Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who Has Joined A Gym Or Do You Work Out At Home?

WHO HAS JOINED A GYM OR DO YOU JUST WORK OUT AT HOME?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. WHO HAS JOINED A GYM OR DO YOU JUST WORK OUT AT HOME?

• JOINED A GYM
    • WORK OUT AT HOME

I Belong To Curves And I Love It. I Joined Before I Got Banded And Stopped Going. But Now I Realize I Need To Exercise And Went Back. I Really Like Going To Cures. I Helps.

See, I have a curl bar that I use for a lot at home, but I'm really trying to get myself to run more often. I need to get my heart and lungs in better shape. Damnation. lol.

I work out 5 days a week! 30 minutes of cardio with 30 minutes of weights on Monday/Wednesday/Friday....then 40 minutes of cardio on Tuesday/Thursday!

I love a gym. I seem to be more accountable to myself if I drive somewhere plus I like the activity around me and the people!

I have lost 18 lbs and I really would've thought I would love quicker considering I'm working out hard.....but I tell myself I'm gaining muscle and toning so I'm losing more fat!!!! Lol!

I'm at home for the time being. I realize when I'm under the 200s I will need some training in resistance to tone my muscles.

I work out at home too now for walking I get a great work out by going to Walmart don't laugh now..I grab a cart and I am off and I wear my walking shoes and I am all over that store like grease lightening and I found out that there are other walkers there too. I spent an hour today walking quickly back and forth but I actually walk in the park. I ahve a pair of great walking shoes that put a spring in my step. I also have a treadmill at home but it is not the same as real walking and I have a Gazell glider and that things can really get you going. I do pilates and my middle is getting smaller and my legs are slimming out now keep in mind I am having the banding to help me lose weight and I am on a roll before hand. I have lost just about 20 pounds so far in the past month or so just on determination. I think from what I been reading here is that we all seem to be or try to be on the right track.

Hi from down under, NZ.I have just joined Curves and it looks good so far, I keep telling myself to exercise but never quite find the time so decided it was time to face facts! Will see how it goes, first day only yesterday. Anyone else go to Curves?

Merelou

I just re-joined my local gym. For me, I'm more consistent if I leave the house. I faithfully go to work out. I go first thing in the morning and I love it. I also make myself go b/c I'm paying for it. Just another added incentive.

I live to far away to make and extra trip to town for the gym so I work out at home. Walking 1.5 miles a day so far. Bicycling, and other activities around the house.

Thanks again for all of the responses. I still have not joined the gym because of money issues, but I have started doing a at home walking program that I enjoy. I know I need to kick it up but right now with my kids going back to school in a couple of weeks the money is too tight.

Thanks again for all of the responses. I still have not joined the gym because of money issues, but I have started doing a at home walking program that I enjoy. I know I need to kick it up but right now with my kids going back to school in a couple of weeks the money is too tight.

dont worry about joining a gym if money issues are tight... You can get some really good excercise at home and outside

i live in a really small town in a very secluded area. We had one gym, and i joined, and i went three x a week, then it closed. and stayed closed. I recently joined a local inn and convention center. they have excellent facilities (better than the gym had), a pool, a sauna, and kick @ss locker room and showers. It only costs me 35 dollars a month. for everything. Its two miles from my house and my job is two miles in the other direction. My job and house are a little less than a mile, like some wierd triangle. there is a bike path that runs through town. When i wake up, i throw on my shorts and shoes, brush teeth n hair, grab my backpack, stuff my workclothes in it and go!

When i get there, i usually just do thirty on the treadmill, fifteen on the recumbant bike, then piddle around till i decide to just say screw it and get the pass for the pool. :) then i float around in there till my skin turns pruny, hit the sauna, then hit the showers which are better than getting around at my house because i dont have to share it with three boys and a husband that thinks towels are SUPPOSEd to smell like gym socks.

Then i get around at my leisure because theres usually no one else in there :Banane20:. i LOVE it...then i step outside and breathe deep while i look around at an amazing view of the northern maine woods and mosey into work.

im diggin it. I dont go everyday even though i say i do. i usually take two days off a week to piddle around with the boys or watch tv, or sleep late instead.

OMG Brandy you go to the gym at 4:00 AM? Oh help me Lord, I wanna be like Brandy.....

Brandy -- you "do" technically have a choice - that would be to exercise very early or NOT to exercise at all and make excuses instead! Your strength is that you make excellent healthy choices. You inspire me :-)