Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where did you all lose weight from first?

I have lost weight in my face, hands, feet, butt and lower body first. I still have more to lose in my legs, but if I lose any more in my butt I won't be able to sit. I never really ever had a big butt - BUT it's pretty much non-existent now. The major place I need to lose weight is my GUT.

Definitely proportionately - but in my face first. Then I notice my waist has gotten much slimmer. I notice it in my chest, others have said my neck and shoulders. I'm taking measurements next week. I'm curious to see how much has come off from each place.

I am so sick of people saying my face is smaller.....uggg. down 47 pounds and my face is thinner? my face must have been big!! lol. my shape has changed and of course my no bum is flatter than ever. my stomach seems the place its not coming off of but my skin is a sagging from my arms

I think I'm losing pretty evenly. My torso has thinned but I still have a tummy pouch I need to work on (exercises) but all my clothes sizes have been shrinking at the same rate.

I've always lost in my lower body first, then face and neck, and belly last. No exception with WLS.

I think I lost fairly proportionally. Smaller shoe size took awhile I think because I didnt have too much Water retention but actual fat on my feet. .:)

After getting to goal, I got about 18# under goal (not really intentionally) and it came 80 percent off my already skinny butt. I lost some in the waist, very little in the upper body. Having that ridiculous top heavy look was one reason I thought I looked a bit thin (well, and I felt like carp)

I am back at goal, tend to be skinny butt and top heavy (not just breasts, but my shoulders and ribcage) but much more proportional.

top down for sure - which I found weird because when I was just-above-normal weight as a young adult, I always carried any excess weight I had high (I had a flat butt, no hips, and chicken legs). As someone above said, now my hips (and gut) are hanging on for dear life!

I can see my ribs above my boobs when not wearing a bra and the other day I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror while getting into the shower and I could see ribs in my BACK! Yet somehow I'm still wearing size 12 jeans.

I lost in the face first, which is also where I always gain first. I also noticed my shoes fitting more loosely pretty early on, and my legs slimming down.

I'm less than 5 lbs from goal, but I am struggling with getting my waist slimmer--I wanted it to be under 30", ideally 28", and it's still between 30" and 31". But my middle is also when I have the most loose skin, so that may just be how it is.:/

My chubby cheeks went down. Umm on my face.heh heh.

It started in my face first, and then I discovered the collar bone that I didn't even know I have. Right now its legs and some in the stomach, even though I still sometimes see the same person in the window, clothes sizes are dropping

I'm opposite of you. I lost bottom up. My boobs were the last to go. And like @@Miss Mac, I've still got a tummy roll that I probably won't lose without the help of surgery ;)

My stomach and neck/collar bone area goes first.. Which I'm totally okay with but my butt and hips are dead last!

I'm loosing from the top down, my face is much thinner but not so much my bottom half. I look like a dripping candle

I feel better knowing this is possible. I was really starting to freak out! My face is so thin looking now and my body is just so...disappointing for the 69lbs I've lost so far. I really wish I could lose some belly or some hips....something!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches