Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ideas for ready made stuff I can buy to eat?

I do half plain greek yogurt, half mayo. Same taste, half the calories with a tiny Protein boost.

Oh wait. There's such a thing as a single serving crock pot. You can bring your own food without having to heat up in the communal area. I'm deathly allergic to seafood and never ate in the office lunch area because if someone heated up seafood I could have a anaphylactic episode. I became a master at bringing self contained lunches.

The kraft olive oil mayo only has 30 calories per tbsp.

I do half plain greek yogurt, half mayo. Same taste, half the calories with a tiny Protein boost.

Oh wait. There's such a thing as a single serving crock pot. You can bring your own food without having to heat up in the communal area. I'm deathly allergic to seafood and never ate in the office lunch area because if someone heated up seafood I could have a anaphylactic episode. I became a master at bringing self contained lunches.

OMG! this is fantastic!!! Can it contain the smells though? and gosh! you're allergic to seafood?? Luckily you aren't in my office! Ack. I'll check out the crock pot this is an amazing thing. Any links to stuff i can cook in this crock pot that weight loss friendly?

Edited by wagyu

I'm deathly allergic to all seafood and have been known to have reactions to strong airborne smells. I'm also vegetarian so I'm probably not one to ask for recipes, but I would think anything that could be made in a crockpot could be made in this. I've had my eye on it for a while but haven't bought it yet. You could try Eggface or even pinterest for healthy crockpot meals.

how does it taste in relation to normal mayo? gonna check this out too Thanks BLERD! very helpful going to make use of the crockpot at work :D!

I find it to taste better than full-fat Best Foods Mayonnaise and I didn't ever think that would be possible. In fact I made some tuna salad with spicy mustard, OO Kraft mayo, celery, green onions, a sprinkle of cheese and just a tiny squeeze of relish. Yummy! I scooped it up with homemade cheesy crisps chips.

how does it taste in relation to normal mayo? gonna check this out too Thanks BLERD! very helpful going to make use of the crockpot at work :D!

I make my own P3 Protein packs with some low fat cheese, almonds, and low sodium deli meat or a boiled egg. Not sure that this is the best choice, but I have also found that 1 large chili from Wendy's will provide me with 3 lunches once portioned out! I also make some "skinny" deviled eggs using plain Greek yogurt instead of mayo that are a handy snack to keep in the fridge. If I'm desperate, a ready made Premier Protein shake is my meal, but I usually try to "eat" my meals rather than rely on shakes.< /p>

I can't tell a difference. I used half olive oil mayo, half unflavored greek yogurt when I made potato salad over the summer for a get together, no one noticed the difference.

Btw unflavored greek yogurt is a GREAT sub for sour cream in most dishes. I didn't like it in mashed potatoes, but everything else was fantastic and MUCH lower cal

Not sure what your job on the road is. I used to literally eat every meal out due to hectic work schedule. And yes I am occasionally at the office till 2am. I took a long weekend this weekend and I am shopping, chopping, and cooking cooking cooking. I just ordered 6oz and 8 oz ramekins. I am slow roasting a whole chicken, making ratatouille (red peppers, onions, eggplant, zuchini), homemade pesto for the chicken, and high Protein explore asian Pasta. Chicken pesto Pasta with yummy veggies. This will make me like 8-12 dinners and/or lunches. I cook all weekend and have food in the freezer for a month. My own homemade lean cuisines without all the preservatives, nitrates, and processed meat. And yes, I have nitrate free lunch meat, sliced cheese, 2 oz mini hummus, etc in the fridge for quick fixes. And yes, I even have a couple of actual lean cuisine's stuffed in there too. But those barely taste like food to me now.

Before you go nuts with prepared foods, make sure you are getting all your Protein. Keep in mind that a frozen dinner might be 20gms Protein, but thats if you eat the whole thing, It isn't difficult to panfry a chicken breast, piece of fish, or steak. or scramble an egg. I eat one of those things for dinner every day. Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, lowfat string cheese are all quick protein sources.

This is something you can keep in the fridge at work or at home. High Protein, cheap and quick.

http://www.latimes.com/food/dailydish/la-dd-oscar-mayer-lunchables-for-adults-p3-20140305-story.html

Hi All, I don't have much time to cook for myself and in all honesty i don't know how to cook well at all. I tried and they call tasted baddddd.

Any ideas of what I can buy in the supermarket that I can just grab and buy and eat (pop into the microwave and it's a done deal) that is healthy and that you guys post op have approved and worked for you?

I mean deli hams work but eating them everyday has been boring. Maybe Soups? What kinds do you buy that doesn't hinder your weight loss?

I have low fat cheeses etc. But I feel like there is more out there I just don't have ideas of what.

Hi @wagyu. Just wanted to let you know that I lost 150 lbs. without cooking my own meals. I live in NYC and have a very small kitchen. I live alone and cooking just seemed like a big old pain in the neck. I shopped at upscale markets for prepared meals and that's what I ate. Mostly fish and chicken along with veggies and even a bit of carbs such as a very small potato, or 1/4 cup pasta/rice. Stay away from fried foods, things you know will have alot of calories and sodium/fat. Other than that, you should be OK.

Again...I get that cooking yourself gives you more control but I'm proof that you can do it without cooking your own food.

Good luck!

I like costco. They have individual 4 oz. containers of chicken salad that I love (140 calories and 14 grams of protein) for lunch. I also buy individual containers of hummus, bags of individually wrapped mozzarella cheeses, and containers of various Soups (each container provides three meals, more or less).