Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I threw up for the first time today. It's been almost a month since my surgery.

My nephew wanted McDonalds for Breakfast on the way to school. I order myself a egg and cheese biscuit. I threw away the biscuit and just ate the egg and cheese.

I ate fast. It was way too much for my pouch. I vomited about half of it up.

I feel stupid and like failure. Why would I eat anything from McDs? So stupid. :(

because your human and have old habbits they operated on your stomach not your brain you will mess up a few times but you will learn and get better

Don't beat yourself up. I can't tell you how many times I have considered driving through there. Now you know that is not something you can eat - or at least not yet. Give yourself credit for trying by throwing away the biscuit and just learn from it. Don't fall back in to the pattern of beating yourself up and then continuing forward with a "well I already screwed up today might as well eat more" attitude. (At least that is how I always was.) Chalk it up to a learning experience. Get back on track and move on with a healthy lunch. (PS - once you vomit, sometimes your system needs some time to calm down, so you might stick with liquids for 24 hours to give your system a rest.)

I agree with the above posters. One of the things my NUT told me before surgery, was take each day anew and just work on that day. I try to do that. We've all tried the fast food options however there are few choices in that area for us postop patients. My fast food choice is Chick-fil-A, the grilled nuggets and fruit cup are good choices for us. Salads are ok, but I suggest bringing your own dressing. I can't really offer any other advice other than love yourself. My Breakfast is a Protein Shake or Protein Bar, so no help there.

I have found that the only "fast food" I can tolerate is Subway since you can control what you put on the salad. I tried the egg stuffing of a breakfast burrito at McDonalds once and it was a mistake. I'm not allowed pork yet so I tried to pick it out and eat the rest but I was vomitting. At McDonalds I would suggest the yogurt parfait, it's only $1!!, or oatmeal. I have had both and they go down and stay down!

I threw up for the first time today. It's been almost a month since my surgery.

My nephew wanted McDonalds for breakfast on the way to school. I order myself a egg and cheese biscuit. I threw away the biscuit and just ate the egg and cheese.

I ate fast. It was way too much for my pouch. I vomited about half of it up.

I feel stupid and like failure. Why would I eat anything from McDs? So stupid. :(

You tried something and it didn't agree... And it wasn't the worst choice you could have made. I still eat McDonald's, I get the egg mcmuffin and toss one side of the English muffin. Sometimes I'll do oatmeal, and even had their grilled chicken.

Learn from it and move on!!

Thanks everyone. You're right. Live and learn.

In the past, mistakes like this would completely derail me but I'm trying to change my mind not just my body.

I think part of the bad decisions is that I've run out of groceries and don't get paid for a couple days so it was easy to pay a few bucks. And then just going through the line and NOT getting anything is a huge adjustment.

Next time I'll order an ice Water or a yogurt. McDs is a weak spot for me. My niece works there and brings food home. I pick her up and would go through the drive through.

Maybe if I make a list of ok choices for fast food places and keep it w me, I won't fall back into making bad choices so easily.

IDK. maybe it's just going to be trial and error. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll definitely try them.

Time to try to forgive myself and move forward.

I tried to eat a bacon egg and cheese biscuit the other day. I practice Portion Control and I figured half of it wouldn't hurt me.

I took a bite and couldn't eat it. It was sooooo greasy and so salty- after all this time eating fairly clean, McDonald's has no appeal to me. I went back and ordered a smoothie instead and even that was grossly sugary.

McDonald's really has yucky food. I won't be going there again. I prefer subway or Taco Bell as they have some healthier options.

Don't feel bad. You're human and this is part of the learning process. We all are truly learning how to eat again.

I have gone to McDonalds a few times for breakfast and I discovered that you can order a side of egg whites. They are 60 cal and 14 grams of Protein. Add a little salsa and I am completely satisfied!

I think that there are very few of us that can honestly that we haven't given into a craving at some point or another! I know I can't but, I just have to move forward and remind myself that I don't want to weigh 260 lbs again!

As everyone has said, there is nothing wrong with the fact that you are at McDonald's. The problem was that, as you identified, you ate too fast and too much. If my kids want McDonald's, I order a fruit & yogurt parfait or a baby cone (if we just stop for ice cream) and have done fine on both of them. If I were craving egg, I would not have hesitated to order what you ordered, just ate half!