Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why are so many White Women marrying Black Men?

I don't want to offend princess_n_thep, because I really don't think she meant her comment in a stereotypical way, but I do want to use her comment to make a point. Everyone is jumping on Lee because they think he made a racist comment, but no one has said anything about her statement, which furthers a racial stereotype.

My opinion is that life is too short.... so go with the biggest dick.

Not a philosophy I would endorse, but I love your free-thinking spirit, Princess.

Yes, her statement does appear to be discriminatory. I mean what ever happened to the politically correct "size doesn't matter?"

(Nice to see you're up and at 'em laurend)

Lucy I believe we can be nice to people who post even if we don't agree with them. I have no knowledge of him discussing pedophilia. I am not quite as up to date on his rants as you are. But is that a good reason to accuse me of being "...as sick as he is..."?

Frankly I do find discussions on Rants & Raves very entertaining and lots of fun. And if I do not find a topic interesting or if I think a topic is in bad taste or just plain wrong, I usually do not participate.

That's not the only reason I post at LBT, but it is why I read and post on Rants & Raves; it's fun and entertaining. I also disagree with people frequently, but I really try very hard not to insult the people who post, and I try very hard never to make assumptions or diagnose them as being sick. But that's just me. You must go wherever your heart and mind lead you. :)

(Nice to see you're up and at 'em laurend)
It's good to be back and see all the familiar folks! I've missed being on LBT!

I don't want to offend princess_n_thep, because I really don't think she meant her comment in a stereotypical way, but I do want to use her comment to make a point. Everyone is jumping on Lee because they think he made a racist comment, but no one has said anything about her statement, which furthers a racial stereotype.

How so? The Princess did not say that black men are more generously endowed....only that her criteria for marriage is size, rather than color.

Jachut: Eeek. In a sexual context? That's not good. But still I suspect he's doing that sort of thing in order to get people aggitated. Only an extremely stupid individual would not know that a statement like that would generate a lot of backlash. Therefore he probably enjoys the rancor. Go figure.

Carlene I am totally with you on this one! I was pretty surprised to see that someone thought that comment was racial in origin.

How so? The Princess did not say that black men are more generously endowed....only that her criteria for marriage is size, rather than color.
But she was responding to the question of why so many white women are marrying black men. The stereotype of black men having larger "packages" is very well-known. It's not a far leap to think that she was referring to the stereotype with that comment.

laurend are you feeling well? All over the shoulder pain and all that?

Now if we could just get TOM and Jack back, the party could begin!

BJean, while his comment about the 11-year old is ick-worthy if you don't take it in context with the entire post that he made, it really isn't that bad if it is taken in context. Here's the original post:

* We have an FDA saying that all of our foods are safe to eat. If you look around--in a lot crowds I have seen Women sooooo big--I am shocked. We are doing that steady thing of placing "Bovine Growth Hormones" in the meats. Chemicals we can't pronounce in our foods--so they will go a long way.

If the growth Hormone makes the Pigs, Cows, Fish and Chickens bigger--aren't we ingesting those foods too? We have little girls who are having periods at 8 and 9--but we've accepted this to be a normal thing. I went to my sons school and had my "Mouth Open". The secretary had to say--"Hey Lee"--"Earth to Mr Lee".. Those little girls you see--well there are more. I was so shocked at 10 year olds with a size 34 C breasts...Lord. I even had my sons a party...I stopped a lady at the door oh so thought...I said--this is a party for my kids--not high schoolers. She says--"But I am 11 years old". My son says--"Daddy, she goes to my school--we're both going to the 6th grade".I was just about saying--"what is wrong with these contact lenses? "Somebody cheated me" . No need to say how this young 11 yr old girl looked--so I won't.

laurend are you feeling well? All over the shoulder pain and all that?
Yep, feeling great! Except for a stitch in my side that I've had all day, anyway. I was actually one of the lucky few who never had gas pain.

laurend I see where you were coming from. I just thought she was talking about NOT having race as an issue for marrying someone, just a guy's "size." But it does make sense if you consider the initial thread question. I had forgotten about that sterotype.

In fact, I've wondered about whether shoe size relates to the size of a man's ---- in fact we discussed it in a different thread. But the race question didn't enter the discussion, but it might bring up the question of Shaq, whose shoe size is 26. :faint:

In fact, I've wondered about whether shoe size relates to the size of a man's ---- in fact we discussed it in a different thread. But the race question didn't enter the discussion, but it might bring up the question of Shaq, whose shoe size is 26. faint.gif
If it is true, then all I can say is "Ouch!"

Oh thanks laurend for showing me the quote. I actually HAD read that. I didn't think that was the comment she was talking about. Now I go back to my original thought that he's being picked on. I've heard perfectly great guys comment on how shockingly mature young girls are looking nowadays. That doesn't make them perverts. And I'm not a pervert for wondering about shoe size vs. pnuts size. :)