Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone heard of Dr. Francisco Gonzalez in TJ?

:help::help:Hi All, I am getting ready and have all sorts of questions especially for those who've had the banding. I haven't been on a plane since 9/11. Security has changed so much.

I'd like to bring everything I need with me on plane so I won't have to check in luggage. I have a ton of prescription meds. I know that they must be in their prescription bottles. Do I have to put them in the one quart baggie along with toothpaste, soap ect.? Did any of you check in luggage?

I have asthma, will they let me bring my 2 step airosal sprays? (cannot go anywhere with out them).

When the driver picks you up at airport, where does he/she do it?

NM Sunshine-

Go to this website TSA | Transportation Security Administration | U.S. Department of Homeland Security or go to the airline's website that you will be traveling on. They have information too about all the rules. I am planning to take just a carry-on. I mean, I am not going to be there very long and I am not going to be going out and about so I figured I would not need much. Seems easier to not have to find your luggage. Also, I think that I read they would be near the baggage claim area to pick you up, but send an e-mail and ask laura to make sure. Good luck Sunshine!

Lap Bandit

Thanks. I'll be there an extra day. Am going to try and get it all in one carry on. Thanks for the website. Will go check it now. Laura hasn't contacted me yet, buut she is supose to soon.

Mildredmach

I'll let you know how it went when I get back. Laura just called me and she will be picking me up at the airport and taking me back to airport. She gave me her cell phone number and told me to call her anytime. Dr.V stays in touch with you and whenever I have emailed him he emails me back the same day. This sort of attention really helps to relieve the anxiety.

Yeah!!!:whoo: I just set my date with Dr. G for Oct. 3. Laura is supposed to call me soon for payment. I forgot to ask him though, do they want all the money now or just a retainer? I know my finiancing is going through, but I don't have the cash in hand yet. If they want all the money up front, hopefully I can keep my date till I get my money next week. If someone out there can tell me how things proceed now I'd appreciate it. :eek: :clap2: :bounce:

I am going for surgery with Dr G on Sept 25th -- They ask for 500.00 retainer fee and I believe the rest is due at surgery -- I actually havent gotten that far yet ... My surgery was scheduled for almost a month before I even sent the 500.00 in because my financing was going thru still too .. I'm sure they will work with you, whatever ur situation.

I just had my surgery with them a week ago... $500 retainer and the rest is due before the surgery. I paid the day of, but if you are financing, Laura will definitely let you know when it's due and so on. Good luck! :eek:

:help::help:Hi All, I am getting ready and have all sorts of questions especially for those who've had the banding. I haven't been on a plane since 9/11. Security has changed so much.

I'd like to bring everything I need with me on plane so I won't have to check in luggage. I have a ton of prescription meds. I know that they must be in their prescription bottles. Do I have to put them in the one quart baggie along with toothpaste, soap ect.? Did any of you check in luggage?

I have asthma, will they let me bring my 2 step airosal sprays? (cannot go anywhere with out them).

When the driver picks you up at airport, where does he/she do it?

I'll do my best here... since I travel a lot, I've become more familiar than I care to admit about the TSA rules.

The meds DO need to be in the prescription bottles. The name on the bottles must also match the name on your ID (passport or driver's license). I would suggest putting all of your mediciations in a clear plastic baggie so they are able to screen them fast.

Are your asthma sprays prescribed or over the counter? If they are prescribed, see above. If they are not, see below.

Your medicines do not count towards the plastic baggie that you get for your toiletries (remember each bottle has to be less than 4 oz.).

Laura will be the one to pick you up at the airport. She will be in contact with you before you leave to determine a place, etc., to meet you. It will be seamless! Let that be the least of your worries. :eek:

Christene,

I didn't realize that I could have yogurt, steamed veggies and cottage cheese on the preop diet. That makes the diet easier. I noticed that walking helps stop hunger and after this morning, my hunger has really lessened.

Congradulations on that daily loss of weight. Got to feel really good.

:hungry:How are you doing with the pre-op diet ? , I will be starting mine in a few days, getting closer....!!!!!

:bounce:Mehan

Yes my asthma medicine is perscription. I will bring the boxes they belong in as that has my name and doctor on. What you say REALLY helps me. Thanks. And whew it's nice to know that my medicines don't count for my plastic bag that has gels & liquids in. I have 12 prescription medicines that I will need to take daily.

Laura contacted me and I just use my cell to call hers and let her know which door I'm at.

:embarassed: Annie5, I think I messed up with a few things. I've been eating cream of mushroom and cream of chicken Soup. I think I'm only surpose to eat broth type. I've also been drinking too much coffee. I checked with DR. V and he said one dup a day only. Yesterday I had several glasses of wine which I think is a no no.

I'm finding out a lot about myself through the food diary I'm keeping. Often I just crave to eat something though I don't have hunger pains. My biggest craving time is at night. So I make up a package of instant diet pudding w/skim milk and eat the whole thing (a bit over 2 cups). Or I start on the creamcycles at 20 calories a bar and eat 4 because that only equals 80 calories.

It's like I always want to stuff my mouth. I'm not the type who craves sugar or fast food meals. I tend to eat the healthy food, just too much of the healthy food. It's all calories.

I've been trying to do better each day.

:help: I have some new questions.

Who do I tip and how much? A driver (Laura) will be picking me up and taking me back to airport. Do I tip her? Each time?

I'll be staying at the Camino Real hotel.....big expensive place.

Do I need to convert some money into paso's when I go to TJ Mexico?

Because of a mistake I made on air tickets I will be in Mexico an extra day. Will I feel like walking and shopping some on the 2ed day after surgery? Surgery Sept 11 at hospital (not surgery clinic) I fly out on Sept 13 at 7pm.

:help: I have some new questions.

Who do I tip and how much? A driver (Laura) will be picking me up and taking me back to airport. Do I tip her? Each time?

I'll be staying at the Camino Real hotel.....big expensive place.

Do I need to convert some money into paso's when I go to TJ Mexico?

Because of a mistake I made on air tickets I will be in Mexico an extra day. Will I feel like walking and shopping some on the 2ed day after surgery? Surgery Sept 11 at hospital (not surgery clinic) I fly out on Sept 13 at 7pm.

No need to tip Laura, she does patient coordination, she's not only a driver shes all over the place. she is so sweet, I was glad to be cared for by such a nice person!

No need to convert money, in my experience TJ is americanized as far as currency, everyone takes dollars, just make sure you have a few ones and fives. I was able to walk for a couple of hours, ask Laura and she will arrange a mini tour for your 2nd day, she offered me, unless you are leaving early. How is your pre-op going, mine was tough but I made it, so you should be doing ok. The post op was and is the real challenge! Good Luck! Keep us posted NM.

CHRISTINE

:bounce:thanks, loads for the information about TJ. I have been worried about all sorts of stuff. Yes I will be there on the day following surgery.

Also on the day after that as my plane doesn't leave until 7pm.

So, I'm going to have some time on my hands and if I feel like it, I'd like to shop or something like walking around the area. That mini tour sounds great too.

I'm having trouble with the diet. I only lost a pound. I got ravishingly hungry, yesterday and ate a whole bowl of diet chocolate pudding (2 cups). Today seems that I have put on the pound I lost. My metabolizim is screwed up because I have hypothyroidism. I think it has been quite a while since I've had my last test to see if I'm taking enough medicine. Anyone know if that will effect surgery? Those blood tests they do, what are they for??

Mildredmach

I'll let you know how it went when I get back. Laura just called me and she will be picking me up at the airport and taking me back to airport. She gave me her cell phone number and told me to call her anytime. Dr.V stays in touch with you and whenever I have emailed him he emails me back the same day. This sort of attention really helps to relieve the anxiety.

I hope everything goes good:). Please tell me the address of Dr. Gonzalez, or the telephone number. If Dr. Glz have web page?