Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Appetite suppressants (prescribed) 2 years out...

Hello all.

I have been absent from this form for a few months - I needed a little break, I've been so busy with work (traveled 10 out of 13 weeks) and, well, life happens.

So, I went to my 2 year follow up - a suspected gall bladder issue forced my hand. I was procrastinating going for my follow up because I've gained 17 pounds from my low weight. I was ashamed and didn't want to verbalize what I just wrote here. If I avoid saying it out loud, it's not as real. So I have been experiencing some discomfort when I eat and felt like I had to go in to get the gall bladder checked out.

My doc is awesome - I knew this, but I was embarrassed. She made me feel comfortable and I kind of unloaded on what's been going on. I've been snacking/grazing, not exercising like I should and think I have a problem with acid (which leads to more snacking). She ordered an upper GI and an ultrasound which happens next month.

She suggested appetite suppressants which alarmed me. My knee jerk reaction was "Really? I thought I wouldn't have to do that ever again!" She said this is "perfectly normal" at this point. We can use it as a jump start to get yourself back on track - it may not be a long term thing.

So I came here - my good old support system to ask…Has anyone else been thru this? What are your thoughts on suppressants? I'm researching more on my own, but would like some thoughts from my fellow veterans.

What say you?

Wow not sure what to say because I don't want you to feel any worse. What you have gained is not excessive and I hope that if you went back to basics it would get you back on track. Easier said than done with all the Travelling you have done but why not go back to logging everything you eat and drink and go back to planning all meals and Snacks for the week. I am 2yrs 4months and I find when I plan all meals and Snacks for myself and Husband we get back on track very quickly, even if we are Travelling which we also do a lot of. So I Guess what I'm saying is don't be to hard on yourself and give it another try before resorting back to our old diet mentality. Your strong I have read your post's from the start, I know it's hard but I think you can do it. Organisation seems to be our Best Friend on the road to good health, good luck.

Great post ^^^ @@ausmith !

Organisation (with either an s or a z) is certainly my Best Friend.

:)