Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

They seemed sane...Dating horror stories

4 years ago went on a date with a girl from match. . She was my age and said she was single. Out of nowhere this guy that was maybe 30 years older showed up asking who I was. It happen to be her husband. This was at a movie theater with like 90 people around. He started talking loud saying everything she has and will ever have is paid by him, that he has gps on her car and cell phone, he had sex with her earlier that day..then he looked at her and said "isn't that right, b***h" everyone around got quiet and was looking at us. He then pulled out a wad of 100 dollar bills and asked how much did I spend on the date.. and he then put a 100 dollar bill in my coat pocket. I said man I don't want your money I think I'm just gonna leave. He said "no, just keep the money. I just saved you a lot of heart ache from dating this *****"

I later found out he was the CEO of this company my job at the time was contracted to work for. The girl later called apologizing saying she wanted out of the relationship but he wouldn't let her. I told her to take care of herself first and foremost, and that I didn't appreciate the dishonesty when she told me she was single

Edited by scubav85

Super bad!

Ok, so I'm following these posts because I'm considering getting into the dating scene after a very long dating hiatus and I'm getting tips.

I came to Starbucks between appointments and overheard, eavesdropped, a woman saying she was waiting for a date to arrive and that she was going to try calling him. She dialed, walked inside, got a drink and left. I'm guessing she got stood up. 20 minutes later a guy walks up and asks if I'm Emily. I had to chuckle as I said no, thinking he was the date. Turns out he's not, he's having a business meeting. I hope that lady's day gets better. Dating sucks.

@@goodnuff - yes it's a crooked game, but it's the only game in town...sigh

I feel bad for that girl that guy sounds like a total machismo controlling asshole

I went on a date this past weekend from match.com the woman said she won't go on another date with me till after I have the surgery and lose a little weight. I told her to please delete my contact info.

I know I am going to look really good later. :) . . But that just sounded rude to me.

I went on a date this past weekend from match.com the woman said she won't go on another date with me till after I have the surgery and lose a little weight. I told her to please delete my contact info.

I know I am going to look really good later. :) . . But that just sounded rude to me.

I think you just saved yourself some time on the other side. So be thankful. I have had run in's with people who I had met online before surgery, and they can eat their hearts out, they let me know who they really were on the other side.

I've got one that gives me the chuckles now, but horrified me at the time. The story has a long setup, but it has a payoff.

This was back when I first moved to Ohio from Solitude, IN. Needless to say I was a country boy out of place in Dayton, OH. I was in college at the time and working as a manager at a Blockbuster video. (That should tell you how long ago it was!) I rode a bicycle 6 miles one way, 6 days a week, and weight lifted for about 1.5 hours a day. I had no social life since I was so new to the area. Not to be narcissistic, but I was a damn good looking 220lbs. At Blockbuster, It was common for people to rent a tape (yes, a VHS tape) at one location and drop it off at another. So every shift, you would go through the drop box and weed out the other location tapes and call the location to let them know to come pick them up.

I established a rapport with a woman (Karen) at the nearest store and we would flirt outrageously over the next few months. One evening, she told me that she and and an employee (Todd) were going out after they closed and would I be interested in joining them?

Sure, why not!

Now, as I mentioned before, I was a young man from the country. Not worldly in any way. Bigotry and prejudices were rampant in that area, so everyone I ever saw was pretty much just like me. So forgive an ignorant young man for the next part.

They swung by my store to pick me up and we went to a bar called 1470's. Dance music was playing and there was a huge crowd outside. As we get out of the car and start walking towards the bar, this 6 foot... thing... walks in front of me in a black lace clingy "dress" with red hooker heels, long blonde hair and a 5 o'clock shadow and hairy arms. I stopped in my tracks.

I lean over to Todd, full of fear, "Todd... did you bring me to a *derogatory name for homosexual* bar?!" (Remember, young and ignorant at the time. I am no longer like this.)

Todd looks at me with one eyebrow cocked like Mr. Spock, "Duuuhhh.... I'm gay."

Now I lean over to Karen, "Karen! Did you bring me to a *derogatory name for homosexual* bar?!!"

Karen looks shocked, "Aren't you gay???"

My mouth drops and I hit a high pitched frantic voice, "No I'm not gay! I'm from Indiana!!" As if that would explain anything and everything all at once.

Needless to say, I set out to prove to my companions that I am indeed hetero by not only flirting outrageously with Karen, but I stepped up my game and we ended up making out. Passionately. That should let everyone know that I am indeed a raging hetero and obviously insecure young man. Karen however loved every minute of it. After we left the bar, we talked a bit, she apologized for not telling me it was a gay night club and also for thinking I was gay as well. (Evidently, every male that worked for Blockbuster in the area was gay. shows how astute I was at the time.) She did however say she would love to go out on a real date.

The next weekend we do a pretty generic date. We didn't do coffee since we had been talking for months and also had already kissed. We had a casual dinner, saw some forgettable movie, and then went to a bar for a drink and conversation. This is where she tells me how she had a great time the weekend before and now that it is done, it is actually pretty funny. She asks about my plans for the future, what my family is like; she tells me about her family, how she wants kids, how her father and I will get along famously, and her mother will love having me for a son-in-law, and how cute our babies will be, we should have a May wedding since June is so cliche, but it will have to be two Mays from now since her husband still lives in her house...

At this time, all blood has drained from my face. My heart was thundering in my chest. She wasn't joking. I mean, there was no hint of a jest. Her smile now appeared to be a rictus that would be at home on a crazy clown or maybe the Joker.

Oh, and she was my ride home.

How in the heck to I get out of this?! I couldn't just anger her and make her mad me, I had seen Fatal Attraction. I know where that leads. I had to drag this out over days. Forgetting to call her back, taking her husbands' side in whatever disagreements they were having... anything to make her see that I was not the one. It worked eventually, but the scars of that experience will last me a lifetime.

Edited by BigViffer

@@BigViffer - Wow, well welcome to the big city ;-)

Being from Indiana should have been considered a VERY good excuse BTW

Edited by OKCPirate

@@BigViffer that is quite a story. It leads me to believe you are the only hetro male she had met in ages!

I actually cannot relate at all to the people that jump in so fast - I mean, you just find out someone is from Indiana and not gay and you are hearing wedding bells? ha How did she know what other deep dark secrets you might be holding?

lol, I never thought of being a straight Hoosier as a deep dark secret!

Hopefully this guy will not show up at your next date

This is the BEST thread on BP we've had in a long time.

Great stories, @@BigViffer ... great comment, @@CowgirlJane .... and hilarious visual, @@OKCPirate .

LOL!

I think the coffee date that made me most sad was this lady who was so insistent that we meet, I finally relented and said OK, and she gave me this twenty minute tale of woe, full of health problems, financial set backs etc. Somehow she couldn't see we had absolutely nothing in common, but I guess she was hoping for a pity marriage proposal on the spot. That date was painful.