Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My love for Starbucks!

I add mocha flavored Protein Drink to black coffee.< /p>

You don't have to give up coffee forever. You will have to give up the high calorie coffee drinks.

I have a cup of TJ cold brew every morning, sometimes I blend it with unflavored Protein.

If you love Starbucks, an iced cold brew black is something you can keep drinking. You can bring your own Stevia drops.

The thing to watch with coffee is the acid so it doesn't irritate your stomach. Cold brew coffee is a perfect solution for that.

Sure, but why? Lol, after you are recovered from surgery, you can still drink coffee. I like a tall, skinny, iced caramel machiatto a few times a week. :)

My problem now is I enjoy one to many carmel macchiatos. I have reduced it a lot from 1 a day to 1 a week. I do use the Starbucks french roast k cups though.

I cut coffee for a month after surgery. Now I have 2 cups a day. My "go to" order at Dutch Bros ( I hate Starbucks) is a medium iced sugar free almond milk caramelizer :)

I stopped drinking caffeine cold turkey nearly 4 weeks ago. I did so because my preferences for caffeine are in soda and fraps from starbucks. Since I am making such a huge change in my overall eating, I have decided to go for the gold and quit caffeine as well. It is one of my biggest crutches. I have blood pressure issues that are only exasperated by the caffeine.

coffee is a diuretic which is counter productive to your post op struggle to keep hydrated. I would suggest easing yourself off the caffeine if possible (that method didn't work for me) as it is easier to deal with the withdrawals. At 3 and half weeks out, I'm still having headaches and symptoms of withdrawal.

Good luck!

@@Yaberhoo

False. Caffeine is not a diuretic. You would have to drink a shit load of caffeine for it to dehydrate you. That's an old wives tale.

I've drank caffeine since a month out from surgery and I've done just fine with fluids and weight loss. Just sayin.

You can get the caramel macchiatos sugar free if you don't get the whip and choc drizzle. And get it with nonfat milk!

They don't have sugar free caramel at Starbucks. Used to be a barista...the caramel definitely has sugar. The other flavors come sugar free.

Today I went to chick-fill-A ordered a chicken salad with a diet lemonade. I love their lemonade I can drink a 32oz oz like nothing. The diet lemonade is a no go for me. I just can't stand the taste of what they used in it.

Edited by ASUgrad

Edited by ASUgrad

At my job it's kind a ritual to have a 3:00 Starbucks pilgrimage. I now get the Trenta Black unsweet iced tea instead of the frappuccinos. It has a fraction of the caffeine and no calories, although after my surgery I may just have to start bringing a pitcher of Decaf tea to work. Maybe I'll just go along for the walk :-) To SBX and back gets me nearly 1,000 steps on my fitbit