Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newby From H-town Houston that is!

:whoo:Hi, I joined and finaly had the time to sit down and write a personal introduction. I'm super excited to become Banded by Dr. Spivak tomorrow morning. I've been diganoses with PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) which makes it impossible to lose weight in my condition. The medication they put me on for PCOS is a steroid which ultimately puts weight on. The insurance won't cover my condition because they believe its cosmetic only but in the end its for a health condition. "Quakers" Insurance Company. Well I've got my presurgery stuff done called the hospital and gave them my medical history and have to report at 7:30 bright and early to start my own life. I'm so excited, and ready to get on with my own life.

Thanks for reading my intro. If you got anything to share with me I would be honored to have any advice from my fellow bandsters.

~~Cypanther~~

It's 9:51 and I've eaten and taken all my medication and about to head off to sleep where I will be banded tomorrow. I've shopped for my food for the weekend and the people at the store were like "lots of water" I got the stuff you add to bottled Water to make it flavored so I will havve some taste to the Water.

Ready to be Banded!

Looking forward to put up my before and after pictures for yall to see when I get to a comfortable weight.

Night bandsters

:rain:

Im from Houston myself...your intro reminded me a lot of the situation Im am in health wise at such a young age. Im getting ready to go to the seminar this Saturday!!! Its really exciting...best of luck to you!!!! Keep in touch.

Another Houstonian here. I just scheduled my lap band with Dr. Spivak, set for August 8th. I hope everything went well with your procedure. Can't wait to hear how you are doing.

Pam

Hey yall,

I am offically banded, the surgery went well I was kind of nervous in the preholding area so they gave me some medicine for my nervous and Dr. Spivak came in to talk to me and it went well. On a scale of 1 to 10 for pain, 10 being the worst pain ever I would say the pain was a 5. The advice I would say is get up and walk in the hospital right away because it makes the pain feel less. I tried taking my seven medications with liquids but I keep gaging or upchucking so I called the local walgreens and they got two of my medications on liquids. One of the pills is the one I have to take three times daily and it can be liquid. Yah.:whoo: I have had alot of gas pains , on saturday the gas went into my shoulder and sent me crying while walking the pain out. I've lost ten pounds total since my endrocrine doctors visit to get the preop labs sent to Dr.Spivaks which was the second wednesday prior to my surgery. Since the surgery I've lost 5. I'm not in alot of pain though but I looked pale comming home from summer school today. I guess I kind of have to take it alittle slow. Glad I got the surgery done no regrets so far! My stomach is bruised but I'm chugging onward to my weight loss goal.

Untill Next time.

Hey, sorry for not updating you right away, but I'm doing fine now. I finally learned how to adjust at college with my band and how to lose weight. I reached a plateau reacently and today I finally peaked and now am loosing again... Now I'm out of the 200's and loving it now I weighed today and now i'm at 199. Under the 200's for the first time in 7 years. Wow. What a feeling. Well I thought I would post something back and get this started again because I miss yall, and I need the support again.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: