Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Struggling day 7 post op

I was sleeved this last week September 2nd. I feel a lot better this week. I was doing awesome since getting home from the hospital up until yesterday. I started getting cravings for anything and everything I know I shouldn't have and idk how to curve these cravings! I don't wanna mess up on my diet and I definitely don't want to risk a leak and I don't want to cheat around my diet. Any suggestions on recipes or foods/soups that you found helped you get through the liquid 2 weeks post op!!

I hate to admit it but I cheated tonight. I fixed my family lasagna and I just couldn't resist. However, the pain I had after eating 2 very small bites and chewing them up as much as possible, I didn't go back for another! Today has been the hardest so far for me. Hoping tomorrow will be better since I did cheat. With the pain I worried I had messed up something. Back to the bouillion for me. I also didn't get in much Water today. Pledging to do better tomorrow.

I won't lie I cheated as well a while ago when making my 5 year old some rice and chicken. I took a small bite of chicken and luckily it didn't hurt or upset my stomach but the guilt was enough to make me not take another ???? I really want to do good even when I can eat again by choosing the right foods and so forth. It's just so hard To be the food prepared for the family and not be able to eat anything you prepare for them

Unfortunately if you can't make it through one week, chances are you won't be successful; just stating the obvious. Your stomach has barely had a chance to heal; how can you do this to yourself? Take a step back and revisit the surgery you just had and why.

Good luck

Thanks for the confidence boost and reminder. I'll use your message to go bash myself now on why I won't eat for the remaining week and remind myself if I do fail it's all good cause my chances were slim of being successful to begin with "obviously". have a good night ????

It's called food addiction, why don't you talk to a therapist about learning different ways to cope with your hunger. Mine told me it's like any other type of addiction but worse because you HAVE to eat. Just be patient, take your time and find something else to keep your mind off of food. And no I haven't had surgery, just been working with my therapist on my food addiction.

Luckily, my plan has allowed for small amounts of food since day three, which I think really has helped me avoided crazy cravings...

But, I would say try to stay hydrated. If you know you are going to be around tempting food, fill that tiny tummy up with some broth, so even if you are really craving something, there is no room.

I've also heard that reflux can mimic hunger... Are you on anything for reflux? My surgeon puts all of his patients on Prilosec for three months post op. Less acid means better healing as well.

Good luck!!

Thanks, yes I am taking Prilosec as well and another nausea medication as needed burnt haven't had any nausea for two Days now. I go back to work tomorrow so hopefully getting back into the work routine will help and since I won't have anything to eat at work just Water and shakes, hopefully this will help me curve my cravings.

Are you getting in all your Protein and fluids? At one week post-op I was pretty much sipping something all day long just to get it all in. I wouldn't have had the time or room to eat something not on my plan.

As my NUT reminded us, the liquid phase is not forever. You will get to eat soon enough. Don't risk setting back your recovery or causing complications by advancing your foods too quickly.

Early out I used ProtiDiet Soups (tomato basil and creamy chicken) that I got from my surgeon's office in addition to Protein Shakes and fruit-flavored Protein Drinks to get in all my protein. I liked having a savory option. A lot of people like the Unjury chicken Soup flavor, too.

Wow, being mean to people who acknowledge it isn't all sunshine and lollipops for them is a little f***ed up! It's a daily struggle to get to a place of comfort with the changes. Please reach out to people who will give you some understanding and ignore those who are being hateful or self-righteous. Your choices maybe could improve but it seems your a little lost with it right now. If I can help in any way please let me know.

Peace

Unfortunately if you can't make it through one week, chances are you won't be successful; just stating the obvious. Your stomach has barely had a chance to heal; how can you do this to yourself? Take a step back and revisit the surgery you just had and why.

Good luck

Honestly, if you have nothing positive to say...keep ur opinions to yourself!!! We come here for encouragement and words of wisdom...not to get shut down!!! You OBVIOUSLY are overweight and that's why u needed surgery too and no one is bashing on you!! Keep ur rude opinions to urself. We all have food addiction and we all know what's right and wrong...but sometimes we just need to get up and get back on track. People like you disgust me.

I was sleeved this last week September 2nd. I feel a lot better this week. I was doing awesome since getting home from the hospital up until yesterday. I started getting cravings for anything and everything I know I shouldn't have and idk how to curve these cravings! I don't wanna mess up on my diet and I definitely don't want to risk a leak and I don't want to cheat around my diet. Any suggestions on recipes or foods/soups that you found helped you get through the liquid 2 weeks post op!!

Please don't let other people bring u down!!! That Amazon woman is a &*!#% and u don't need anyone like that by ur side. -_- sorry...just my opinion. I'm here for u! stay strong! you got this!!! I was also sleeved 9/2 and chicken broth is my go to. Keep ur eye on the prize. xoxoxo

You know, bashing is bashing whether it's someone's opinion or behavior, when we slam them publicly we're only inviting controversy and argument, name-calling and general hatefulness. This is a public forum and everyone has a right to an opinion. It can be frustrating for people who are dealing with it in ways they feel are correct to constantly see others' seeming willfulness to insist on doing things known to possibly be harmful. The OP shouldn't be bashed but neither should anyone who gave an honest opinion, even if it seemed harsh or even unhelpful.

One of our greatest resources is each other and respectfulness is the obligation of everyone, even you and even me. I think it's f****ed up to hurt people with harsh and discouraging words but name calling is just as ugly. Let's give each other a little room and just ignore what is unhelpful. I don't think anyone had bad intentions.

You know, bashing is bashing whether it's someone's opinion or behavior, when we slam them publicly we're only inviting controversy and argument, name-calling and general hatefulness. This is a public forum and everyone has a right to an opinion. It can be frustrating for people who are dealing with it in ways they feel are correct to constantly see others' seeming willfulness to insist on doing things known to possibly be harmful. The OP shouldn't be bashed but neither should anyone who gave an honest opinion, even if it seemed harsh or even unhelpful.

One of our greatest resources is each other and respectfulness is the obligation of everyone, even you and even me. I think it's f****ed up to hurt people with harsh and discouraging words but name calling is just as ugly. Let's give each other a little room and just ignore what is unhelpful. I don't think anyone had bad intentions.

Well, in my own opinion, if you don't tell someone what they did or said was wrong and u just ignore it...then how will that person know? OBVIOUSLY what she said is going to be in this persons mind FOREVER and those are words u can't take back. So either u like what I said or dont...at the end of the day...that was MY OPINION and we are all entitled to it. ✌

Hey, there! I had my VSG a day before yours, so I am at about the same place. I am also totally feeling you! I am almost the poster child for good presurgical habits -- from June-August, I basically did 2 PP shakes a day, with one small Protein meal. I've done all the things they've asked me to do. I walk, I get my Vitamins, I am getting in all my Protein and my liquids each day. My recovery since surgery has been pretty easy -- at a week out, I feel almost recovered, though I know I need to be gentle with my body.

I have also flirted with cheating. :-) Yesterday, I got so pesky I soft scrambled two eggs with a tiny bit of cheddar cheese and ate them. Well, I tried -- after two bites, I was like OMG WTF TINY SLEEVE! But over the course of about 2 hours, I ate those eggs. Oh, and a day or two before that, I took a chicken meatball from the leftovers, and pureed it with some chicken broth and ATE IT. *grin* But it wasn't very satisfying.

As best I can tell, it's okay and normal to be feeling like this. I know that *at some point* I will be able to just eat the damned meat ball, but right now, I am a little tired of being the WLS good girl and drinking my nectar and flavored Water. :-) But in my heart, even as I'm doing those things, I'm thinking about a bite of an In&Out burger, or a taste of a burrito. :-) Last night, I imagined taking a bite of something on a TV commercial and just spitting it out after chewing it for the flavor! :-) So, I think that these urges to "cheat" are probably just the natural desire for more variety, and to move past this stage. I don't think having a bite of something means that you're going to fail, any more than cooking two eggs means I am. This liquid stage sort of sucks. :-) The only thing I can suggest to you is that when I have felt *really* like cheating, I have tried to figure out what would be best thing for me -- like those two eggs -- and least likely to cause me problems.

Short version: Don't worry now about a bite of lasagna before! Today is a different day Breathe! Have some more liquids! It's going to be okay! :-)