of diets including WWs. It works (with extraordinary effort) but the issue is keeping the weight off. It was impossible for me. After RNY, I realized it was because I had out of control hunger. Before my surgery, I was literally hungry all the time. Even after a thanksgiving meal I was hungry, it was just that I couldn't physically fit any more food. Once I had surgery that hunger was gone. Yes, I do feel some hunger now but it is not constant. Something changed. The science behind my surgery changed things. I am still the same human, so if it my food issues were psychological, wouldn't it follow that once I healed they would remain the same? I don't have awesome food intake days everyday but my weight fluctuates within a 3 pound margin. Pretty good!

@@Beni ... it's very possible your ghrelin production is way, way down these days and staying down.

The human body continues to be a mystery in so many ways. One day, this will all be understood so much better that is known now.

This show, and biggest loser, are such fat shaming spectacles - it's just insane. I can relate to the desperation to get healthy, but I just can't believe the level of public humiliation and embarrassment these people allow themselves to be subjected to for the entertainment value. I mean, nobody walks around naked with their fat out for everyone to see, so why do they do it for television? And they're not even realistic ways of a sustainable lifestyle. Like, who has time for 3 hours a day at the gym? Who's not going to eat fast food at some point? Life happens, and weight loss is something that has to go with the flow of things - it's not just a one time event. It's not just one year of good choices, or a couple of months of hard core gym time... It's an everyday life time of choices. These things don't work on a permanent basis, and it's so sad that more people aren't aware of the reality that weight loss surgery is one of the very few effective ways of losing, and KEEPING, the weight off. There should be a show about weight loss surgery patients, and how they live, and be successful, afterwards. Now that's a useful television program for America.

I ve never seen the shows you're talking about, but as I cant stand 99% of ANY type of reality show, I'll take a pass. Oprah ?? I like her, but as someone pointed out, why would WW be any different /better for her than the hundreds of other "diets" that shes been on over the years ? Oprah herself admits that shes tried "everything", im trying to get why WW is going to make her a "better body !? Anyhooo, the one and only "diet" that I went on was WW for a whole year and following a year long program, lost a whopping 12 lbs. For the whole year....................... WLS ? 50 lbs in 7 months. And just to add insult to injury, the only meeting I could attend was the Saturday 10 am meeting. The same couple was there every. single. time. front row, and EVERY time the leader would say something the husband would volunteer his "experience" surrounding the subject, and usually included his grandchildren that they lived with. Every. time. And the leader wouldnt put a stop to it. I finally gave up.......... Thank you Lap Band for saving me from many things, including a murder charge..................!

**NOTE** I am NOT putting down Oprah, her choices or WWs. It was just a random thought for me. After 25 years of obesity, I finally figured out that diet plans were not going to work for me -- even really sensible, health oriented plans like WWs. I simply wonder when/if she is going to figure out the same.

Of all the plans I've done, WWs most mimics a healthy, sensible way to eat AND is the most customizable/doable in my opinion. I just wasn't able to maintain it for more than a year or so. I also think South Beach makes great sense and it basically what I follow now with ease. High Protein, low carb, fat is good, Portion Control is key.

And yes. The meetings made me want to stab a b!tch. Many b!tches in fact.

Another bad reality show. Another group of hopeful contestants who are willing to publicly humiliate themselves for weight loss and fame.

Those diet options are so ridiculous! Did y'all watch it? That chick who is is the "inventor" of the "Clean Momma" (is that what that was called?) diet is clearly insane. Seriously. I know desperation to lose weight. I know trying extreme measures to get fit and lose weight. But lunges down the grocery aisle? Squats to pick produce? I was already fat, I didn't need to make a spectacle of myself in public.

I am SO glad I had surgery.

Oh! And Oprah bought WWs? I do wonder when she is going to wake up and realize surgery may just be her answer.

unfortunately even celebs fail at surgery, look at riki lake and carney wilson. multiple surgeries, multiple failures. But i do agree counting points is all fine and good, but until someone fixes oprahs head, her body wont follow. And by that i mean her reliance on food as a way of placating her insecurities, ( she has talked about it enough) My wife likes to yell at her commercials. lol. i just shake my head. I try not to be judgemental, but in the comfort of my home i shall judge the TV!

lol

I've been on and off the WW wagon so many times that by the final few attempts, I barely lost five or ten pounds before giving up and gaining more back. It's a good diet. I just can't stay on diets.

The thing about Oprah that strikes me is that she's full of self awareness. She's been over the issues that make us overeat many many times. She had a trainer. She had a cook. She starved herself. She exercised like a fiend. We all watched her lose and gain and lose and gain. She talked about the emotional reasons behind eating. She gets it. And it still wasn't permanent.

Why? For me I think it's twofold. Yes, all the emotional and mental stuff is there and has to be addressed and worked on and retaught. I have to learn and practice new ways to self soothe. But also, my body is different from my normie friends'. It won't stay cooperative. It wants too much food. Over and over and over again.

My LapBand finally got my body in line. I'm working my ass off emotionally and mentally too. If I didn't, I'd eat right through the WLS and weigh 302 again plus some bonus pounds.

I need both solutions. WLS got me started and keeps me not starving 24/7. The rest is discipline and hard emotional work. But it's so much easier with WLS helping me.

I just watched the first episode last night, I will catch up with the other shows this weekend.

I wouldn't mind having some of the smoothie recipes, the kale & bananna one looks interesting.

The "Wild Man" diet is almost just like Atkins 1972 version with only minor changes.

I wonder to why Oprah doesn't get WLS? She could have easy gotton sleeved, never said a word then said it's was all about WW and made even more money but that could have also back-fired in some way.

I do think Dolly Parton has had WLS, only my opinion.

I just watched the first episode last night, I will catch up with the other shows this weekend.

I wouldn't mind having some of the smoothie recipes, the kale & bananna one looks interesting.

The "Wild Man" diet is almost just like Atkins 1972 version with only minor changes.

I wonder to why Oprah doesn't get WLS? She could have easy gotton sleeved, never said a word then said it's was all about WW and made even more money but that could have also back-fired in some way.

I do think Dolly Parton has had WLS, only my opinion.

She will secretly and claim WW is the reason she is losing so much weight.

Kirstie Alley definitely got WLS.