Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please don't be mad and get upset at what we say here!

Thank you Alex! Sometimes it gets pretty nasty and I wonder where the admins are to stop the madness! I have tried to stay away from this site because of it, but, I keep coming back. I always tell some of the victims via email that they should not let a few bad apples rob us of good valuable information. Thanks again! jake

How does one "yell" on the internet?

ONE WAY IS BY TYPING IN ALL CAPS.
Yes, I know that's what all caps is *supposed* to mean, but I just don't see it. I'm not trying to be obtuse, I just don't understand why one would allow a stranger on the internet with a caps lock key (or a few unsavory words) control them.

@@agalindo17

You control your thoughts, your emotions, your actions. Say what you want, how you want. Keep what you want to hear, ignore the rest. This is your journey and you get to choose your happiness along the way.

You can be successful and you will be if you follow your doctor's plan. That's really all that matters in the grand scheme of things.

How does one "yell" on the internet?

Imagine how mean this people are that is felt as if there yelling on the Internet!

Please understand this: Disagreeing is not yelling. If you are not taking your Vitamins because they make you sick, but you have talked this over with your doctor, then fine. It is more than understandable that if someone is having trouble drinking during those initial post-op days to make hydration the main focus. That does not mean that it's okay to never take Vitamins. It just means in your particular set of circumstances that you had to choose one over the other.

My pre op labs showed Iron and Vitamin D deficiencies. Not uncommon for a woman of my age. I was a huge supplement advocate pre op and and continue to be post op. Can't hurt is how is see it.

I take Bariatric fusion chewables. My doc has his bypass people take 4 a day and sleevers take 3. I just had my 2nd post op check-up this week along with labs. Everything was fine except Vitamin D. It is common here in Buffalo. I had Vit D issues pre-op as well. So 8 wks of 50k units and then 3k/day to maintain and I will be all set.

@@agalindo17 Mine said the same thing. I had to take them in the beginning but it's not necessary once I started eating more "normal". We check my labs every few months and they are perfect. I do take them sometimes just to take them.

not necessary once I started eating more "normal".

@@Elode

my NUT told me to continue with Vitamins (4 years PO)

I know, i know all docs/nuts are different

wish they would all get on the same page :(

OP said they take chewable vitamins - i would love to do that

i'll check it out

now i take 2 horse pills :huh:

kathy

Thanks for all the responses everyone. We all learn a lot from everyone and thanks for those who understand about sometimes is scary to post or type an opinion!

I finally got some tablets I have to take 3 a day but is ok as long as they don't make me sick maybe it might help someone else!

post-250791-14464294921918_thumb.jpg

Also just some gentle advice. ....

You are allowed to use periods and commas to help us understand what you are trying to say.

They help.

A lot.

I think this is a bit harsh. You do know that not only are we not all English speakers here but, we are also at different levels of education and also is the fact that these days many of us multitask, and as such one task often suffers- usually for me grammar and punctuation during texting.

I often text in a hurry and sometimes make mistakes. I am also multi-lingual and it takes a great deal of effort to get it right all the time.

Just take them. Better safe than sorry. Plus, any problem that arises from not having them will be insidious and will be very hard to correct with future diligence. Besides, the sleeve is too new a procedure for anybody to have truly credible data.

You are allowed to use periods and commas to help us understand what you are trying to say.

They help.

A lot.

I think this is a bit harsh. You do know that not only are we not all English speakers here but, we are also at different levels of education and also is the fact that these days many of us multitask, and as such one task often suffers- usually for me grammar and punctuation during texting.

I often text in a hurry and sometimes make mistakes. I am also multi-lingual and it takes a great deal of effort to get it right all the time.

I did say "gentle advice" in hopes that she wouldn't be (too) offended.

I was nice and just trying to explain that in order for us to help her, we'd have to first understand what she was asking or saying.

You probably didn't see the original post, it was one humungous run-on sentence. It was very difficult to understand - that's why the first few posters were saying "huh?" and "I don't understand what you're saying."

After she corrected her original post, she had a lot more responses, advice and tips etc because she was being understood.

That's it. That's all.

I totally get it that people are bilingual and that their 1st language isn't English..... I live in Canada.

They help.

A lot.

I did say "gentle advice" in hopes that she wouldn't be (too) offended.

I was nice and just trying to explain that in order for us to help her, we'd have to first understand what she was asking or saying.

You probably didn't see the original post, it was one humungous run-on sentence. It was very difficult to understand - that's why the first few posters were saying "huh?" and "I don't understand what you're saying."

After she corrected her original post, she had a lot more responses, advice and tips etc because she was being understood.

That's it. That's all.

I totally get it that people are bilingual and that their 1st language isn't English..... I live in Canada.

I don't think you were being rude at all.

Of course, I'm typically the one accused of being rude so my soul may be very dark or non-existent. :D

I get what you're saying. There's a kind of culture here that leans toward almost indoctrination of principles that, in some cases, vary widely between professional teams (which is a bit suspicious).

There is also an assumption that we, who live in these bodies, don't know what is good for is, or what we need, and I don't think that is true either.

Marry your intuition to your common sense and a little knowledge and it seems there are many ways sleeved people get to goal.

If the Vitamins are upsetting your stomach, check and see if they have Iron in them. Iron in the Vitamin can often upset our new tummies. The one and only time I have been sick since surgery was 30 seconds after I tried a new bariatric Vitamin with Iron. I left a trail of flame behind me when I ran to the bathroom. I switched to a non Iron and things have been fine.