Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Figured I'd say hi.

Hey guys I've been reading the forums for a while. Lots of good info and help. I spent the last decade going back and forth about having the surgery. Finally was sleeved on 10/8 everything has gone surprising well. Nothing more than I guess the normal pain you'd have from getting sliced open in 6 places. Like I said thought I'd finally say hi after reading for so long.

Hi!

Glad everything is going so well for you! Keep working on your fluids and protien and keep us posted on your progress!

Congrats on your decision to join the club

sleeved on 10/8 everything has gone surprising well.

@@DistillerDave

hey dude

"welcome" to the board :rolleyes:

congrats on making your first post

what took you so long to say hi??

i've been waiting for you on the bench

one week post - op

you are still around to talk about "it"!! :)

glad recovery is going well

good for you, reading, learning about the sleeve

don't be a stranger

come back and ask your questions

read, listen

some of the posts have questions that

might pertain to you too!!

see you around the neighborhood

good luck

kathy

Howdy, Dave.

That's great news. Glad everything is going well for you.

Looking forward to seeing your future posts.

Hello. I was sleeved on 10/7, so we are healing in the same stages.

Great to know you are doing great. Look forward to hearing about your continued progress.

@@proudgrammy - It always cracks me up with a woman who chooses the moniker Proudgrammy to welcome a guy with a "hey dude" ;-) Please don't stop, but it makes me smile every time you do it.

@@DistillerDave - welcome to the losers bench, can't wait to hear about your progress. You join a long line of lurkers who thoughtfully looked at this before doing it, and IMHO that is the right thing to do.

always cracks me up with a woman who chooses the moniker Proudgrammy to welcome a guy with a "hey dude" ;-) Please don't stop, but it makes me smile every time you do it.

ok dude - i won't stop :lol: :D

keep smiling and laughing dude :D :lol:

kathy

Hi Dave!

Welcome

And good luck on this journey!

Hi Dave. I am new here to and have been doing a lot of reading in silence. I was suppose to be sleeved in 10/15/15 but came down with the head cold from hell. I am now set for 10/29/15 providing the cold cooperates. I am nervous as hell and have so many unanswered questions and what if's that I am driving myself crazy. Glad to hear you are doing well. And thank you everyone for the insight, hope, and answers that you have, and continue to give me from reading.

Thanks everyone, I tend to not be real chatty. Everything is going pretty good. I am however looking really forward to being able to get some texture in the food I can eat. I'm not hungry but damn i want to chew something so sick of liquid / full liquid stuff. I do get to try some scrambled eggs and maybe some oatmeal tomorrow per my doctors timeframe for the post diet so i'm looking forward to that. I haven't had any problem getting anything down so far and keep my Protein at 100 to 120 a day. Overall its not been bad at all and i'm down to 314 from 335 day of surgery on the 8th.

G'day @@DistillerDave

As I'm sure you're aware, the Water and the Protein are the big ones, so well done on those...

If you can keep them up then the rest should all fall into place.

Welcome to the party! Super group of folks here....so don't hesitate to ask questions or look for advice.