Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Struggling day 7 post op

That Amazon woman is a &*!#% ...

As a host of this forum, I will remind you that personal attacks and name calling are forbidden. Please refrain from such behaviors. Thank you!

Thanks for the info. I'll keep that in mind. ;) Please note...I could have spelled out EXACTLY what I meant but decided I wouldn't for the sake of your forum. You may want to contact the person who completely put this person down. We all have opinions and I gave mine. ;)

There is a big difference between stating an opinion (which I did feel and comment was quite harsh) and name calling. Utilizing symbols over words does not negate intent.

Awesome! ;) Next time, I won't use symbols. ✌

Follow your surgeon's post-op plan.

Are you on a "clear" liquid diet or a "full" liquid diet now? Also at about 10-14 days you may be able to start the puree phase, that will make it easier.

For now, keep up the great work and if food is too tempting, maybe you can have others cook the meals or at least excuse yourself from the dinner table for the next week.

Thanks!! I'm now 10 days out and I actually did some purée foods last night I had about 2 oz of fat free retried Beans and OMG I never felt so good, I could instantly feel reliefs and energy. This morning I did some grits puréed with a little maple Syrup (lite) and was able to tolerate about 2oz of that I measure out my portions to 2 oz and if I feel full before I stop and if I don't feel completely full I just sip some Water and wait till my next meal. I've read different bariatric diets and seen so many different options as far as how long to be on liquids, I did PURE liquids up until last night, I've lost a total of 21lbs since my surgery on sept 2nd, and I still plan on trying to get my Protein shakes in (looking into shakeology) and my Water. I sip and sip and sip water all day. I tried to do tea earlier and it didn't satisfy my thirst at all its like water taste better than anything, I haven't tried juices or anything but milk lol and I'll drink milk if I'm having trouble getting my shakes down but other than that my water is my best friend no joke. Thank you for your help and support!!

Thanks for the confidence boost and reminder. I'll use your message to go bash myself now on why I won't eat for the remaining week and remind myself if I do fail it's all good cause my chances were slim of being successful to begin with "obviously". have a good night ????

We all have moments of weakness . I have several, and it's not anyone's place on this site to condemn or chastise me or anyone else. We are here to encourage each other. THATS IT.

I think you handle that catty negative reply graciously and appropriately. Me on the other hand..Well!!!!

Just hang on when you fall

Pick yourself back up and keep it moving. IMHO.... I think a large percentage has cheated a little. For those that didn't or won't GREAT!

But for those that have. This is are confession board. With like minded people....People that understand, that can guide you back on track. If a person on here had such self control why did they have surgery.

Anyway. I know you will succeed mistakes and all Good Luck.

So sad to read of how we turn on each other. Everyone is different, each life different, each situation different, each style and taste of eating different. One thing that is similar is our Quest to be healthy, eat better, change our habits of bad choice and foods. We can't do this along, many times our family members don't feel what we feel, so turning here for support and encouragement and advice is so nice.

We all have read posts that we just shake our heads at, but please don't comment then, walk away. Make positive uplifting and encouraging comments.

You'll need them one day and we will be here for you.

So sad to read of how we turn on each other. Everyone is different, each life different, each situation different, each style and taste of eating different. One thing that is similar is our Quest to be healthy, eat better, change our habits of bad choice and foods. We can't do this along, many times our family members don't feel what we feel, so turning here for support and encouragement and advice is so nice.

We all have read posts that we just shake our heads at, but please don't comment then, walk away. Make positive uplifting and encouraging comments.

You'll need them one day and we will be here for you.

Thank you for your encouraging words! I agree that we are all here to support each other in one way or another and have our own opinions and lifestyles. Hopefully they will help each other do what you stated, be healthy and stay healthy!

I understand the cravings. Somehow I was on puree and soft foods post op. No liqids. I had tuna salad in the hospital! However, to handle cravings I have a fresh batch of Bone Broth every week. I have it for breakfast and Snacks. All that warm deliciouness6,full of good Protein satisfies me a lot. Also. Creamy low fat cheese and Peanut Butter in the shakes. Good luck , lopez!!!!

Hi I'm new to everything I'm on day6 have all kinds of ????im reading forum it looks that convo has changed into bashing more info peeps less bash????????