Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Too young to be 300 plus pounds

My name is Cheyenne and I was 378 pounds at the age of 21, way too young to be so unhealthy! I was very unhappy with myself, my life, and the way I look in clothes. I was just tired all the time and had so many weight related issues until I began to give up on life itself and become a compete introvert! I tried walking, going to the gym, eating healthy/less, drinking more Water but the weight always came back because I just couldn't stop eating at all, I had no self control; not to forget I was/am struggling with Schizo Effective Disorder. So, one day, I got a call from my grandmother in Savannah (I was in Nebraska) and she relayed to me some shocking news which included her having lung cancer, my great grandmother dying, and more which I wish not to speak about; right then and there, something inside of me sparked like a person trying to light a mach and I literally screamed out "I WANT TO LIVE. I WANT TO LIVE FOR MY GRANDMA, MY FAMILY, BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY ME, MYSELF, AND I, DAMN IT!" My mother came running into the room and she just automatically told me to get dress and get in the car, I totally thought she was going to take me to be admitted but, to my surprise, we rolled into Methodist and went to the barbaric office. That is when I met my saving grace, the man that helped me change my life, Dr. Daniel Cronk! My mother and I applied and did the six month requirements but Medicaid turned me down. I was disappointed but, the next year, my mother worked her magic and the surgery was approved! I had to do the pre surgical diet (which wasn't as hard as I thought) and lost a total of 67ibs which put me at 311 on the day of the surgery, September 2nd of this year. I had the surgery and the first two nights in the hospital were absolute hell, the third night was magical, the fourth day I was happy as heck I was leaving. When I got home, the first two weeks were really hard. Making this long story short. I am now 280 pounds!

post-264662-0-38563600-1445057392_thumb.jpg

I have huge respect for you and your mom.

Way to go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am proud of you.

You took control over your life. You will have a unique perspective on life after seeing the road you were one vs the healthy path you have now chosen. It will make a huge impact for the rest of your long life.

Well done, young lady. Very well done.

There are so many life lessons that you have already learned that puts you way ahead of your peers in terms of wisdom and character.

Live healthy and make the very best of your God-given gift.

Amazing story. Thank you for sharing this here. You made my day for sure.

My goodness, thank you so much for your words, truly, thank you very much! I just woke up and your words made my day!

Edited by mahiaili

I am so very happy for you! If I had anything to do over again it would be having my bypass when I was much younger before I caused so much damage to my joints.

You should be very proud of yourself! I love how positive you have become, it will only help you in the coming months as you continue to lose and meet all of your hopes and dreams.

Great job!!!

Congratulations and thank you so much for sharing your story. You are never too young (or too old for that matter) to change your life. I wish you all the best. You have an awesome life ahead of you. Please keep us posted on how you are doing.

What a wonderful story. Congrats, on your progress this far. Keep up the good work and please continue to keep us posted. Prayers going up for your grandma. Stay strong and keep loosing, feeling and looking great!

Thanks for sharing such an amazing story with us, and I wish you the best of luck on your journey. Also, congrats on your weight loss so far.

Congrats! I'm happy you qualified for the surgery. You'll see how much better your life will be day by day. Follow the program and fight any tempation to eat or drink what you aren't supposed to. :)

You and your mother share a very inspiring story. And you look fantastic! You have a bright healthy future awaiting you!

Congratulations! Thank you so much for telling your story! I'm 23 and over 300 pounds, I'm thinking about having the procedure done. Keep up the great work!