Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My love for Starbucks!

They don't have sugar free caramel at Starbucks. Used to be a barista...the caramel definitely has sugar. The other flavors come sugar free.< /p>

I think that's changed because my daughters friend is a barista now and said they can do that one sugar free (I asked) but she certainly could have been mistaken.

If you look on their website, they use sugar free vanilla Syrup but the caramel is not sugar free. They minimize the amount of sugar in the skinny version by using the sugar free vanilla syrup instead of the caramel syrup only. Trust me, I checked again before I posted this. Not a lot of sugar but it still has some.

They don't have sugar free caramel at Starbucks. Used to be a barista...the caramel definitely has sugar. The other flavors come sugar free.< /p>

Yes they do. I used to buy sugar free caramel Syrup by the bottle. ^_^

Here is a link: http://store.starbucks.com/starbucks-sugar-free-caramel-syrup-000368077.html

You can buy the sugar free syrup, but they don't use that to make the drink. Not trying to be critical, just trying to share information so no one has issues if they have "dumping" issues or trying to cut back on sugar. It wouldn't taste nearly as good if they used all sugar free syrups...the caramel they use has sugar. Google "skinny caramel macchiato" and the Starbucks site will show you the nutritional facts.

I tried to go caffeine free post and gave that up. I drink 2 cups, black, everyday. I occasionally add a flavored SF creamer. I get a Cappuccino once in a while, its moderation for me.

2 cups of 4ozs or regular 8 or more?

That's way toooooo much at one time. Your stomach after surgery can handle around 4 to 5ounces. By consuming 10 you'll eventually stretch the stomach back to where it was. This surgery is life changing in every aspect of the word I used to drink 12 or more ounces but didn't want to return to that way. Your body will tell you it's full but you need to control the mental urges of having more.

Now I buy coffee and only ask for a half cup. I'm completely satisfied. And when those urges come on I simply look at my before pic for inspiration. I never want to return to where I was

That's way toooooo much at one time. Your stomach after surgery can handle around 4 to 5ounces. By consuming 10 you'll eventually stretch the stomach back to where it was. This surgery is life changing in every aspect of the word I used to drink 12 or more ounces but didn't want to return to that way. Your body will tell you it's full but you need to control the mental urges of having more.

Not to be argumentative, but that's debatable. First of all it's a liquid, it slides right through. Second of all whether it's even possible to stretch the sleeve is debatable--the fundus which is the stretchy part has been removed. Third, we haven't addressed the time period in which that amount is being consumed. I have an 8 oz cup of coffee every morning and it takes me about an hour to drink. I drink Water even faster than that sometimes! But it's liquid, it slides right thought.

People are entitled to opinions this is why we're here. I don't have time to argue w anyone. Everyone is different

People are entitled to opinions this is why we're here. I don't have time to argue w anyone. Everyone is different

Yes indeed. I just think opinions should be presented as such and not as fact. Best to you! Your methods are working for you just as mine are for me!

Here it is straight from Starbucks website:

It’s the same rich and creamy Caramel Macchiato taste you expect, with fewer calories. On this lighter treat we used sugar-free vanilla Syrup, freshly steamed nonfat milk, our delicious Espresso Roast, and then we top it all off with a velvety-rich foam and a buttery caramel drizzle......

so the caramel drizzle still has sugar. But they use the sugar free vanilla syrup.

Ah there ya go! She told me without the drizzle I assumed it was choc drizzle apparently it's caramel.

My daughter has given up sugar because of an inflammatory joint condition so she asked her friend what she could still have. Sadly no more iced chai lattes for her, the chai syrup has sugar.

If she likes chai lattes maybe have her try a brewed chai tea with cream and sf vanilla syrup? It isn't quite the same but it is close and yummy

Water consistency liquids go right throw your stomach to your intestines. They will not stretch your stomach. I watched live on screen during my swallow test. liquids empty instantly into your intestines. That is why you don't want to drink when you eat or drink high calorie Protein free drinks. The go right through your stomach. It is also impossible to stretch your stomach back to where it was. The sleeve isn't the same as the pouch the part of your stomach that is cut off is the stretchy part. They use that stretchy part with the bypass but not the sleeve.

Bro science isn't science.

Now foods make a Chai tea that is no calories no sugars and for dieters. You can drink it with no sweeteners and it is delicious.

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

Hello!!! I just wanted to add to this thread!!! I'm 3 weeks and 4 days post op and I (before surgery) would get a Passion Tea Lemonade with at least 10 pumps sweetner in it. Well, since sugar makes me NAUSEATED just at that thought of it and I cannot tolerate artificial sweetners, I decided to Google the nutritional facts of drinks at starbucks......for those of us pretty early post op, I was very VERY happy to find out that I can have a regular iced passion tea!!! It has 0 fat. 0 sugar. 0 carbs. 0 calories and is also caffeine FREE. :D I'm so excited about this!!!

the only thing I get at starbucks now are their refreshers. They are low calorie and delicious. I had a medium very berry one today, it was only 70 calories